Family of 4 in an Interior Stateroom

We are doing an interior next summer on the Freedom. My kids aren't as old as yours but I'm not sweating it. We had a balcony last summer and I will miss it but the bogo I got was so good I couldn't pass it up. We still only had one bathroom and we were fine. Our ship is port heavy and we are never in our room.

We do lots of excursions, drink packages, etc. I can't afford everything :cool: and need to cruise.

Did you look into the cost of two staterooms? The BOGO doesn't usually apply to the 3rd and 4th passenger so sometimes the difference between 1 and two rooms is negligible.

Is the BOGO 50% or 100%?

We were on the 2014 Grandeur Thanksgiving sailing. For absolute economy, our family of four [daughter 11, 5'2'' and son 12, 5'9''] opted for an interior stateroom with two uppers. Tight quarters for sure, but we managed better than I had expected. To alleviate the stateroom shower assembly line congestion, I found that I could relive my college dorm days by bringing a change of clothes and my Dopp bag to the Vitality spa on deck 9 and use their more than spacious shower facilities to clean up. It was really convenient. I hope this option is available on other RCCL ships, as I would take advantage of it again on future voyages. With respect to previous posters, I've never found it financially advantageous to opt for two staterooms.

We have had 3 and 4 in an inside room several times.

It's tight, but it depends how you look at it whether it's terrible or not!

We have tented, had a pop up camper and now a travel trailer. So I guess we can handle small spaces for awhile. Just go outside and enjoy the fresh air!

We are currently looking forward to a Med cruise of the Greek Isles and we will once again have 4 in our inside cabin! Our son is 26 and 5'11 and daughter 28 -5'6'' and both will be on the Pullmans.

We have done it before and its doable.

Have you considered 2 interiors? Our kids are getting older now and I got 2 connecting interiors for only $100 more total for all of us because of the second guest half off sale. Well worth the extra $$ and kids have their own room and we have our own space.

Have done it a few times, and it's fine. It's actually better than many balconies as they don't usually have 2 pullmans so more space is taken with the sofa bed, or other arrangements. The pullmans keep things tidy.

Also, at 180cm tall, can fit fine on the pullmans.

We have done an inside quite a few times with daughter and boyfriend over holiday breaks, and DH and I have done it our selves. We did a 14 day that was so cheap, it spoiled us. We did a balcony with 4 as well. Organization and using shower in spa area, and bathrooms in other areas of ship before going back to room also helped. Make sure to take a renuzit air freshner for the bathroom, also keep the sink drain closed and toilet lid closed as well. This years cruise we opted for 2 insides, adjoining got a great deal. For us price, ports and time to cruise is more important the status. We are diamond plus and daughter is diamond on her own soon to be diamond plus before 30. Enjoy your cruise.

With four people in an inside cabin your vacation will feel more like a camping trip instead of a cruise.

Have you done it?

We have, with 5 (1 was technically booked in another cabin).

Had a great time. Don't let everyone scare you.

Doing 4 this time. 2 cabins would have been an extra $890. Worth it for us.

We've booked for four adults. 2 adults, 2 seniors. We were considering 4 in a room, but because of BOGO, it didn't make much sense.

So, we got one OceanView, and one interior across the hall. The price difference wasn't much because if we had one room, it would be the OceanView.

In the end, it ended up being $40 pp to get two rooms if one was an interior.

Good point.

If booking OV or balcony, adding an inside would seem like a better option than 4 in the single cabin.

If the 1st cabin is already an inside then the extra cabin is more of a hit.

Did you look into the cost of two staterooms? The BOGO doesn't usually apply to the 3rd and 4th passenger so sometimes the difference between 1 and two rooms is negligible.

Is the BOGO 50% or 100%?

Yes, the kids were each half as well. It was a great deal.

My family loves adventure and 4 in an inside stateroom is just another one. :D

No way I'd do an inside with 2 people, let alone 4. If it's all you can afford go for it, but maybe at least price the other options.

Love the people who have responded it's just great to do 4 large people in an inside cabin - misery loves company!:D

We've done it with 3 people several times, one of which was our 6'4" son. He did not have any complaints about the Pullman bed, and believe me, if he had been miserable for 7 nights, we would have heard about it! I don't remember feeling crowded or miserable, or in danger of being elbowed!:D Granted, we do not usually spend much time in the room even when we have a balcony, but it wasn't bad and I would do it with 4 people if I needed to.

