NCL to have HUGE announcement August 4th.

Planefixer

Every passenger will, upon boarding, have 1 spin of the roulette wheel. The number you get will be your Daily Service Charge rate for the cruise. It's about as rigorous as their current pricing 'strategy':rolleyes:.

With all the attention being paid by competitors to SE Asia and Oceania I could foresee NCL basing a ship there year-round. The question is which ship? Could it be the Star as others have suggested or will NCL take a page out of the RCCL/Princess playbook and send their newest ship, Norwegian Bliss?

Before everyone gets all up in arms over this (although that ship may have already sailed), we should keep in mind that NCL isn't holding a press conference to make a public announcement...they promised their TRAVEL PARTNERS that THEY would be getting a big announcement on August 4th.

Just hate to see a bunch of folks all wound up only to be let down when they realize that they aren't the target audience for this....

From a reliable source:

“One of our largest complaints has been crowded elevators, particularly on our larger vessels. In order to help alleviate elevator congestion, we are initiating the new Elevator Pass (EP). The EP may be purchased in advance on-line for a flat weekly fee of $7.95 per guest. Of course, our stairways are always complimentary for the convenience of our passengers.”

“Also, to further enhance our guest’s experience we are announcing that our towel animal program will now have a-la-carte pricing. Guests will no longer have to worry about not receiving their favorite towel animals! Using our website, guests will be able to schedule what towel animal they would like to receive on which night of their voyage. Prices will range from $1.95 for the “mouse” to $9.95 for the “hanging monkey”.”

“Lastly, we will be testing on certain ships the BYOLV program. Guest will be advised via email notification to Bring Your Own Life Vest on select cruises and vessels. We are hoping to prevent the spread of intestinal illness aboard our vessels when guests choose to jokingly blow on the dirty ship-provided life vest whistles during the Life Boat Safety Drill. Don’t have your own life vest? That is not a problem. With advance notice, the ship can provide a life vest for you or your party for a nominal charge.”

I hope they do that one. This might drive things "underground" as our kids have the towel making DVD and can be pressed into action quickly making towel animals.

We wouldn't have as much overhead (other than greasing the stewards) so we could undercut their prices. "Cash Only."

Before everyone gets all up in arms over this (although that ship may have already sailed), we should keep in mind that NCL isn't holding a press conference to make a public announcement...they promised their TRAVEL PARTNERS that THEY would be getting a big announcement on August 4th.

Just hate to see a bunch of folks all wound up only to be let down when they realize that they aren't the target audience for this....

In that case, maybe its a better incentive / bonus plan for booking clients with NCL? Because if the announcement is only for the TRAVEL PARTNERS only, then that's the only thing I can think of that would pertain to that group...

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Stealing a page from Trump's playbook in today's headlines...

Maybe someone could get FDR's phone number and publish it so we can all give him a call and tell him how we're feeling? His personal cell phone number perhaps! :eek::rolleyes:;):D

Now back to the previous comments....

I thought this current promotion ends at the end of July. If that's the case then any new promotion would have already been announced by the time the conference call is held after August 1. :cool:

In that case, maybe its a better incentive / bonus plan for booking clients with NCL? Because if the announcement is only for the TRAVEL PARTNERS only, then that's the only thing I can think of that would pertain to that group...

I hope not. I would prefer if NCL would dump this stupid "partners first" and make it a "customers first"

You realize that FDR was born in Cuba and is hotly working to get this pushed through and ships porting there?

Even if the travel ban on Cuba were to be lifted I have a feeling that there will be a period where both US citizens and Cuban citizens will require a visa to visit the other country. I do not foresee Cuba admitted to the WHTI exemption for cruises initially. This wiould limit the ability of US citizens to visit there without a passport. The number of passengers cruising without passports is much higher on the 3-7 night Caribbean runs that would most benefit from access to Cuba.

You heard it here first folks... Families aboard NCL Breakaway, Epic and Escape will be featured in a new Reality Show about making their cruising dreams come true. Casting happening now for fall/winter 2015 sailings.

You heard it here first folks... Families aboard NCL Breakaway, Epic and Escape will be featured in a new Reality Show about making their cruising dreams come true. Casting happening now for fall/winter 2015 sailings.

