What is on YOUR bucket list of cruises for you to take?

There are lots of places I still want to visit in the world, but only three cruises that are on my list:

Norwegian fjords

Alaska

Antarctica

I have never cruised before, but next week am off on Explorer to visit the fjords, so one down, two to go. :)

Brrrrrr. Interesting list, no desire for a slightly warmer itinerary

Brrrrrr. Interesting list, no desire for a slightly warmer itinerary

Haha! I do like a bit of sun and warmth (have done Egypt, Vegas, LA, Florida and the Med all in the summer months). But for cruising, I think the scenery and views on my to do list, just can't be beaten.

The Caribbean and Med cruises just don't interest any of my family tbh, as lovely as I'm sure they are. :)

There are many places in the world I would like to visit, but I would like to see most of them on a land vacation where I would have more than 6-10 hours at each stop. However, the exception is the Panama Canal. I think that would be simply amazing to experience on a cruise ship with a balcony room. Definite bucket list item.

Side note: For those of you that have not been to Alaska yet, add that to your list. I have sailed Alaska several times on Celebrity and it is the best cruise experience I have ever had. Buy the balcony room on the trip for sure.

6-10 hours in a port is just fine with me to get a little bit of each place. When we cruise the Med it may give us reason to plan a land vacation to one, two or three of the countries. On two separate occasions we have spent two weeks each in Israel, and it was nice but the packing and unpacking every few days to change our hotel to see other locations was annoying and what cruising gives you, is one stop unpacking.

Edited by Paulette3028

Why leave off Port Canaveral?

Because it is approximately a 4-4 1/2 hour drive from my home, further than the other ports. I would consider Port Canaveral if there was an itinerary that didn't duplicate a cruise I could take from one of the other ports.

I did see Carnival has a cruise from Port Canaveral to Bermuda this fall, but the timeframe doesn't work for me. If you are aware of other special itineraries from that port, let me know.

There are lots of places I still want to visit in the world, but only three cruises that are on my list:

Norwegian fjords

Alaska

Antarctica

I have never cruised before, but next week am off on Explorer to visit the fjords, so one down, two to go. :)

Good for you....the Norwegian Fjords and Antarctica would never make it onto my list....the only reason Alaska is on my list, is my husband really wants to go on it....I personally prefer WARM to HOT climates.....but doing Alaska will be fine with me, when we get to it.

I would love to do an Alaskan cruise but so far, have not been able to talk my husband into it!:D I did, however, talk him into an Iceland cruise in August, hoping that will inspire him for Alaska. I would also like to do one of the New England/Canadian cruises and a cruise up the west coast.

Sherri:)

Good for you....the Norwegian Fjords and Antarctica would never make it onto my list....the only reason Alaska is on my list, is my husband really wants to go on it....I personally prefer WARM to HOT climates.....but doing Alaska will be fine with me, when we get to it.

In cruising season Alaska does NOT necessarily mean cold. Weather there is indeed very variable but that's the chance you take (same in northern Europe). We went in late August and it was just fine, mostly 70s or so and we can't wait to go back for more:D:D

Gosh, we have not been everyplace but have been fortunate enough to have gone to all that were important to us.

No longer have a "bucket list" ... just enjoy cruising on whatever suits us best when we want to go.

Are we the only ones who feel this way?

LuLu

There are many places in the world I would like to visit, but I would like to see most of them on a land vacation where I would have more than 6-10 hours at each stop. However, the exception is the Panama Canal. I think that would be simply amazing to experience on a cruise ship with a balcony room. Definite bucket list item.

Side note: For those of you that have not been to Alaska yet, add that to your list. I have sailed Alaska several times on Celebrity and it is the best cruise experience I have ever had. Buy the balcony room on the trip for sure.

Ditto on Alaska. Do it ASAP. It is amazing. Just cruised to Alaska for the

first time 2 weeks ago. The scenery is so beautiful and breath taking. Would do it

again. I am considering canceling our next Caribbean cruise to go back to Alaska. We did a balcony but I would purchase any type of cabin just to go again.

Still on the "bucket list" is South Africa, but that won't be a cruise. :)

For those who mentioned Australia, if at all possible fly one way and cruise the other so you can actually travel within Australia. The same applies to New Zealand.