What is on YOUR bucket list of cruises for you to take?

I've been fortunate to visit many "bucket list" destinations already (in my early 50s). But almost as fast as I knock one off, I add another. Many are not cruises though.

I just did a SE Asia cruise this year that included a pre-cruise visit to Angkor Wat that was a fabulous bucket-list trip.

Next year I will take the traditional Norwegian ferry line Hurtigruten round trip to the Arctic Circle in early March to (hopefully) see the Northern Lights.

Other bucket list cruises include a French river cruise and a British Isles cruise coupled with a TA that stops in Greenland and Iceland.

There are many places in the world I would like to visit, but I would like to see most of them on a land vacation where I would have more than 6-10 hours at each stop. However, the exception is the Panama Canal. I think that would be simply amazing to experience on a cruise ship with a balcony room. Definite bucket list item.

Side note: For those of you that have not been to Alaska yet, add that to your list. I have sailed Alaska several times on Celebrity and it is the best cruise experience I have ever had. Buy the balcony room on the trip for sure.

Before cruising we had been eveywhere by air, train and car. We did four world cruises in the last six years. After this year cruise and next year 180 days world cruise on Insignia; we will have been pretty much been everywhere by sea.

Happy crusing

M

For those of you with Alaska or Panama Canal on your list--do it, and soon! Both are unforgettable sights. We even had an inside cabin in Alaska and felt it did not hamper our experience--we spent hours on deck (with beautiful weather, though that is iffy).

The Med is also wondrous. So many DIFFERENT places, countries, cultures. Coming up will be our third, but with mostly ports that are new to us, as well as our first transatlantic.

Remaining on our list--the rest of the world, in no particular order, except we will save the Caribbean for the years when our feet will no longer carry us over cobblestones, and we can chill under a palm tree!

Since the end of our first 7 night cruise a circumnavigation of Australia was at the top of our list, Just booked it.

The Circle Pacific is now high on our list and the round the world.

There are many places in the world I would like to visit, but I would like to see most of them on a land vacation where I would have more than 6-10 hours at each stop. However, the exception is the Panama Canal. I think that would be simply amazing to experience on a cruise ship with a balcony room. Definite bucket list item.

Side note: For those of you that have not been to Alaska yet, add that to your list. I have sailed Alaska several times on Celebrity and it is the best cruise experience I have ever had. Buy the balcony room on the trip for sure.

Unfortunately all balcony cabins were sold out by the time I decided to sail on a HAL ship in Alaska. The cruise was booked about 135 days in advance. If cabins with balconies were still available, I definitely would have booked one.

I hope this is a fun thread.

It was a fun read. Thanks for starting it. And thanks to everyone for posting. Interesting ideas, but my list really hasn't changed:

• Circumnavigate Australia
  • Pacific islands
  • New Zealand
  • Hawaii

The rest of this post is probably of interest to only me, so feel free to bail out anytime. I won't be offended.

Hawaii I can get to almost anytime via NCL's Pride of America or the others from the west coast. But when I've priced flights to HNL, I've found them hideously expensive, and the other ships take about 5 days to get to & from the islands. Someday I'll run out of excuses and do this, but probably not soon.

New Zealand is vaguely possible relatively soon IF I pick the exact 14-day period I can be away. The flights figure to be killers (both in expense and execution). Perhaps it's best to do this in conjunction with an Australian adventure further down the line.

The Pacific islands deserve more research than I care to give it now. There are a lot of beautiful and (relatively) unexplored places to visit, and I want to figure out which ones are the best fits for my interests. So I can't imagine doing this one in the next few years.

Australia is a really, really big country. It takes about a month to go around it, and I flat out cannot spare the time as long as I'm working. I suppose I could take a leave of absence and give 'em some sob story. :D Actually, the truth might work as well, but I'd still have to deal with being away for that long. The cruises themselves are a little expensive, so maybe I'll wait for the cruise lines to compete a bit more on this route.

South Georgia Island.

Easter Island.

Antarctica again but this time on a small Russian icebreaker.

Antarctica circumnavigation leaving from New Zealand

The Northwest Passage over Canada

The Northeast Passage over Russia

Spitsbergen

Greenland circumnavigation

Galapagos

Alaska Marine Highway out to Dutch Harbor

A self-drive canal boat trip in either England (from pub to pub) and/or in France if this qualifies as a cruise

DON

Edited by donaldsc

My #1 bucket list cruise was to take a World Voyage which I did in 2014. Silly me thought that once I had done this I would be satisfied with shorter cruises. Wrong! I want to do more World Voyages but have others on my list as well (too bad my money is not as plentiful as my dreams!).

Here is my list:

Canada/New England (Booked for fall 2015)

Alaska (considering for 2016)

Cuba

Hawaii/Tahiti (booked for 2016)

Northern Europe (fjords, Iceland, etc)

Around South America

European river cruises

World Voyages

Australia to Asia (or the other way round..or an Asian cruise and a Oz cruise)

Transatlantic

A Western/Southern Caribbean cruise

Cruise from Venice

Black sea cruise

A general Grand Med cruise (already booked for next year!)

The 3 cruises in bold on are on my possible booking list this year but cannot decide yet.

Fun stuff here....what we may try to do is fly to Europe; spend a few days in the departure city; cruise the Med (one way), then spend a few days in the departure city; then cruise home to FLL from there. That would put a few of our times together all rolled up nicely.

It will take some planning and time for that will be after retirement.