Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

Yes it does....but I wonder what the Harmony deck plan looks like to compare the differences.

The misters that they had in Harmony's solarium were disgusting. If I was a 4 year old, maybe I would have felt different. Then on the pool deck they dedicated one of the pools as 'adult only' -- which only made each pool more crowded.

Putting a pool back in the solarium would be much better. Hopefully this pool deck layout on Symphony is accurate.

Disgusting is an interesting choice of words.

Which pool was adults only? And did they enforce it ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Interesting to see Deck 8, cabins 8642 and 8644. They show as connecting JS's, which also showed on Harmony's deck plans. However, when we sailed Harmony in December, we found that there was no connecting door.

We reported the problem, and followed up with corporate to get the Harmony deck plans corrected.

So now I wonder...will Symphony have a connecting door per the deck plans, or are the deck plans wrong again? Another way to phrase it might be were the deck plans wrong, or was the ship built incorrectly?

I meant to say... Note changes to the cabins at the end aft end. Two extra balcony cabins on each side and change to AquaTheater suites (compared to Harmony of the Seas).

Thanks for posting these.

It looks like Decks 7-14 have all been extended at the aft end to squeeze in two more staterooms as compared to Harmony.

Read elsewhere that Royal Caribbean could be posting deck plans that are more accurate than these ones found in this (and since removed from) the rccllibrary.com site.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Looks like a pool in the solarium. [emoji16]

As somebody else mentioned, that looks like the large whirlpool on the added lower level of the solarium of Harmony. We soaked in it a few times on Harmony and it was big enough for at least a dozen people to sit in.

So I was just looking at the cabin recategorization chart and noticed that it included Symphony. It also says that the new categorization will start with her 4/1/18 sailing, so it would seem that will be her first sailing. Of course, that could always change.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/CAS/17055682_CAS_Recategorization_Grid.pdf

So I was just looking at the cabin recategorization chart and noticed that it included Symphony. It also says that the new categorization will start with her 4/1/18 sailing, so it would seem that will be her first sailing. Of course, that could always change.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/CAS/17055682_CAS_Recategorization_Grid.pdf

Thanks for the link.

The grid that I had did not include Symphony (!).

This was posted in a Symphony FB group.

Hmmmm.

358d0e8cf0b3f053d26585f6250e40a6.jpg

Ha ha. That photo is ironically from Disney's Blizzard Beach waterpark. Regardless of the truth behind the story, the photo most certainly did not get picked and used by Royal.

Ha ha. That photo is ironically from Disney's Blizzard Beach waterpark. Regardless of the truth behind the story, the photo most certainly did not get picked and used by Royal.

The post is by someone who is working at the shipyard. I am surprised that he posted it.

Someone messaged me that they thought it was a joke on behalf of this person.

Who knows.

The slide may end up being horizontal, running along deck 16 so it won't block the aft view from Boardwalk. 😜

Pretty funny.... just called RC to ask when Symphony would be open for booking. Jamie told me they did not have a ship by that name, perhaps I should call Celebrity. I enlightened her, and upon further checking she did find that a new ship would begin booking by end of next week, but she did not yet know the name. Always the last to know.

Or more shake down time to actually finish some of the things people said weren't done on Harmony in the first couple cruises.

I just noticed this but in the 2015 Annual Report it now lists Oasis 4 (Symphony) as having a delivery date of Q1 2018. The previous reports have listed her as having a delivery date of Q2 2018.

Looks like construction is ahead of schedule. This could make for a few cooler cruises for her initial itineraries.

Hopefully! Although we still had a great time, the first sailing (22nd May) had a lot of issues.

....she did find that a new ship would begin booking by end of next week, but she did not yet know the name.

...I find it strange they would be selling rooms on a ship they haven't officially announced. Did they do the same with Harmony? My friend and I booked a sailing on Harmony soon after it was announced.... but have been keeping an eye on Symphony for a possible transatlantic, we've never done one.

It seems we live in a world of fake news... :eek: :D

I only believe Lloyd's posts...especially the ones showing the minions working on the ship...totally believable.

...I find it strange they would be selling rooms on a ship they haven't officially announced. Did they do the same with Harmony? My friend and I booked a sailing on Harmony soon after it was announced.... but have been keeping an eye on Symphony for a possible transatlantic, we've never done one.

We are also thinking about the transatlantic on Symphony (our first as well). I would think the ship would be officially named prior to any booking, and it's pretty clear from all the photo's being posted in this thread that the ship will be named "Symphony".

Is the ship being listed on the official RCI itinerary good enough?

I could not find anything about Symphony on the RCL website. I did find some copy-paste Harmony information on a travel agents site when I searched the web this morning.

Do you have a link to the official itinerary Biker19? If so, please post it so us curious types can read up :D

As per Palma port website the ship will dock in Palma on May 7th. And from this date will dock every Monday in Palma.

So we can assume that the first sailing from Barcelona will be on May 6th and from this date on every Sunday ,all the summer.