Sherri:)

We've done it with 3 people several times, one of which was our 6'4" son. He did not have any complaints about the Pullman bed, and believe me, if he had been miserable for 7 nights, we would have heard about it! I don't remember feeling crowded or miserable, or in danger of being elbowed!:D Granted, we do not usually spend much time in the room even when we have a balcony, but it wasn't bad and I would do it with 4 people if I needed to.

We wanted 2 cabins, but it wasn't an option since the only cabins left at the time we booked were 3 Jr. Suites going for over $6500 total. We only paid $1980 total with the BOGO. We asked ourselves if the extra space of being in a Jr. Suite together vs. an interior room was worth $4500 more, not worth it to us. We have cruised 9 times and always had 2 rooms so this will be the first time in one room together. I think we will be okay from hearing other people who have actually had 3-4 people in a cabin. Not the most comfortable, but doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that as long as you go into it knowing the space limitations you should be fine. Everyone needs to be aware and courteous of each other and keep very organized. Enjoy your trip!!

I agree. Those that are saying, get a balcony or get two rooms mean well, but have a different definition of "mere dollars" than I (and many others, I imagine) do (DH and I once did an interior that made the cruise affordable for us.)

Just realize it will be cramped and have a plan. Showering and dressing will present the biggest issue since it sounds like you will be in the cabin mostly to sleep. I second the earlier poster who suggested showering in the spa area - this especially makes sense for those who run or work out in the morning anyway. Be sure anyone doing this takes some sort of gym bag or tote for carrying a change of clothes and toiletries (The foldable shopping totes are great and take up almost no room or weight).

Have a great time on your cruise - I know we always have, whatever our stateroom accommodations.

I'd put that savings toward a couple more cruises:) A room is just a place to sleep and shower for us.

We are not miserable on vacation in an inside room! our family likes to get out and do stuff while travelling so no sitting in the room for us!

We did the same and will have 4 to a room (interior promenade room). We'll have 2 adults and 2 kids (10.5 and 6.5 years). We selected a room with a pull out sofa and a pullman bed. I can see the biggest issue is having one washroom, but that is no different than when we travel anywhere and stay in a hotel. We only plan on being in our room for sleeping, changing and showering. And for us, the price was more to get 2 joining rooms that we'd rather put the money elsewhere on the cruise. i'm sure you'll be fine and just go in knowing that you won't have tons of space, but you can make it work.

We wanted 2 cabins, but it wasn't an option since the only cabins left at the time we booked were 3 Jr. Suites going for over $6500 total. We only paid $1980 total with the BOGO. We asked ourselves if the extra space of being in a Jr. Suite together vs. an interior room was worth $4500 more, not worth it to us. We have cruised 9 times and always had 2 rooms so this will be the first time in one room together. I think we will be okay from hearing other people who have actually had 3-4 people in a cabin. Not the most comfortable, but doable.

Well with a savings like that it's certainly makes a difference and I'm sure you will work it out. Just going the other way, we are having our first cruise as a family and wanted to book two rooms, a nice balcony for hubby and I and an interior for young adult daughters. Sadly/funnily RCI were doing a deal, pay for an interior and get an upgrade to balcony room. Worked out a savings for us BUT now the girls are going to be in the room next door and not the other end of the ship.

Sounds like you'll be fine. You have realistic expectations. Our 6' son sleeps weird. We had to get rid of his twin 2 years ago and gave him our Queen (we upgraded to King..yay). So, I know if wouldn't work for our family. Plus, DH needs his space. I had booked us a family room , but the connecting balconies was actually cheaper and we get two baths. Sounds like you got what you would be happy with. $4500 is not mere dollars. Enjoy!!

That is a huge difference in price :eek:, sounds like a good decision on your part. It is doable and it's a CRUISE, so how can it be bad?:D

Our upcoming cruise will be the first time that our family of 4 will share a stateroom. The teenagers will sleep on the beds that pull down from the ceiling. My teenage son is 6'0. Are we going to be miserable all piled up in the room?

Hi kford. This morning I'm seeing a FI interior avail for your cruise on deck 2 (324sf)

You should price that out asap compared to any other interior K/L/PR (only 150-160sf)

I'm going on my first ever cruise next year on Harmony if the Seas. I'm a single mum with 3 children twins who will be 13 at the time and a 12 year old. We too have booked a large inside cabin - will we have enough room?