Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Ordered $500 card last Wednesday, received email on Thursday requesting I call to verify shipping address, email notification of shipment on Friday, delivered to my office today at about noon.

Not bad. Certainly prefer that to hoping the $100 cards don't end up in someone else's mailbox and tossed!

Final question, I hope. If I were to order 5 $100 cards, would they send them snail mail or UPS? I do like having the smaller denominations to take with me to apply to my S&S account as needed.

Ordered $500 card last Wednesday, received email on Thursday requesting I call to verify shipping address, email notification of shipment on Friday, delivered to my office today at about noon.

Not bad. Certainly prefer that to hoping the $100 cards don't end up in someone else's mailbox and tossed!

Final question, I hope. If I were to order 5 $100 cards, would they send them snail mail or UPS? I do like having the smaller denominations to take with me to apply to my S&S account as needed.

Mine all came UPS in 2 different package...1 with my 1-$500 card, the other with my 5-$100 cards. All delivered at the same time.

It's easier on my credit card to only order a couple of $100 cards at a time, but I do much prefer to receive them via UPS at the office rather than risk them being mis-delivered by USPS (again).

Thanks for all the info, folks! :)

Place order Tuesday

Got the verification email on Thursday

Shipped on Monday the following week

Received 2 days after via UPS

$500 GF - $50 savings :)

For those concerned with UPS Signature Required, just create a free UPS account where you can manage these settings.

I waived signature after I got the tracking information and informed the UPS driver where to place the package.

All this is done from myups website or via the ups app in your phone.

Edited by J0urn3yman

Can you clue me in on how you did this?

All you have to do is go to the AARP rewards for good site and register to create an account. Note that this does not make you a member of AARP. Once you are signed up, you click on the "earn points" link and take surveys to earn the desired number of points. You need 1,000 to buy a $100 card for $90 or 5,000 points to buy a $500 card for $450. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All you have to do is go to the AARP rewards for good site and register to create an account. Note that this does not make you a member of AARP. Once you are signed up, you click on the "earn points" link and take surveys to earn the desired number of points. You need 1,000 to buy a $100 card for $90 or 5,000 points to buy a $500 card for $450. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much! I was able to get in and get a gift card.

I just seen $100 and $500 gift cards available on aarp if anyone is interested.

Thanks for letting us know; Verizon is also showing them available; but I think I will pass this time. I don’t have a Carnival booked until next May, so I should be able to pick up a couple latter. Besides, after making payments on the cruises I have booked; and the two weeks I spent over the 4th in Ohio the old plastic has taken a bit of a beating this billing cycle. If I want to pay it off when the bill comes I need to start exercising a little restraint.

Where do I enter the gift card as payment on my account online? I see a spot for gift card and I enter my card number but when I hit submit, it says enter your credit card info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Where do I enter the gift card as payment on my account online? I see a spot for gift card and I enter my card number but when I hit submit, it says enter your credit card info.

There is a box I believe you have to check for Gift Cards. If I'm remembering correctly it's just above the CC info. I don't have it in front of me right now. Or if you're still having issues, call Carnival and they can do it over the phone.

It didn't work online for me, had to call Carnival. Online said only one of three cards had any money on it.

I have never used these gift cards, so let me see if I understand this correctly. If I purchase gift cards from AARP, I can apply those gift cards to my cruise reservations? So i would be able to reduce the price of my cruises.

Right now I have the Vista booked for approximately 3800.00. 1000.00 already deposited. So I could purchase 5 500 gift cards for a 2250. Then I could purchase 3 100 gift cards for 270. if I apply all of these gift cards to my reservation I would pay 2520 instead of 2800.

I do have some AARP points, but i will start working on getting more if this is the case. I just want to make sure i can do this.

I have never used these gift cards, so let me see if I understand this correctly. If I purchase gift cards from AARP, I can apply those gift cards to my cruise reservations? So i would be able to reduce the price of my cruises.

Right now I have the Vista booked for approximately 3800.00. 1000.00 already deposited. So I could purchase 5 500 gift cards for a 2250. Then I could purchase 3 100 gift cards for 270. if I apply all of these gift cards to my reservation I would pay 2520 instead of 2800.

I do have some AARP points, but i will start working on getting more if this is the case. I just want to make sure i can do this.

Yes you can! If the website does not allow you to apply them online, call your TA, PVP, or Carnival Customer Service, depending on how you booked.

If you did not book directly through Carnival, you will need to call your TA or PVP.

The cards are also good towards Carnival shore excursions, which is helpful if you are set on a particular excursion. Even if you booked with a TA, you can still book shore excursions through Carnival.