NCL to have HUGE announcement August 4th.

Planefixer

My guess we would be they're talking about a few families/groups, not hundreds. I can't see where this would in any way interfere with ongoing activities on the ship anymore than the video taping that is done on a daily basis around the ship.

I really have to disagree. Years ago they shot a 10 minute music video on my street...it took 3 days..5 trucks of equipment. at least 35 workers ..street closure..night filming..with industrial lights on for hours ..and lots of noise day and evening. Last month..my daughter experienced the same thing..over the course of weeks while a production company was shooting a few scenes for film in her neighborhood. (Neighbors were even asked to not make noise during filming...ie no lawn mowing, parties, dog barking,,etc....very inconvenient....!)

It is unbelievable how many people and how much equipment is used. (this is not one person with a video camera) ..and all that takes time not just to shoot, but set up and take down. I am sure areas of a ship would be closed for extended periods of time...

Darn... you're right... it WAS the Breeze (been on too many cruises I suppose) !

LOL - I wish I had your problem!

Tom

Why do you think that you would not be affected? The notice says they are looking for "guests who have booked their own cruise vacation with Norwegian, traveling through spring 2016 aboard Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway, and Norwegian Escape."

I am keeping fingers crossed that my February cruise won't be impacted. That would really stink.

I kind of skipped over the body of the notice, as the headliner said "Calling All Cruising Dreamers!!! (Summer/Fall 2015)" Reading on, I am really hoping they don't do this on the NYE cruise!! It was amazing to me how the production crew would walk up to (for example) the ropes course on CCL Breeze and just shut the place down for Guy's family. Didn't give a blast about the people who were waiting for an hour to get a turn! It was quite disruptive. And if they have a few families on each sailing, each with their own production crew, I don't care how large a ship is - the "regular" guests will be impacted sooner or later.

Now that I've seen this link, I think the other person that mentioned this was correct with their guess.

http://www.natnine.com/#!casting/c1b33

As a video professional I can say this could be done with a large impactful to your cruise crew or with 2 or 3 guys that you probably wouldn't notice. I was on the first Breakaway sailing that did the FLA & Bahamas run and there was a small crew that I only new were professionals because of their gear and what they were doing.

I've worked mostly as a one man crew so I can say this with experience. Hopefully that is the case and it isn't a large production crew, because that certainly would go noticed.

As a video professional I can say this could be done with a large impactful to your cruise crew or with 2 or 3 guys that you probably wouldn't notice. I was on the first Breakaway sailing that did the FLA & Bahamas run and there was a small crew that I only new were professionals because of their gear and what they were doing.

I've worked mostly as a one man crew so I can say this with experience. Hopefully that is the case and it isn't a large production crew, because that certainly would go noticed.

Based on the description participants are paying for their own cruises. That led me to believe this is a very small production, so I was thinking the same thing you are.

Glad we are not sailing until June 2016. I would hate to have my vacation disrupted so they can make more money filming a TV show.

Something tells me they will have plenty of volunteers who have no idea how much of their vacation will be taken up getting the right shot. Because you can only shoot someone laying on a lounger and reading for so long that does not make for great TV.

I was on the Epic when Undercover Boss was filmed. Other than seeing the cameras occasionally and some disclosure signs at filming locations it really wasn't an issue.

I was on the Breakaway trans-Atlantic crossing and we had a film crew on the ship, which is how the film which runs continuously on one of the TV channels got there. The film crew was about two to three people who were running around the ship with a professional grade camera, sometimes some additional lighting structures but were largely out of the way. They did film public events and you were told before those events were done. The focus was entirely on the ship's crew and getting the ship ready for customers. Issue which arose during our shake down crew were documented in the video. Most of those issues were minor in nature and whether or not a oven was wired right, etc. Throughout the voyage we would see the crew around different places but never overly in the way considering we had no where else to go. :cool:

If NCL's big announcement is the filming of a TV show then good for them because if it was another increase, I'd wonder if FDR had been poisoned by Trump! :eek::rolleyes::p

FDR is jealous of Donald Trump and is going to run for president. Or since Oceania and Regent are both doing a world cruise NCL is doing one too however nothing is included, not even food.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

I would never cruise if I knew a filming was going on. We were on the Breeze when Guy Fieri was filming his special. They would shut down the entire venue his family was at to film - the ropes course, restaurant, mini-golf, etc. Luckily, he got off at the first port (3 days in) but it was definitely a disruption. They wouldn't even let me go down the hallway to my cabin upon boarding, as his cabin was also nearby, and his crew was filming by the elevator when we got off! I pushed by them, saying I had no desire to be his groupie, and just wanted to put my carry-on away! Luckily, we are not sailing the GA till NYE, so won't be affected if they are filming.

Television series participants will be provided with their dream activities, however guests will not be provided with complimentary cruises or upgraded staterooms on their trip. Applicants traveling on Holiday sailings; that include, but are not limited to Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve, are not eligible to participate in the program.

Looks like you're in luck! :)

Maybe NCL Latitudes levels will transfer to Oceania or Regent Seven Seas. We love the way our Diamond status on RCCL gives us Elite status on Celebrity and our Celebrity status gives us Discoverer status on Azamara Club Cruises.

FDR is jealous of Donald Trump and is going to run for president. Or since Oceania and Regent are both doing a world cruise NCL is doing one too however nothing is included, not even food.

I doubt FDR or anyone else is jealous of The Donald, but an NCL World Cruise would not surprise me.

No vacation, no room upgrade. You get to sing and dance in a show or work on the bridge. It is not worth signing your vacation and time table over to a production company.

These reality show jerks are convinced that enough people want to be on TV so badly that do not even have to provide any perks or compensation. They are probably right. Everyone thinks they can be the next Kardashian.

Interesting, ptuder! Does that mean that Kevin Sheehan really wasn't "undercover"? What did the signs say?

I wouldn't have known Kevin Sheehan if I was sitting next to him in the bar but considering the known filming I can't imagine he was too far undercover.

Early in the cruise Simon the cruise director told my husband and I about a film crew on board but not the name of the show. The signs were posted outside venues where they were filming such as the White Hot party. They stated that by entering you understood that a film crew was filming and if you were filmed or included in any way they had your permission.

I never saw anything that would have interfered with using any venues.

Yup, that's got my vote.

I fulfill all qualifications but the dynamic personality part. :rolleyes:

I wonder if that is why the Haven has been booked (for 3 months already) for the 12/12/15 sailing. []{}#%^*+=¥£€><~# !

Ah ha, the Haven on my Getaway sailing for March 2016 was fully booked at least 11+ months out as well.

The big news on Aug 4th is that in a cost cutting measure all latitudes points will be set back to zero. That's right, everyone's points will go back to zero. This will save the company big $$ on free laundry, free dinners, wine, chocolate, etc, etc.

On August 6th they will announce a new rewards program called "Gratitude". The company in appreciation for all the extra money you will be spending with them each passenger will get to fist bump the Captain upon embarkation.

Misguided statement BTW... The Cruise Lines generate over 90% of annual sales from there travel partners. They treat us great, because WE are their clients. We get the message out there. We make the sales. We do all the hard work dealing with ill informed clientele like yourself to make a buck.

So unless you truly know what the "Partner's First" initiative is all about, it's foolish and childish to comment. it just shows off your ignorance on this topic.

Thx for saying that! Another thing ... as a TA it's very easy to see which cruise lines really care about their passengers.

-dianne

now that would be a fun one to watch.