Complimentary Royal Refreshment Pkg??

First of all,the deal was NEVER meant to be bought on the ship..........had to be done before hand.....

Your letter from your TA probably won't be worth much.......sorry,but unless you have a letter from RCCL,saying you are exempt from the rules,you may be outta luck........

If you want the free soda package(Refresh),if I were you I would buy it now...........then at least,you stand a chance of giving it to one of your kids........

Assuming too,you are cruising before August 31st..

This is why I confirmed all the information with my TA. She was told by RCCL that I could buy it onboard with my OBC and it would include the Replenish package. By the way, I sail in 13 days. So I guess we'll see what happens when I get on board. I can always use the OBC to pay as I go. That's what I usually do. The package as offered was just a better deal. Oh well....I'll still have fun. Any day on a cruise is better than a day at work :D

This is why I confirmed all the information with my TA. She was told by RCCL that I could buy it onboard with my OBC and it would include the Replenish package. By the way, I sail in 13 days. So I guess we'll see what happens when I get on board. I can always use the OBC to pay as I go. That's what I usually do. The package as offered was just a better deal. Oh well....I'll still have fun. Any day on a cruise is better than a day at work :D

It doesn't even include the Replenish package now,here on dry land.........

well,at least you have the OBC to buy drinks..:)

The way Royal has handled this has been quite an eye opener for sure!!

Not new to cruising, but have only sailed the smaller ships. Our upcoming cruise is with a group of friends and RC will be new to most of those going.

The sheer amount of misinformation coming from Royal both in printed and verbal communication is stunning. Contacted my travel agent about the package and what it actually entailed and even she said I don't know how to advise you.

I look forward to the cruise as it's a wonderful itinerary, but if the handling of this is indicative of how Royal operates, it will be our one and only on RCCL.

The way Royal has handled this has been quite an eye opener for sure!!

Not new to cruising, but have only sailed the smaller ships. Our upcoming cruise is with a group of friends and RC will be new to most of those going.

The sheer amount of misinformation coming from Royal both in printed and verbal communication is stunning. Contacted my travel agent about the package and what it actually entailed and even she said I don't know how to advise you.

I look forward to the cruise as it's a wonderful itinerary, but if the handling of this is indicative of how Royal operates, it will be our one and only on RCCL.

We are getting ready for our 3rd RCI cruise. While this promo has been handled terribly, we have not had problems with:

• Reservations getting lost (excursion or on ship)
  • Balance Due Changing
  • Random Moving Cabins

I don't know if it makes a difference, but we do use a TA and all money exchanges go through her. We do book excursions & dining reservations using RCI's web page. We did have a great time on the first two cruises (2013 & 2014), otherwise we wouldn't return.

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.

Story ain't over yet.

After I received the email from my contact person at RCI whom I bought the packages with (confirming I will get Replenish as gift), I yesterday evening received another mail from another lady which said I was entitled to the offer that was stated in the flyer that she attached to her mail.

Guess what ...... indeed she attached the flyer that was changed AFTER I made my purchase and which states the Refresh offer.

Wrote them (both my initial contact and the other lady) a reply this morning, that this is illegal. They are trying to unilaterally change a legally binding, confirmed (verbally and in writing) and paid agreement that I made with them.

Have requested them to confirm once again the original agreement in writing within the next 48hours.

The management of Royal Caribbean should really step up to this one. I run a pan European online business myself and know for a fact that I am legally entitled to receive what I have bought with them. No way they can unilaterally change it into something less.

Moreover, from a customer satisfaction point of view, they should know better. Trying to sneak your way out of a mistake is probably the worst thing you can do as a company. It always backfires. Better to say "sorry we made a mistake, but everybody that bought in good faith will be given the offer as advertised".

That is what proper businesses do at least.

Its amazing how hard they are digging in their heels on this.

They corrected the flyer already so anyone booking after 6/15 really should have the "correct" information.

How many people actually booked this package on 6/15 before they realized it atctually was a good deal for the customer and cut it of to switch to the worthless replacement deal ? A few hundred ? A few thousand ?

Speaking for myself the difference between the Refresh and the Replenish for my son is probably 1-2 coffees and maybe 3-4 virgin cocktails during the week. Additional cost to RCI to provide those beverages as "included" is maybe $20 ??

So as a major company you could make this a win by saying "hey we screwed up, but for the couple of thousand people who booked on 6/15 before we realized it, we will honor the deal". That would actually give you some favorable PR for doing the right thing and cost you a few thousand dollars (tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands maybe?). No lets go with the "we screwed up, but its your problem" response.

Guess the pennies really are getting tight at RCI.

Wouldn't it make sense to sell a refillable soda mug as well as a non-alchohol beverage package and skip those meaningless names? The "original" deal sounded too good to be true. Turns out it was.

Who is writing the case study?

Story ain't over yet.

After I received the email from my contact person at RCI whom I bought the packages with (confirming I will get Replenish as gift), I yesterday evening received another mail from another lady which said I was entitled to the offer that was stated in the flyer that she attached to her mail.

Guess what ...... indeed she attached the flyer that was changed AFTER I made my purchase and which states the Refresh offer.