Will they be given special treatment or will they be "surprised" when they can't get into Rock of Ages without a reservation, have their port times cut short without notice, or get told there's no availability for specialty dining when there's plenty of tables available later?

I hope not. I would prefer if NCL would dump this stupid "partners first" and make it a "customers first"

Misguided statement BTW... The Cruise Lines generate over 90% of annual sales from there travel partners. They treat us great, because WE are their clients. We get the message out there. We make the sales. We do all the hard work dealing with ill informed clientele like yourself to make a buck.

So unless you truly know what the "Partner's First" initiative is all about, it's foolish and childish to comment. it just shows off your ignorance on this topic.

On my last cruise i was told by the cruise Consultant that NCL will be announcing changes to the latitudes program within the year. I am guessing this is the case. He even hinted it was going to be similar to Oceania loyalty program which i looked up and hmmm was not impressed..

I guess we will see

I read it will be beach tags (like the Jersey shore) for GSC.

$21.95 before 10AM $19.95 after. Also reserved seats on tender for $3.95. this is a go. you heard it here last.

They determined it would be more profitable than the pool tags, since there aren't many spots near the pool anyway.

On my last cruise i was told by the cruise Consultant that NCL will be announcing changes to the latitudes program within the year. I am guessing this is the case. He even hinted it was going to be similar to Oceania loyalty program which i looked up and hmmm was not impressed..

I guess we will see

On the same note...perhaps NCL will introduce reciprocity of loyalty programs among their "travel partner's", Oceania and Regent Seven Seas....

Similar to RCI-Celebrity-Azamara....

Since Norwegian is opening an office in Australia, my money is on an announcement of new Australia/New Zealand itineraries.

From a June 30th Miami Herald article:

"Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings is making a bigger push into Australia and the surrounding region.

The Miami-based cruise company said Tuesday that it will open a sales and marketing office in Sydney to represent its three brands: Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises.

The upscale Oceania and luxury Regent lines already have itineraries that include Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Norwegian hasn’t had a ship there since the winter season of 2001-2002.

Steve Odell, who has worked in the luxury cruise category in the region since 2000, will oversee the company’s growth in the area starting Oct. 1. He will

be senior vice president and managing director Australasia for the parent company.

In view of the growing international interest in cruising combined with our strong growth strategy, the new office in Australia is a natural next step in our global expansion of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings,” Harry Sommer, executive vice president of international business development for Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, said in a statement. “It reflects our confidence in the growing Australia and New Zealand markets and we believe that our three brands...are all a perfect fit for the Australian market, offering a wide variety of experiences and worldwide itineraries.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article25920916.html#storylink=cpy

After reading thru all of the previous guesses, I believe this one is the most logical one, based on what they've hinted at....

Honestly - it's been over a year since I've sailed NCL, and I have not kept up with the "goings on".

From what I've been seeing here, there are many NCL fans who obviously feel that their go-to cruise line has lost its way to some extent.

Could some of you give me just a short summary why there's such a showing of NCL "love" on here?

Thanks,

Tom

Honestly - it's been over a year since I've sailed NCL, and I have not kept up with the "goings on".

From what I've been seeing here, there are many NCL fans who obviously feel that their go-to cruise line has lost its way to some extent.

Could some of you give me just a short summary why there's such a showing of NCL "love" on here?

People are upset by changes initiated after the new management team took over. The changes are primarily related to pricing ... two increases in DSC in the last four months, gratuity added to specialty restaurant cover charges, drink prices raised, gratuity on drinks increased by 3 percentage points to 18%, planned a la carte pricing for the most popular specialty restaurants, one specialty restaurant going complementary, better deals on booking while on the ship (and the ability to book while on the ship), elimination of the dinner show complementary on the first day of sailing when you buy a dining package, a $7.95 room service fee except for continental breakfast items between 6 and 10 AM, and a policy prohibiting passengers from bringing food back into their cabin (which was rescinded after a few weeks).

I think that's it. Its hard to keep track.

Edit: I forgot, kids used to eat in specialty restaurants at half price. Now they pay full price unless they order from the children's menu.

Edited by fshagan