BOGO Sales

Is there any predicatability to when Royal will have a BOGO sale? We are trying to plan a vacation on a budget and want to hold off. We wouldn't be sailing until March, but we are hooked now and can't wait to get something on the books. That is how we booked last time. We aren't looking for a special room. Probably just an interior.

BOGOHO really isn't a good sale. They just raise the prices high before the sale and then show a discounted amount. The rates you see now would probably be less than if there was a BOGOHO promotion.

Is there any predicatability to when Royal will have a BOGO sale? We are trying to plan a vacation on a budget and want to hold off. We wouldn't be sailing until March, but we are hooked now and can't wait to get something on the books. That is how we booked last time. We aren't looking for a special room. Probably just an interior.

No telling when the next one will be. It seemed like the last one went on forever.

Just so you know. Right before they have the BOGOHO sale the prices will be adjusted so there will be little if any savings.

Bill

I thought the BOGO was a good deal. I booked during it for December, and got the free taxes and fees bonus as well. The price of our cabin with this current sale is $150 more than what I got it for. I think $370 per person for a 6 night cruise is pretty darn good.

Just have to keep an eye out and when it looks good to you pull the trigger, a good deal is different for everyone

BOGOHO really isn't a good sale. They just raise the prices high before the sale and then show a discounted amount. The rates you see now would probably be less than if there was a BOGOHO promotion.

Just for the record, we booked during the BOGOHO (two D1 rooms, three people each). To book the same rooms now would be an additional $1200.

We had two rooms on Freedom last year (upgraded to D1's during a price drop). The cost this year (sailing isn't until 2016) for a room for three is only $173 more.

2013 sailing was the end of June, 2016 sailing is 2nd week of July, so not much difference.

Just for the record, we booked during the BOGOHO (two D1 rooms, three people each). To book the same rooms now would be an additional $1200.

We had two rooms on Freedom last year (upgraded to D1's during a price drop). The cost this year (sailing isn't until 2016) for a room for three is only $173 more.

2013 sailing was the end of June, 2016 sailing is 2nd week of July, so not much difference.

That great that it worked out for you to be a good deal. I didn't say you couldn't get a deal I just said that they raise the price and then offer a large discount. If you look on cruise fish you can see a price increase every time a new "sale" is announced. I just booked Anthem and the TA said always look for the price drops and other offers but be aware that RC always robs Peter to pay Paul.

Did you price the current promo of 30/30 sale. It's 30% off each passenger, while the last BOGO sale of 50% off, I believe, applied to the 2nd passenger only.

PS. I stand corrected if wrong, but there have been so many iterations of the BOGO sale over the last 12 months.

Next one will be July 1st thru August 16th...

and if you book a holiday sailing(Dec 15th-31st) for 2015/16..........tips will be included for 1st and 2nd person..

Thanks for that info Kathy. I was wondering if BOGOHO would be coming back again July 1:)

I thought July 1 would start a 31/31 sale

Edited by molly361

That great that it worked out for you to be a good deal. I didn't say you couldn't get a deal I just said that they raise the price and then offer a large discount. If you look on cruise fish you can see a price increase every time a new "sale" is announced. I just booked Anthem and the TA said always look for the price drops and other offers but be aware that RC always robs Peter to pay Paul.

Oh, I agree they're not losing money on the sale. I just was pointing out the current sale isn't a better deal. This was actually the first time I compared the price from our 2014 cruise to our 2016. I was actually pleasantly surprised it wasn't much of an increase.

Did you price the current promo of 30/30 sale. It's 30% off each passenger, while the last BOGO sale of 50% off, I believe, applied to the 2nd passenger only.

PS. I stand corrected if wrong, but there have been so many iterations of the BOGO sale over the last 12 months.

We got 50% off on everyone OTHER than passenger #1.

My Anthem booking is with the current promotion and it really was a good rate....2700 for a D1 for a 9 night sailing. The price has already gone up a few times since I booked it last week. I'll be keeping an eye out for any price adjustments.

Thanks for that info Kathy. I was wondering if BOGOHO would be coming back again July 1:)

I thought July 1 would start a 31/31 sale

I think they are waiting for February...going to be 29/29..leap year,you know..

You never know if these will be a good deal but ours was. Depends on when you book.

We booked Allure Med last June (2014) during the first BOGOHO sale and got a JS for 2 for $4016.

During the Jan. 2015 BOGOHO the same room was $5,202.

I would book now and if there are any price drops before you make final payment you can take advantage of those.

Next one will be July 1st thru August 16th...

and if you book a holiday sailing(Dec 15th-31st) for 2015/16..........tips will be included for 1st and 2nd person..

Oh great! So, we can expect a nice price increase on cabins to offset the "gift" of "free gratuities". And of course there is still the question of if this promo will be combinable with C&A balcony and other discounts. :confused:

Edited by cruisingsince94

My Anthem booking is with the current promotion and it really was a good rate....2700 for a D1 for a 9 night sailing. The price has already gone up a few times since I booked it last week. I'll be keeping an eye out for any price adjustments.

I booked a 9 niter to NE/Canada on the Anthem for August 25, 2016 at $1,339 and $1514 respectively for D7 category. Saved over $1,000 with the 30/30 discount. At the same time took advantage of a 9 niter on the Navigator for early Feb., '17 for a D2 and costing $2,263 for 2. All prices include the D+ balcony discount.

You can't go by what the price is now. When inventory goes down, prices generally go up. What was the price before the sale

30% is only on suites, 20% on balcony rooms. Its only 10% on inside cabins. The BOGO was on any room

30% on Suites or Balconies. 20% on Ocean View, 10% on Inside

You can't go by what the price is now. When inventory goes down, prices generally go up. What was the price before the sale

Except the BOGOHO sale was going on when they released the sailing. So there was NO price before the sale. And sure I can compare it to the current sale, especially when the poster I replied to said the current sale would probably be a better deal (it may be on other sailings, but not what we booked).

You'll notice I did compare it to our 2014 sailing (although that was Western compared to Eastern in 2016) and the price went up a whopping $173 for three people, so $57.xx/person for the week. The price for our 2014 sailing was following a "free upgrade" after a price drop.

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.

There was some good prices to be found if you were willing to search for them. We booked the Harmony transatlantic at the start of this sale and got a D2 for $2288 total including the fees for 13 nights! Got a total of $375 OBC to boot. That same category today is up by $300pp.

You are slightly less than a year out. You could book now and see what happens. You can always cancel and switch if a better price shows up as long as you do it before sailing date plus 75 days (final payment). Do this and you're protected. You can take advantage of price drops and sales and you don't have to worry about price increase.

A lot of controversy over the BOGO sales. Quite a few people got some very good deals if they booked early. As rooms were sold, prices went up. People booking later didn't get quite as good a deal. I booked two cruises and both have since gone up 30 to 50 percent.

We are watching two cruises in 2016. With the 30/30 the May cruise went up $700 and the exact same cruise in Nov went up $25.

On the 30th we are considering placing a courtesy hold on the Nov cruise and waiting to see what happens. Not sure if they will honor the price from the 30th with a hold if they are cheaper or if the current rates at time of actually booking prevail.