Extended Cruises (+8 Days)....selling?

MickCruiser

Any idea how these extended cruises are being received....are they selling or not? Someone referenced their 14 day Glory (Oct 31 sail date) with a really itinerary.

Was just wondering how those cruises are being booked....or not.

Really appealing but the duration is the downside here.....really cannot imagine taking two weeks of vacation. Perhaps I should move to Europe. [emoji2]

- JPO

I have only ever done 2 long cruises with Carnival and found that my Baltic cruise sailed with empty cabins (after low prices) as you might guess for Europe.

My Panama Canal one sold out much more quickly and prices rose sharply 4 months out as well. I have also found these longer cruises have more diamonds and plats on (well thats what seasoned cruisers tell me).

We are booked on the 10 day Sunshine next May out of Charleston and it has been selling very well. In fact, even thought we are still nearly a year out, all outsides and suites are gone, with just some insides and standard balconies available. Rates have also only gone up. We booked about two months ago and watched the price for our cabin category go up by $250.00 before selling out.

No clue as to how they are selling but we are booked on a b2b on 2 of the Journeys cruises for a total of 21 days.

The first cruise, the price has dropped $300 but the second cruise has not dropped in price.

I booked an inside cabin for both legs of the above cruises, and for the 1st leg, the price has dropped, and the 2nd leg the price has gone up.

It may be that different categories of cabins on the same cruise can be priced differently according to demand.

I love these itineraries on the "Journey" cruises that Carnival started offering. There was one in particular that we were considering booking but just can't make it work since my DH started a new job last July and doesn't have the vacation time this year for us to do it. The one I wanted to do is the December 9th sailing on Sunshine out of San Juan but the sail date is a Wednesday so he'd need to take 9 vacation days in a row (we'd fly in a day early), which he will not have...unfortunately. :( If it weren't for that, we'd have had it booked already and would just be counting down the days. We're just hoping that Carnival will continue to offer the Journey cruises that visit stops that aren't on the regular itineraries so we can take advantage of one someday.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Not sure on how many they are selling but we booked an 11 day out of San Juan and ending in New Orleans! Got my sister and her husband to book also! LOVE these itineraries and the additions stuff that the Journeys will have, 7 days is fun but you are in full blown fun and it is over, this gives us a little more time for fun!:):D

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

We booked B2B Journey cruises out of Baltimore. They do not seem to have dropped in price as much as the Other Journeys have, but the port is closer for us. I did see quite a few postings on various cruise FB pages where people were being given some Journeys cruise for $150 with $150 OBC so they basically just had to pay fees, port charges, and gratuities so I wondered if they were not selling quite as well as expected.

The claims above, about "sold out" space is totally in error. There is no way to know, what cabins may or may not be left. Agencies, are allotted plenty of group space that isn't sold, and can be turned back in around final payment etc.

Price can suggest sales being up or down.

We booked B2B Journey cruises out of Baltimore. They do not seem to have dropped in price as much as the Other Journeys have, but the port is closer for us. I did see quite a few postings on various cruise FB pages where people were being given some Journeys cruise for $150 with $150 OBC so they basically just had to pay fees, port charges, and gratuities so I wondered if they were not selling quite as well as expected.

That is the offer I recieved, did not believe it, so I called Carnival and it was legit!

Done booked just too good to pass up! :eek:

I think the true test will be at the final payment dates.

For the March 14 night repositioning of the Pride, the cruise price jumped dramatically at a certain point - the cruise sold well.

For our b2b on the Pride in January (21 days), there has been a couple of smallish price drops. That being said, the 4K's are now completely sold out on both legs so at least that category is selling well (meaning no more price drops for me).

We're on the 10/31 sailing of the Glory. I was ecstatic when this cruise opened up. The last two out of three cruises we did were B2B (we didn't do a B2B on the Alaskan cruise because the itinerary was the same every week for most of the summer). When we are looking to do a B2B, we look for two different itineraries, and two itineraries that are appealing to us, and it can be a bit of a trick. So when this one popped up, it was a no-brainer. (We haven't been to six of eight of these ports!) We generally take two weeks off for a big vacation every year. But I DID wonder the same thing as you. I wondered how many people would be able to do such a long cruise as many cannot take that much time off of work. My husband and I are lucky to be able to do so! I don't know how much of the boat is sold, but I DO know that balcony cabins on the Lido deck are sold out. I know this because yesterday I was checking for price drops and that cabin class was no longer available.

I don't think there is going to be any problem selling these. There are plenty of people who sail multiple weeks, even though the majority do not. There are a lot fewer longer itineraries which also play into the supply and demand.

I know I have received multiple offers for the Dreams Journeys cruises, that are great deals, if I could take advantage of them. I think some are selling well, while others aren't. There are only so many people that can sail that many days in a row and they threw a bunch of longer cruises out at once and might've flooded the market.

We were just on a 14 day cruise in March and it was sold out months before. (it was a repo cruise); BUT, it was a 14 day cruise and I think you may find that the average age of the pax is a bit older. In our case, as they announced one day, the average age was 63. Very few kids on the ship, if that matter to you....

Any idea how these extended cruises are being received....are they selling or not? Someone referenced their 14 day Glory (Oct 31 sail date) with a really itinerary.

Was just wondering how those cruises are being booked....or not.

Really appealing but the duration is the downside here.....really cannot imagine taking two weeks of vacation. Perhaps I should move to Europe. [emoji2]

- JPO

Hi Mick, I am booked on the 14 night Glory cruise you are referring to. I am in my early 40s as is my boyfriend. why cant u imagine taking a two week vacation?? :)

We were just on a 14 day cruise in March and it was sold out months before. (it was a repo cruise); BUT, it was a 14 day cruise and I think you may find that the average age of the pax is a bit older. In our case, as they announced one day, the average age was 63. Very few kids on the ship, if that matter to you....

I don't care if the average age is 80 as long as there's hardly any kids. :D Part of the reason we like to book cruises at this time is that there's rarely a lot of kids on the boats. Twice, we cruised during summer break and then Thanksgiving, and the ship was a ZOO because of the crazy amount of children! Never again!

i don't care if the average age is 80 as long as there's hardly any kids. :d part of the reason we like to book cruises at this time is that there's rarely a lot of kids on the boats. Twice, we cruised during summer break and then thanksgiving, and the ship was a zoo because of the crazy amount of children! Never again!

bingo!!!!!