New 5 day WOW sale made wife say WOW

DW has been watching an April 23d, 2016 Oasis sailing trying to decide whether or not to book. Yesterday, Jun 12th, she saw that the price was $2668 and we thought that was a little high for a 7 day. This morning she yelled out that there was a new 5 day WOW sale and the price of the April 23d 2016 Oasis has made her go WOW. Seems that the new WOW sale indicates that the price of the cruise fare has gone up $50 per person so that RCCL can give $50 per person as an OBC which means basically that you are giving yourself $50 OBC, per person, WOW!!! Just WOW! :mad:

On the cruise I have booked, Harmony March 4th, 2017, price went up 34.00 total, but you get 100.00 OBC per cabin. So not all the sales seem to be like what you state.

Sounds like you would make out by $66.00. Would you have to cancel and then rebook and if so, do you lose anything by canceling? Asking because I'm just not that familiar with RCCL's policies.

Sounds like you would make out by $66.00. Would you have to cancel and then rebook and if so, do you lose anything by canceling? Asking because I'm just not that familiar with RCCL's policies.

I just emailed my RCL planner this morning and she changed it. It was that easy.

I just emailed my RCL planner this morning and she changed it. It was that easy.

Boy you have done it now...DW has looked at the cruise you booked, Mar 4, 2017 and the cruise the week before, Feb 25th, 2017 and the prices are incredible! She now wants to book both :D Got you to thank for that!! :eek: :D :D

So far, none of the cruises I've been watching have gone up in price.

The one I am watching went up crazy! Watching the 3 night Majesty for July 4th. Tons of cabins left. Before this "SALE" it was $404 which I am not paying. Now it is $469 or something crazy like that

Royal needs to take notice. Those of us that cruise a lot are sick of the games Royal is playing. Hence, where before we pretty much only booked Royal, now I have 3 Celebrity booked and for the first time ever I booked a 3 night on NCL Sky.

I truly hope they go with a bunch of ships half full. Maybe then they will wake up and smell the roses-ie. those of us than can take last minute cruises to fill up the ships. But at this point they just don't care.

I am watching two 2016 dates on Liberty. One went up $500 and the other $100.

Not combinable with Diamond discount and they will not let me use the "SailAgain" discount code they mailed me a couple weeks ago with ANY discounts.

There is absolutely no incentive to use the $25 "SailAgain" discount unless you want to lose money.

The one I am watching went up crazy! Watching the 3 night Majesty for July 4th. Tons of cabins left. Before this "SALE" it was $404 which I am not paying. Now it is $469 or something crazy like that

Actually that cruise is not included in the sale.

*Cruise must be booked June 13-17, 2015 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies cruises departing on or after July 13, 2015.

Royal needs to take notice. Those of us that cruise a lot are sick of the games Royal is playing. Hence, where before we pretty much only booked Royal, now I have 3 Celebrity booked and for the first time ever I booked a 3 night on NCL Sky.

I truly hope they go with a bunch of ships half full. Maybe then they will wake up and smell the roses-ie. those of us than can take last minute cruises to fill up the ships. But at this point they just don't care.

Since Celebrity is owned by the same parent company as a Royal Caribbean, I highly doubt they care which line you spend your money on as long as they get your money in the end.

Boy you have done it now...DW has looked at the cruise you booked, Mar 4, 2017 and the cruise the week before, Feb 25th, 2017 and the prices are incredible! She now wants to book both :D Got you to thank for that!! :eek: :D :D

Trust me, I didn't plan on booking either, but when I saw how cheap that harmony cruise was for a balcony, I couldn't pass it up. and at half deposit, it was a no brainer.

On June 1st, I booked a Central Park Balcony for $1,631.72 (w/o gratuities) for January 2017. June 6th I got $34 lower with Weekend Cyber Sale. The current WOW sale would award me $100 OBC, BUT the price of the cabin has gone up by $174 in the past week, so it isn't a deal for me.

Trust me, I didn't plan on booking either, but when I saw how cheap that harmony cruise was for a balcony, I couldn't pass it up. and at half deposit, it was a no brainer.

Well then, you need to look at the Feb 25th, 2017 cause the price is great and you really need that one too! :D

They'll never sail half full as long as the drink packages are out there. I would rather take that $60 per day, per person, and use it for another cruise. They've jacked the individual drink prices up so high, it makes the packages look like a deal. Can I afford it? Without a doubt. Will I pay it? Not a snowball's chance in h---. I don't go on cruises to drink, I go for the ports.

So far, none of the cruises I've been watching have gone up in price.

The Oasis cruise we'd been planning for next November went up by $100, which is a "wash" if you get the $100 OBC. However, since we can't combine our D+ discount with the OBC, we'd be paying more. WOW! Way to go RC...penalize your most loyal customers.

My Harmony cruise has gone up, but I was able to re-price my Anthem cruise and end up a bit ahead under the current WOW sale (can combine with the 30 for 30 sale). My friend also got the WOW OBC, even though her price went up a bit, it's better to get the OBC from WOW. So not completely a bust.

I booked that cruise two weeks ago. Today it is up $116 per person. I wasn't happy about what I paid, but I wanted to go badly enough to book it anyway. No way that would have happened at today's rate.

I just booked my parents yesterday on the Jewel to Alaska 9/11/15...today I see they were offering $100 OBC...when I called to see if I could get that added for them, the gentleman at first told me he could...but their cruise price would go up $700!!! Luckily I had the "mock booking" page up on my computer & told him that I saw it as the price being the same...he then looked some more & said yes...it would be the same...he ended up cancelling & rebooking them...but in the end they have $100 to spend so I think they will be happy...:D

Only wish I could have done the same for my cabin on that sailing, but the price has MORE than doubled since I booked...I'm just happy I got a good deal!

Well then, you need to look at the Feb 25th, 2017 cause the price is great and you really need that one too! :D

Yep I booked the same cruise and the price is the same all week and now the $100 obc. BOOKED!!!

I booked yesterday and then called today and got the $100 obc. Weird thing is my travel agent tried to get the reduced deposit yesterday and they wouldn't let her. So I had to book through Royal and then I have sent a form to switch the booking to our agent (so we can get perks). Weird also is that when I called, Royal gave me the reduced deposit. hmmm