Rewards for participating in activities on the Serenade

mhedge

Don't forget about the highlighters!

Anyways, the games are for fun only. Those who go into them and cheat to win are a sick bunch. OTOH there are those who might actually know all the disco music (like me).

Edited by reedl

How does the reward system for participating in trivia and sports competitions onboard work? Do you get points to redeem for prizes for just participating or only for winning?

On our very first cruise back in 2004 on Navigator they gave out participation coupons (I think they were called) and on the last night of the cruise you could redeem them for chinsey RCCL merchandise at the gift shop. The more you accumulated the 'better' the gift you could redeem them for. They stopped that and now the winner or top several winners only get the pens, caps, key chain, highlighter. It reminded me of being on the boardwalk and the arcades.

The old way was much more fun. Either way we still play.

Some of the games were a lot of fun like the 'horse race'.

Some of the games were a lot of fun like the 'horse race'.

We bought a horse for deck racing on a Baltic cruise about 10 years ago. My kids decorated it for the races with material from the kids club.

The horse turned out to win most of the races and we ended up making $200 in cash.

Lot's of fun and, in that instance, profitable too!

That was the last time I saw the horses on a cruise ship.

Edited by SelectSys

We got Whistles on our Serenade cruise a few weeks ago as trivia prizes. That was a new one for me :)

I gave them away to some kids we saw onboard. I just enjoy trivia, but the prizes certainly aren't the motivation.

I have only seen the whistles on the Serenade.

And the VERY LAST THING that I would EVER do is give a whistle to a child on board my cruise ship! :eek: :eek: :p :p :D

On our very first cruise back in 2004 on Navigator they gave out participation coupons (I think they were called) and on the last night of the cruise you could redeem them for chinsey RCCL merchandise at the gift shop. The more you accumulated the 'better' the gift you could redeem them for.

I think you're talking about the yellow Ship Shape Dollars, I still have one!

I've never seen whistles. We have most everything else, but we don't have RCI whistles. :D

And I was actually thinking about buying whistles for my co-workers this year for our gift exchange. I have been stocking their earthquake emergency kits for the last few years.

I didn't realize that whistles were suddenly popular. But they are cheap. :D

At a Meet and Greet on a cruise about 6 or 7 years ago, they had a drawing for a big wrapped box. We ended up winning and took it back to our cabin to open it. Inside was every RCI trinket you could think of including, but not limited to, key chains, pens, lanyards, fanny packs, RCI "thingees" that we use as ornaments on our Christmas tree, magnets, and a visor.

Everyone who visits us knows what cruise line we're loyal to.

At a Meet and Greet on a cruise about 6 or 7 years ago, they had a drawing for a big wrapped box. We ended up winning and took it back to our cabin to open it. Inside was every RCI trinket you could think of including, but not limited to, key chains, pens, lanyards, fanny packs, RCI "thingees" that we use as ornaments on our Christmas tree, magnets, and a visor.

Everyone who visits us knows what cruise line we're loyal to.

How cute.....winning the mystery box, its own version of "Let's Make a Deal'

Worst of all - the back to back cruisers who go to trivia the second week.

Once the guy doing trivia called them out and told them they weren't eligible!

Back in the day when B2B was not as common we were on the second leg of our first B2B. Trivia was out by the pool and the CD pointed us out and said we couldn't play. That evening at the captains reception line the CD pulled me over and said he apologized for pointing us out and had a surprise lined up. we ended up with an invite to the captains table. This was on the Royal Majesty in 95

Edited by John&LaLa

I did not do any repeat trivia on my B2B. But then they should have more trivia options and rotate them.

I have never done a B2B, but on our 8 day Indy cruise this past February the guy from the entertainment staff who often did trivia, had lots of different trivia games to choose from, and made sure not to repeat any. I don't believe there is a shortage of them, I do believe that some of the hosts to trivia just try to mix it up more than other hosts.

I have never done a B2B, but on our 8 day Indy cruise this past February the guy from the entertainment staff who often did trivia, had lots of different trivia games to choose from, and made sure not to repeat any. I don't believe there is a shortage of them, I do believe that some of the hosts to trivia just try to mix it up more than other hosts.

Whenever they do the logo game it never changes. You can always spot those that have played before when they get Castle Dental correct. ;)

We have had movie trivia, TV trivia, history trivia, nursery rhyme trivia, food trivia just to name a few....

Never did the logo game? 50 Corp logos on a sheet of paper. You write down company name.

Our favorite is progressive. We won on Oasis and took our teammates to Coastal Kitchen to celebrate

Never did the logo game? 50 Corp logos on a sheet of paper. You write down company name.

Our favorite is progressive. We won on Oasis and took our teammates to Coastal Kitchen to celebrate

I believe when it comes to trivia games, it takes a very creative and knowledgable person as a host. We have had some terrific ones, who were both very 'worldly' and funny. The gent from the entertainment staff was Kevin, on our Indy cruise...he was terrific.

Edited by Paulette3028