Is there a scale in the fitness center

I know this is a stupid question but I have never noticed if there are any scales in the fitness center. My husband must monitor his weight everyday and was wondering if there was one on the ship I wouldn't have to pack one. Thanks for your help.

I know this is a stupid question but I have never noticed if there are any scales in the fitness center. My husband must monitor his weight everyday and was wondering if there was one on the ship I wouldn't have to pack one. Thanks for your help.

I went back to look at some of my gym pictures and found this one... note the scale top left (This is on Serenade 2014)

DSC08080_zps6q3k4hxt.jpg

Having said that, I'm 99% sure Quantum had a scale as you entered the gym right there in the aisle as you entered, and Legend had one tucked in a back hallway by a desk that the fitness staff used in their small gym. I think I've seen a scale in every gym but going back to look at pictures from other sailings I just can't make out scales in the few gym pictures I do have. But I think there's scale in every gym

I have used them on Indy and other ships. Sometimes they are not working or no where?

Oasis/Allure has it in the gym at the top of the stairs.

Or you have to go to the Spa, they had one on the ship on Radiance? in the women's change room in the Spa area. I like to weigh when we get on board and the ship is in port. Then try? to see how I am doing through the cruise. It fluctuates something awful at times. We are usually a month or so on board when we go cruising.:D

I tried bringing my scales once. Don't bother! They don't work on a ship because it's not totally flat.

Can you expand a little on what you mean? I could understand that a scale might not give a totally accurate reading if you had very high seas, but other than in that instance, I wouldn't think there would be an issue.

Thanks so much for the info we are going on the GOS and really never paid any attention to if there were any scales. Now that husband must monitor

everyday it might work better if we pack one. Thanks for the pictures and investigating for me.

Just something to think about -- if he needs to weigh every day, I assume if the reading is not what he is looking for (losing? gaining? maintaining?), then he changes some type of behavior (meds? food? water?).

So he might be making the decision to change whatever it is on a dubious reading, either because of changing conditions onboard or an unfamiliar scale (who knows how/when it was calibrated).

Just something to think about -- if he needs to weigh every day, I assume if the reading is not what he is looking for (losing? gaining? maintaining?), then he changes some type of behavior (meds? food? water?).

So he might be making the decision to change whatever it is on a dubious reading, either because of changing conditions onboard or an unfamiliar scale (who knows how/when it was calibrated).

All they need to do is weigh him as soon as they board the ship to have a baseline weight. They can tell the changes based on that baseline.

bring one. any on board would NOT be properly calibrated.

All they need to do is weigh him as soon as they board the ship to have a baseline weight. They can tell the changes based on that baseline.

not necessarily. just for kicks and giggles we did that once,. there was 20 pound difference between 2 readings one day apart. both taken at the same time of day, early morning, calm seas.

not even my husband eats THAT much at the buffet! :p

not necessarily. just for kicks and giggles we did that once,. there was 20 pound difference between 2 readings one day apart. both taken at the same time of day, early morning, calm seas.

not even my husband eats THAT much at the buffet! :p

That sounds like someone messing with the scales. I know lots of people pull practical jokes in gyms.

I usually just grab two of the heaviest dumbbells, walk over to the scales and check the accuracy. The majority I have tried have been only off by 2-3 pounds at most.

That sounds like someone messing with the scales. I know lots of people pull practical jokes in gyms.

I usually just grab two of the heaviest dumbbells, walk over to the scales and check the accuracy. The majority I have tried have been only off by 2-3 pounds at most.

Exactly. I am sure the OP is intelligent enough not to make drastic changes in her husband's medication without confirming that the scale they are using isn't tampered with. Common sense. The OP obviously has a handle on her husband's condition and would know enough to go to the medical center to confirm a weight if they felt someone messed with the other scale.

The scales I have used onboard have been balanced beam scales as used in hospitals and our doctors surgeries.

If you are weighed on the first day onboard then you can follow your progress on board no bother for the cruise.

The bar twists, so one side is in pounds and the other in kilos.

I'm pretty sure all ships would have one in the fitness center. I usually weigh the first day and the last day and check the suitcases if I feel they might be too heavy.

If not in the fitness center, then certainly the medical clinic would have one. All the ones I've seen are hospital type, balance beam scales. You can check the accuracy by setting it to zero and seeing it balance. Also by using the dumbbells as another poster mentioned.

There has been a scale on every ship (I think) that I've been on. But none work right. I would weigh myself every day and the scale, as it was obviously broken, would show an increase daily. Must be the effects of salt air on scales.

Thanks for your help I never paid any attention before. Maybe we should pack it just case that way he is safe.

I agree with Bob's statement above that I have definitely seen a scale in some fitness centers. Perhaps, given your situation that this might be a good question for guests with special needs department. MAYBE (no personal experience) that they have one in the medical office you can just walk in and use.