Dinner in the Cabin

Pet

What ship would that dining room be on? It's certainly not on any of the Oceania ships.

That being the case, it would likely be extremely difficult ...:)

Mura

We have two cruises planned with four days between, and I forgot which thread I was on - Cunard or Oceania! My apologies.

When did the Hosts start making informational Posts?

I can't speak for my colleagues but I try to answer questions when I know the answer.

I usually stay on the boards where I have experience of the ships but in this case the question was about Cunard so I thought I could help.

I can't speak for my colleagues but I try to answer questions when I know the answer.

I usually stay on the boards where I have experience of the ships but in this case the question was about Cunard so I thought I could help.

Speaking for myself, I think it's very nice when a mod comes on and helps. :D

Very thoughtful. thank you.

Question: Are there other lines that offer the option of ordering from a restaurant to be served in your room?

I ask because Oceania is the only line on which we have sailed that offers this option, and this has only been possible for the past several years. OTOH, most of our cruising over the past 10 years has been on Oceania with a couple of exceptions.

Just curious.

Mura

I see you are going on the Dawn, if you are in a suite you can also dine in your cabin you would arrange that with your Butler.

You can order from any or all the restaurants but if you order from a upcharge restaurant that would be charged extra.

We are in a suite (but not in Haven). However, we are traveling with a group of friends so probably will dine together in the various restaurants.

Thanks for the info!

Mura

Question: Are there other lines that offer the option of ordering from a restaurant to be served in your room?

I ask because Oceania is the only line on which we have sailed that offers this option, and this has only been possible for the past several years. OTOH, most of our cruising over the past 10 years has been on Oceania with a couple of exceptions.

Just curious.

Mura

Regent, Seabourn and Silverseas all offer en suite dining, course by course if one prefers, from either the main dining room menu or the separate room service menu. I have not sailed Crystal recently so am unsure if it also offers room service; I would think the upcoming Crystal ships will.

We are in a suite (but not in Haven). However, we are traveling with a group of friends so probably will dine together in the various restaurants.

Thanks for the info!

Mura

The Dawn does not have a Haven area so you will have a Butler that can set up in cabin dining if you wish.

Mura

It may have changed, but on Princess, if you're in one of their suites, even the junior ones, you were able to order from the dining room during dining room hours.

Cunard's Queen Mary2 also has a Brittania dining room.

:D

If your gratuities are prepaid as a perk are both the cabin steward and butler initial gratuities covered and we just give them the extra as we go along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your gratuities are prepaid as a perk are both the cabin steward and butler initial gratuities covered and we just give them the extra as we go along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can give extra if you choose but not required ...personal choice

You will still pay gratuities on alcoholic drinks or on the Beverage packages

GGS, if the service is good which it will be....We always give extra at the end of the cruise. But that is us, we believe what is given in prepaid just isn't the right amount for the amount of work and service that is given.

Rick

GGS, if the service is good which it will be....We always give extra at the end of the cruise. But that is us, we believe what is given in prepaid just isn't the right amount for the amount of work and service that is given.

Rick

Agree, just booked Regent for the first time and will not be making use of the dreaded bus tours either.

We also always, since the service is always better than good, tip at the end.

Edited by orchestrapal