NCL to have HUGE announcement August 4th.

Planefixer

Haven to Havana can be my prize. :D

I think she has got it ! "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain" !

After all the political and diplomatic crap being settled - NCL to 'Cuba'

seems to be in the cards. Carnival already is planning for it with one

of their ultra small ships (at first) to test the waters with tippy toes !

The Cuba market is a sleeping lion just a nudge will awaken this prime

destination.

OH and the Pope is going to christen the inaugural sailing !

And now with "BREAKING LEAKING NEWS" will the mystery guest

sign in with the results !

Coincidence or strange timing but RCI has a press conference scheduled the same time as NCL partners first announcement. Hmmm a MERGER to compete with Carnival Corp???

That news is TOO big. There'd have been rumours.

There had been a thread here recently about the Star having a berth reserved in Hong Kong. So either this or what I could imagine as well just combining the already known changes and branding them as something like the evolution of freestyle and doing some marketing blah around it.

Since Norwegian is opening an office in Australia, my money is on an announcement of new Australia/New Zealand itineraries.

From a June 30th Miami Herald article:

"Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings is making a bigger push into Australia and the surrounding region.

The Miami-based cruise company said Tuesday that it will open a sales and marketing office in Sydney to represent its three brands: Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises.

The upscale Oceania and luxury Regent lines already have itineraries that include Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Norwegian hasn’t had a ship there since the winter season of 2001-2002.

Steve Odell, who has worked in the luxury cruise category in the region since 2000, will oversee the company’s growth in the area starting Oct. 1. He will

be senior vice president and managing director Australasia for the parent company.

In view of the growing international interest in cruising combined with our strong growth strategy, the new office in Australia is a natural next step in our global expansion of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings,” Harry Sommer, executive vice president of international business development for Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, said in a statement. “It reflects our confidence in the growing Australia and New Zealand markets and we believe that our three brands...are all a perfect fit for the Australian market, offering a wide variety of experiences and worldwide itineraries.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article25920916.html#storylink=cpy

No she has to float out before Sep 5 to be used as the backdrop for a festival there at the shipbuilders on Sep 5.

I'm pretty sure I heard Andy Stuart say she will be going up the river Sep 16 during the last Webinar.

My guess for the HUGE announcement is the Godmother for the Escape. (I don't think she/he's been announced yet). :)

Ahah, I knew I read somewhere 5th Sep/Escape/Music festival [emoji4] . I think Last year it had Quantum as the backdrop.

No she has to float out before Sep 5 to be used as the backdrop for a festival there at the shipbuilders on Sep 5.

I'm pretty sure I heard Andy Stuart say she will be going up the river Sep 16 during the last Webinar.

My guess for the HUGE announcement is the Godmother for the Escape. (I don't think she/he's been announced yet). :)

Are you suggesting Caitlyn? THAT would be HUGE news; lots of free publicity for NCL.

I was thinking more towards Donald Trump as Godfather.:rolleyes:

Ahah, I knew I read somewhere 5th Sep/Escape/Music festival [emoji4] . I think Last year it had Quantum as the backdrop.

The rumored Australia announcement could be chosen to coincide with the float out of Escape, which should be around the same time.

Meyer finishes their ships outside at the pier to make room for the next keel laying/megablocks inside the building hall.

From a reliable source:

“One of our largest complaints has been crowded elevators, particularly on our larger vessels. In order to help alleviate elevator congestion, we are initiating the new Elevator Pass (EP). The EP may be purchased in advance on-line for a flat weekly fee of $7.95 per guest. Of course, our stairways are always complimentary for the convenience of our passengers.”

“Also, to further enhance our guest’s experience we are announcing that our towel animal program will now have a-la-carte pricing. Guests will no longer have to worry about not receiving their favorite towel animals! Using our website, guests will be able to schedule what towel animal they would like to receive on which night of their voyage. Prices will range from $1.95 for the “mouse” to $9.95 for the “hanging monkey”.”

