Disappointed-looks like poor weather for first cruise

Make sure you pick up some sea sickness pills from Guest Relations and be sure to take them before you experience symptoms.

It's also a good idea to get rain ponchos for your shore excursions. I think there's an Afternoon Tea excursion in Bermuda which should operate rain or shine.

We took the island bus tour, so we were out of the elements for most of the tour.

Unfortunately, rain is common in Bermuda.

Don't let the weather forecast get you down. Weather conditions in Bermuda & the Caribbean can and do change frequently this time of year. I'm sure you'll get your share of sun during the course of your cruise. As for the seas no one can accurately predict how they'll be, although knittinggirl gave some great advice just in case you encounter some rough water. Hope you have a great time on your first cruise.

It rained EVERY DAY of our first cruise and we still had a blast. Pick up a few of those teeny tiny umbrellas that fold up to the size of a soda can and some dollar store ponchos and have a great time. I would rather a rainy day at sea than a sunny day on land anytime!

If rough seas are bothering you, get on the deck closest to the waterline and then go as midship as possible for the least amount of movement.

Edited by JulieRose

The weather changes frequently and quick. We went last Novemer , they predicted rain everyday, but we had only 2 days of light rain.

Enjoy your cruise regardless of the weather.

Donna

Uh oh, where did this weather report come from? I'm leaving Friday for Bermuda from Baltimore. I didn't see any bad weather forecast? Hoping for tons of fun in the sun :D IMO, the weather forecasters are like 70%+ wrong, at least for the DC area this year lol. They can't be trusted ;)

North Atlantic is usually stirred up as a norm! Grab some bonine and umbrella and I bet you it won't rain! I would find a place at schooner and have a bunch of fun! Last time I was in Bermuda it was via Nordic Prince with Crows Nest, and that was a rocking and rolling crossing both ways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I looked up the weather conditions on a site used for marine forecasts and it was listing 4 to 10 ft waves, which seems pretty bad. Plus all the weather forecasts are calling for thunderstorms and wind in Bermuda :(

That's nothing for the Atlantic ocean. Ditch the disappointment for a cruise that has not happened and have a great time.

I looked up the weather conditions on a site used for marine forecasts and it was listing 4 to 10 ft waves, which seems pretty bad. Plus all the weather forecasts are calling for thunderstorms and wind in Bermuda :(

Here in Florida, those waves would be considered "lake atlantic" conditions. As for Bermuda, even when it rains, whether you get wet oftentimes depends on which side of the street you're on when the cloud goes overhead :)

4-10 foot waves are pretty common out of Port Liberty rain or shine. I would prepare for 4-10 waves anytime you sail from Port Liberty. Not much you can do because the one thing you can't control is the weather.

Dramamine if you think it may be a problem. Outside of that, alternate activities in the unusual case that the pools are closed.

A forecast 3 days away is often inaccurate and I definitely would not worry about one 5 days away.

Rmhlovesthesun - which ship are you traveling on? I guess I hadn't even given a thought to 2 RCI ships in Bermuda at the same time. Anyone know if this means the shore excursions are more likely to all be booked solid? Last time we were there, we were the only ship, so it didn't matter.

4 foot seas should be nothing, you likely won't feel that. 10 foot waves, you could feel some rocking on a smaller ship like Grandeur, that would be 20 foot swells right? But I'm guessing you are going to be on a larger ship than I am, so you may not feel 10 feet waves at all on a bigger ship. We didn't feel 12 foot waves on Freedom.

It was cloudy / rainy 5 out of 7 days on my first cruise...and we still had a FABULOUS time! Don't worry! My weather app showed 80% chance of rain all week, and although cloudy, we only got a day of rain. And the one night with big wind & choppy sea...it gives me something fun to talk about!

Years years ago we sailed they hurricane Bertha think it may have been the Majesty and it was slight bumpy late one night but we had a great time all was well. We also will be sailing with you on thurs and I have only to Bermuda 2 x and had rain both! Still had a great no worries

The big ships with their stabilizers make the sail quite smooth - two weeks ago we had 3-4 meter seas from Curaçao to SanJuan and we barely felt any movement. Have a great time and think of any rain as "liquid sunshine". Bermuda is beautiful so have a great time.