What is on YOUR bucket list of cruises for you to take?

Now I have to add a second cruise to Alaska because my mom decided to make sure we don't miss anything in Juneau, but to see it all in 6 hours is impossible. I want to go back without her later just to do it the right way - at a slower pace without ever feeling rushed anywhere or taking ship tours.

Several people have specifically mentioned B2B cruises are on their bucket list. I simply wonder just what is the draw to this type of trip!? We have done a few, and they were quite enjoyable, but I always felt it was too bad to repeat the port in the middle and have a repeat of the same cruise area as we left again. I personally would rather do a 14 day cruise whereby you can go to more ports and more distant ports before returning home again. Of course, sometimes cruise schedules and vacation time dictate what we do....after all, a day on a cruise ship is wonderful no matter where you go! Just wondered if there is something I am missing about the whole idea of B2B. Cheers....

Several people have specifically mentioned B2B cruises are on their bucket list. I simply wonder just what is the draw to this type of trip!? We have done a few, and they were quite enjoyable, but I always felt it was too bad to repeat the port in the middle and have a repeat of the same cruise area as we left again. I personally would rather do a 14 day cruise whereby you can go to more ports and more distant ports before returning home again. Of course, sometimes cruise schedules and vacation time dictate what we do....after all, a day on a cruise ship is wonderful no matter where you go! Just wondered if there is something I am missing about the whole idea of B2B. Cheers....

Probably because 14 day cruises that are closed loop are very rare in the states. We have a 10/11 B2B out of FLL in March 2016

Other than our local coastal cruises we've been picking away at our bucket list. I'm always looking for a deal so here's my list in not any particular order: (my target is air, hotel, sites, & cruise for $150pp/day)

Hoping to join friends for a bargain B2B 21 day Canary Island - Western Mediterranean in Feb. 2016

British Isle

Eastern Mediterranean

Baltic

Galapagos

Southeast Asia

My retirement cruise will be:

Australia-New Zealand-Tahiti-Hawaii-Vancouver

or

Australia-New Zealand-Asia-Alaska-Vancouver

Edited by lamchops

I have done a B2B from Vancouver to Miami and hope to do a Canary Island & Western Mediterranean next Feb. These are technically B2B but are 2 itineraries combined. The only place I would do a true B2B is in the port intensive Mediterranean where there is so much to see that you can visit a port twice. The cost of the cruise will be the same as hotel costs without the meals and entertainment.

I'm doing a 12 day this year and three B2B, fulfilling a bucket list of going away for while. Eventually I will try to a Transatlantic and maybe a 30-180 day plus a family vacation with my nieces & nephews either while still on job or after retirement (which is like 30 more years for me...[emoji17] ) I have easier time planning the Transatlantic and a longer cruise break than a family vacation because its like herding cats with them...[emoji21]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

I have done a B2B from Vancouver to Miami and hope to do a Canary Island & Western Mediterranean next Feb. These are technically B2B but are 2 itineraries combined. The only place I would do a true B2B is in the port intensive Mediterranean where there is so much to see that you can visit a port twice. The cost of the cruise will be the same as hotel costs without the meals and entertainment.

Our 10/11 day B2B on Serenade only repeats one port

10 day - Antigua, St Lucia,Barbados, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba

11 day - Tortola, St Kitts, Dominica, Antiqua :o, St Maarten

• 5 months later...

As we are doing some 'longer range planning' with some friends of ours...the New England to Canada itinerary, is getting serious consideration:

DH and I have on our bucket list:

-New England Cruise -- RT from Baltimore, with stops in Boston and Canada. Perhaps even on the day we are in Boston, get to go to a Red Sox baseball game....of course lots would have to be aligned for that to happen -- but it is my 'bucket list'.

-Mediterranean Cruise

-Transatlantic

-Alaska

-Panama Canal (start in CA and cruise home to FL)

-A cruise that departs from Sao Paulo, Brazil

-A B2B

-Cruising around Australia and then perhaps Australia to Hawaii

-a 9, 10 and 11 day cruise (not all at once -- could be combined with some of the above)

-Greek Islands

- Cuba

I think I will even put a string of cruises together as follows to be on our bucket list specifically -- fly to perhaps Barcelona then cruise to Rome, then connect with a Greek Islands cruise, then connect with a Transatlantic back to Fort Lauderdale. Since we might need to spend a few days on land between each cruise leg, that TA back to FLL (which for us is home) will be nice and relaxing. This will certainly take a few items off our bucket list all at the same time.

Edited by Paulette3028

Top of my list would be circumnavigation of the island of Sicily with overnights in, at least, Taormina, Palermo, Trapani and Catania. While we're at it, add several sea days and maybe throw in Sardinia and Malta. It would need to be on a premium/luxury line or, perhaps, a crewed yacht charter (a 60' Cat would be nice).

Pretty much any cruise to the part of the world I havent been yet could be on my list, but I really hope to do these in my lifetime (and I am only 30 years old, so hopefully I have plenty of time):

1. Panama Canal

2. South America (any countries)

3. Australia/New Zealand/Pacific islands

4. Long repositioning cruise, for example, from Europe to Asia

5. River cruise in Europe (Danube river or Moselle?)

• 2 weeks later...

My bucket list started with:

Any cruise, so I could test to see if I like cruising or would get sea-sick and I am thrilled to say, I LOVE cruising and I haven't got sea-sick yet. But my DH likes land vacays, so sometimes I have to cruise 'solo'.

Southern Caribbean (from PR)...done.

Mediterranean (from Spain to Italy)...done.

Alaska (inside passage)...done.

Eastern Caribbean (from FLL)...done as solo.

Western Caribbean (from FLL)...done as solo.

Now my task is to choose exciting ports that my husband would also like visit, so my recent list is:

Baltic to include St. Petersburg...we hope to do it this year.

South America to include Argentina and Chile.

Canary Islands

Panama Canal, the full transit

Trans Atlantic

South Pacific from Singapore

And lastly when we are both retired, hopefully world cruise.