“Lastly, we will be testing on certain ships the BYOLV program. Guest will be advised via email notification to Bring Your Own Life Vest on select cruises and vessels. We are hoping to prevent the spread of intestinal illness aboard our vessels when guests choose to jokingly blow on the dirty ship-provided life vest whistles during the Life Boat Safety Drill. Don’t have your own life vest? That is not a problem. With advance notice, the ship can provide a life vest for you or your party for a nominal charge.”

Edited by Seanote

Are you suggesting Caitlyn? THAT would be HUGE news; lots of free publicity for NCL.

ROFL - If it's Trump :eek: - he and his "hair" is walking the plank with broken straps on his harness! ;)

I think the Don would a perfect Godfather. After all, why not bring the feud to the high seas between him and Rosie O'Donnell who is a godmother of another NCL cruise ship I believe. :eek::D Let the hair blow in the wind and the insults be thrown. A horn war between vessels? Forget that... it'd more like be missiles thrown!!

Caitlyn would be an interesting choice for Godmother. It would definitely be a progressive move on NCL's part but something tells me that FDR is going to go with someone more conservative. If Sheehan were still around I'd bet whatever famous Miami strip club had the hottest girls would be the next Godmothers (see Breakaway and Getaway Godmothers - Rockettes and Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders).

From a reliable source:

“One of our largest complaints has been crowded elevators, particularly on our larger vessels. In order to help alleviate elevator congestion, we are initiating the new Elevator Pass (EP). The EP may be purchased in advance on-line for a flat weekly fee of $7.95 per guest. Of course, our stairways are always complimentary for the convenience of our passengers.”

“Also, to further enhance our guest’s experience we are announcing that our towel animal program will now have a-la-carte pricing. Guests will no longer have to worry about not receiving their favorite towel animals! Using our website, guests will be able to schedule what towel animal they would like to receive on which night of their voyage. Prices will range from $1.95 for the “mouse” to $9.95 for the “hanging monkey”.”

“Lastly, we will be testing on certain ships the BYOLV program. Guest will be advised via email notification to Bring Your Own Life Vest on select cruises and vessels. We are hoping to prevent the spread of intestinal illness aboard our vessels when guests choose to jokingly blow on the dirty ship-provided life vest whistles during the Life Boat Safety Drill. Don’t have your own life vest? That is not a problem. With advance notice, the ship can provide a life vest for you or your party for a nominal charge.”

That was really funny.

Here is another one.

"For the convenience of our customers, a hot breakfast will only be served in the buffet from 7:00 am to 8:00 am. After 8:00 am you can enjoy a hot breakfast in your room*

*Convenience fee applies.

from a reliable source:

“one of our largest complaints has been crowded elevators, particularly on our larger vessels. In order to help alleviate elevator congestion, we are initiating the new elevator pass (ep). The ep may be purchased in advance on-line for a flat weekly fee of $7.95 per guest. Of course, our stairways are always complimentary for the convenience of our passengers.”

“also, to further enhance our guest’s experience we are announcing that our towel animal program will now have a-la-carte pricing. Guests will no longer have to worry about not receiving their favorite towel animals! Using our website, guests will be able to schedule what towel animal they would like to receive on which night of their voyage. Prices will range from $1.95 for the “mouse” to $9.95 for the “hanging monkey”.”

“lastly, we will be testing on certain ships the byolv program. Guest will be advised via email notification to bring your own life vest on select cruises and vessels. We are hoping to prevent the spread of intestinal illness aboard our vessels when guests choose to jokingly blow on the dirty ship-provided life vest whistles during the life boat safety drill. Don’t have your own life vest? That is not a problem. With advance notice, the ship can provide a life vest for you or your party for a nominal charge.”

+1.

hey have finally seen the light and are getting rid of the undrinkable pepsi products and will carry the real thing and each ship will have the 104 flavor machine available on the unlimited soda policy. Something useful to most.

Yes this!!!!

Home port for the NCL Bliss?

New Private Island?

Dunno. Hopefully it's something most of us think is good though, and not something that pisses off the masses.

My guess is that they're NOT going to name the new ship "Bliss"...but, rather, the "Discovery" ;).

Even if it doesn't happen on 8/4...I have heard, from a pretty good source, that it will happen ;).