Wrote them (both my initial contact and the other lady) a reply this morning, that this is illegal. They are trying to unilaterally change a legally binding, confirmed (verbally and in writing) and paid agreement that I made with them.

Have requested them to confirm once again the original agreement in writing within the next 48hours.

The management of Royal Caribbean should really step up to this one. I run a pan European online business myself and know for a fact that I am legally entitled to receive what I have bought with them. No way they can unilaterally change it into something less.

Moreover, from a customer satisfaction point of view, they should know better. Trying to sneak your way out of a mistake is probably the worst thing you can do as a company. It always backfires. Better to say "sorry we made a mistake, but everybody that bought in good faith will be given the offer as advertised".

That is what proper businesses do at least.

sort of what happened with me. our cruise isn't till 2016. called and the agent said yup, replenish package. that was confirmed three times so i had her book it. after i had hung up i thought, wouldn't it be nicer to have it in writing, so i emailed her and asked that she confirm it. what i got back was a note to take 'this' flyer with me on our cruise.

the flyer not only had changed to refreshment package but it had also changed to only for sailings between june 15 and aug 30. BIG deal changer. we are no longer even eligible for the the refreshment package, lol.

Speaking for myself the difference between the Refresh and the Replenish for my son is probably 1-2 coffees and maybe 3-4 virgin cocktails during the week. Additional cost to RCI to provide those beverages as "included" is maybe $20 ??

Guess the pennies really are getting tight at RCI.

More like $2.00

Original plan for the cruise this Thanksgiving was Premium for my wife Refresh for my son. Wife will probably have a couple of coffees, son will probably have a couple of virgin drinks, pay for those a la carte.

Promo comes out and basically for the same money as Premium+Refresh I can do Ultimate+Replenish (I think it ends up being about $1.50 per day more for the Ultimate deal but now no a la carte drinks, so I should be very very very slightly ahead on the deal).

Great, book the deal.

For me, from a financial standpoint this is peanuts either way, not worried about losing on the deal no matter what happens, just interested to see how RCI handles the customer service side of it come November.

Is this offer still being offered?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

The offer is now:

Buy the Ultimate,get the Refresh(soda) package.........for cruises from June 15th till Aug 31st...

And yes,it is still be offered,with those terms.

Hi,

I know that most of you debate about if it is possible to get free replenish packages instead of refreshement packages. Nevertheless I'd like to know if anyone was able to book an ultimate package and get any free package displayed afterwards. I just tried it myself and called TA afterwards because nothing showed up (and in my case even the cruise is within the time frame stated).

So will it be necessary to debate on board to get the free packages granted? Even if I'm ok with getting "just" the refreshments?

Any clues?

BR

Mike

Hi,

I know that most of you debate about if it is possible to get free replenish packages instead of refreshement packages. Nevertheless I'd like to know if anyone was able to book an ultimate package and get any free package displayed afterwards. I just tried it myself and called TA afterwards because nothing showed up (and in my case even the cruise is within the time frame stated).

So will it be necessary to debate on board to get the free packages granted? Even if I'm ok with getting "just" the refreshments?

Any clues?

BR

Mike

If I were you,I would print out the flyer and proof,you bought the Ultimate.....I would not foresee any problems,getting the Refresh package.

Right now,it's too soon ,to hear from those who actually have cruised...

Hi,

Any clues?

BR

Mike

Nobody that I have heard of was ever able to get anything to display as part of booking the deal (either the wrong deal or the right deal). When I spoke to RCI about it I was told that "they would know all about it on the ship and not to worry about it".

As noted above, bring the flyer and the confirmation because that seems highly unlikely no matter which deal you booked (unless perhaps for the summer they are just handing out the extra refresh cup to everyone with an ultimate package no matter when they booked it, which I kind of think might be what the promotion was meant to be before RCI hosed it up).

The offer is now:

Buy the Ultimate,get the Refresh(soda) package.........for cruises from June 15th till Aug 31st...

And yes,it is still be offered,with those terms.

It's still showing as available for me to purchase (with the free Refresh package) in my Cruise Planner for our Anthem TA in late October, showing "offer valid" dates of June 15-Aug. 31, not sail dates. No doubt another RCI left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. If I were interested, I'd buy it and see what happened, but I'm not.

Update on progress.

Got another mail from RCCL stating:

"We do apologize but, the flyer was put out on the 15 of this month and the

information that we had since the beginning was the same as the one on the

document attach." (attached to the mail is the new document that they produced later that day on the 15th with the reduced offer).

Now I have checked the flyer document on their webpage again (http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Onboard_Experience/15043942_Share_a_Coke_Trade_Flyer.pdf) and in the change-log (right click on the document and select "inspect element") it is clear that they changed it only at 17.38h GMT which is hours after I made my actual purchase. (see the JPG with a screenshot).

2146808924_RoyalCaribbeanflyerchangelog.jpg.3a0991001d542861710820882e9431c3.jpg

Have just sent them a reply with this new info/evidence (on top of the verbal and written confirmation that they gave me already confirming my purchase of the Ultimate plus complimentary Replenish packages) demanding them to simply give me what I am legally entitled to.

Unbelievable how unprofessionally RCCL handles this mistake on their side.

Let's see what comes next

Edited by dh1968