What Broadway show would you like to see on Harmony?

BTW Chicago is no longer on Allure - currently it is Tell Me On A Sunday and Mamma Mia will be starting soon.

I did not realize that Mamma Mia was going to Allure. Too bad, since I had hoped it would be put on Anthem when it got to the US, given that they still had rights to it.

We Will Rock You is NOT a Broadway show, it never even played on Broadway. I don't understand the reason they're even doing it. Do they really think that people want to sit thru an evening of Queen music? How have the reviews been on Anthem?

I did not realize that Mamma Mia was going to Allure. Too bad, since I had hoped it would be put on Anthem when it got to the US, given that they still had rights to it.

We Will Rock You is NOT a Broadway show, it never even played on Broadway. I don't understand the reason they're even doing it. Do they really think that people want to sit thru an evening of Queen music? How have the reviews been on Anthem?

From the reviews that I've seen, it seems to have been very well received.

On our Oasis cruise in March, the stage director gave the backstage tour for Diamond members. It was excellent, the best we've ever had. One thing he said when talking about Cats is that ALW had insisted that it be done unabridged, which is why it was so long (and why so many people were likely leaving), as opposed to abridged versions of other shows that they had done. Anyway, his theory was that they wanted to get the relationship so that they could have other shows in the future, specifically Phantom.

I just noticed that someone else mentioned a Vegas version of Phantom earlier in this thread.

Ooohhhh...some insider information, maybe? How exciting it that! Phantom is my all time favorite! The music is absolutely amazing! Fingers crossed!

Lauri

Not family friendly but I'd love to see The Book of Mormon:p

There is no way they would show the Book of Mormon, just like they would never put on Rent.

Just saw The Book of Mormon in the West End, snagged a second row center ticket for a will call patron who never showed. Lucky me for my one day in London. Its now my favorite, followed closely by Wicked (also saw in the West End).

Edited by Trekker954

We Will Rock You ran successfully for 12 years on the West End. It also had a successful US National tour.

Saw it in Vegas, it was very good. I'd take it over ABBA all day long and twice on Sunday

True, We Will Rock You may not literally be a Broadway show, but, it is a great fun upbeat one, so can see it being a good one for a cruise. It played in my city for quite a few months and it's one that I think I saw it 4 times in that time. Similar to Mamma Mia, it's a fun musical.

Not on Broadway but in West End it did run sold out for 12 years and ended always in standing ovations.

So I'd wager quite many DO like to spend their evenings listening to Queen music.

[emoji6]

Lähetetty minun GT-I9505 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe Shrek the Musical would be a logical choice?

Oh please NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

- although I do think they will have to keep whatever they choose somewhat family friendly.

~ Judy

You know, Shrek the Musical is actually not that bad. The music isn't bad and the lyrics are cute. There's a video of it that you can get on Netflix and I kind of enjoyed it (of course, anything with Sutton Foster is great, and she wouldn't be on the cruise). It would be an obvious choice given the relationship with Dreamworks.

Not on Broadway but in West End it did run sold out for 12 years and ended always in standing ovations.

So I'd wager quite many DO like to spend their evenings listening to Queen music.

[emoji6]

Lähetetty minun GT-I9505 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I'm sure there are many West End shows that never made it to Broadway or flopped there. American and British audiences sometimes have different tastes. I guess I'll find out in January.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I'm sure there are many West End shows that never made it to Broadway or flopped there. American and British audiences sometimes have different tastes. I guess I'll find out in January.

Of course! Especially since the ship will probably have predominantly British passengers, We Will Rock You will likely be a hit.

You know, Shrek the Musical is actually not that bad. The music isn't bad and the lyrics are cute. There's a video of it that you can get on Netflix and I kind of enjoyed it (of course, anything with Sutton Foster is great, and she wouldn't be on the cruise). It would be an obvious choice given the relationship with Dreamworks.

I don't think it will be Shrek. They have had so many other opportunities to put it on other ships and ended up choosing other plays.

Of course! Especially since the ship will probably have predominantly British passengers, We Will Rock You will likely be a hit.

Not starting in November (the predominantly British passengers part, that is, not necessarily the part about being a being a hit).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...