Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

That is great that Amsterdam has reported for 2017. It makes so much sense to sail from a port with such good world-wide air connections. The feeder routes for these sailings are incredible both by Air and Rail.

Currently Vision calls at

Venice 19 April 2017

Malta 22 April 2017

Palma de Mallorca 24 April 2017

Cartagena, Spain 26 April 2017

Maybe a Malaga B2B from Venice to Malaga to Amsterdam?

Gibraltar 2 May 2017

Amsterdam 9 May 2017

The Vision sailing in April of 2017 is taking form through port bookings.

Venice 19 April 2017

Malta 22 April 2017

Valencia, Spain 27 April 2017

Ibiza, Spain 28 April 2017

Barcelona 29 April 2017

Vision then sails from Barcelona to Amsterdam on the 29th of April to 9 May 2017.

Vision will then sail from Amsterdam to Barcelona in September of 2017 on a 12 night cruise.

Amsterdam 2 Sept 2017 departure

TBA

Gibraltar 11 Sept

Cartagena 12 Sept

Ibiza 13 Sept

Barcelona 14 Sept. 2017 arrival

Venice 19 April 2017

Malta 22 April 2017

Barcelona 29 April 2017

Vision then sails from Barcelona to Amsterdam on the 29th of April to 9 May 2017.

Vision will then sail from Amsterdam to Barcelona in September of 2017 on a 12 night cruise.

TBA

Gibraltar 11 Sept

Cartagena 12 Sept

Ibiza 13 Sept

Do you have several links to the port websites please? :)

Thank you for researching though. Indeed, mosr cruise schedules do not indicate any 2017 bookings, so sadly it's hard to predict the deployment.

On top of that, the port schedules are not 100% reliable, so although Serenade is still listed at Le Havre, Bergen, etc., it still might be that RCCL is planning to switch her. But that's just MY speculation, in fact, there's absolutely no indication for that.

According to the actual status, it seems the classic 7 night Venice route seems to be abandoned, since there's no indicator for that itinerary.

Both Jewel and Rhapsody seem to sail out of Civitavecchia, Brilliance from Barcelona.

Without better information out of Dubrovnik or Rome it is really difficult to speculate on exact itineraries.

These moves seem to come every year after they have deployed the Celebrity sailings. At least the changes are not coming the week prior to deployment, like was the case last season.

They are still to come. We cannot have a deployment without Royal mind games. Wait until we start guessing against current cruises on sale.

Venice 19 April 2017

Malta 22 April 2017

Barcelona 29 April 2017

This is a GREAT itinerary. And one I would consider booking!

Hello, Do you have any idea when the schedules for Alaska 2017 for RCI will be published?

thx and Happy New Year!!

Most likely between Feb and April 2016, and the last two seasons, Alaska has always been a "victim" of RCCL's mind games and shiftings, since the deployment was always changed anytime.

Although Explorer's TP in April 2017 from sydney to Seattle is open for booking, I wouldn't exclude that this cruise mighte be cancelled, and another ship (e. G. Ovation) might fit in for Explorer in Alaska.

I have the impression that in 2017, three ships might be based in Mediterranean, instead of four in 2016.

I have the impression that in 2017, three ships might be based in Mediterranean, instead of four in 2016.

Edit: Maybe Rhapsody could be based at Malaga or Cartagena for several Western Med cruises - from 2010 to 2012, there were several Spain-based cruises departing from Málaga and Palma - maybe Rhapsody will bring back the Málaga sailings.

Most likely between Feb and April 2016, and the last two seasons, Alaska has always been a "victim" of RCCL's mind games and shiftings, since the deployment was always changed anytime.

Although Explorer's TP in April 2017 from sydney to Seattle is open for booking, I wouldn't exclude that this cruise mighte be cancelled, and another ship (e. G. Ovation) might fit in for Explorer in Alaska.

Normally - releasing Alaska itineraries between February and April would be right on schedule. But for 2017 - most of the other major players have their Alaska itineraries already available to book.

Normally - releasing Alaska itineraries between February and April would be right on schedule. But for 2017 - most of the other major players have their Alaska itineraries already available to book.

That's right - but regardless that fact how many other cruise lines already have released their new schedules, RCCL regularly was undismayed by that fact, and always released by its own pattern, so in the case of Alaska between Feb and April 2016. :)

Maybe they release their new itineraries earlier for the following season.

Actually its not hard to predict, that there'll be two ships in Alaska - Radiance between Vancouver and Seward, ane one from/to Seattle, most likely Explorer. :D

TBA

Gibraltar 11 Sept

Cartagena 12 Sept

Ibiza 13 Sept

Just a minor reminder:

Although Vision otS is listed for Amsterdam the 2nd of September 2017, the cruise list of Amsterdam states it`s a regular cruise call, no turnover. So the embarkation port for that cruise seems to be another one, such as Copenhagen, Hamburg, or even Stockholm.

Some years ago, Vision otS has done a long repo cruise from Stockholm to Mediterranean.

Apparently Vision is not supposed to sail from/to Amsterdam after 2nd July, so maybe she swtiches to another homeport, e. g. Hamburg, Copenhagen, or Stockholm.

Edited by celebrity_fan

Just a minor reminder:

Although Vision otS is listed for Amsterdam the 2nd of September 2017, the cruise list of Amsterdam states it`s a regular cruise call, no turnover. So the embarkation port for that cruise seems to be another one, such as Copenhagen, Hamburg, or even Stockholm.

Some years ago, Vision otS has done a long repo cruise from Stockholm to Mediterranean.

Apparently Vision is not supposed to sail from/to Amsterdam after 2nd July, so maybe she swtiches to another homeport, e. g. Hamburg, Copenhagen, or Stockholm.

It will be great to most likely see Vision back in the Baltic for a short season in 2017. I can not find any Baltic port reporting yet. The 28 destinations that are members in Cruise Baltic have really been doing a great marketing job the past couple of seasons.

https://www.cruisebaltic.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @all,

Dubrovnik is already reporting its cruise call list for 2017:

http://www.portdubrovnik.hr/girica1.php

BUT - be advised it is VERY contradictive and unreliable, since it reports ships there which are also reported at other regions, such as Northern Europe. Vision of the Seas, for example, is listed at Dubrovnik and Amsterdam throughout the summer season in 2017, so that does definitely NOT fit together!!

Although it's an NCL ship, but NCL Jade is listed at Dubrovnik throughout the summer season in 2017, and she's also called at several Northern European ports.

So be very careful with this one - maybe the Rhapsody calls are true to a certain degree. But I have the feel the list is mixed with updated and non-updated cruise calls.

So no real help here... :o

Edited by celebrity_fan

I know that that the port schedule says otherwise, but I just saw on rci Facebook page "Vancouver always makes room for Jewel of the Seas." It Makes me think that it's a clue for the upcoming deployment schedule, or perhaps just a mind game.

So to me it indicates 3 possibilities

1. Jewel is replacing radiance for the summer of 2017

2. Jewel is doing a Panama Canal cruise for winter 2017 ending in Vancouver

3. There will be 3 ships in Alaska summer 2017.

Maybe I am over thinking it. Thoughts?

I know that that the port schedule says otherwise, but I just saw on rci Facebook page "Vancouver always makes room for Jewel of the Seas." It Makes me think that it's a clue for the upcoming deployment schedule, or perhaps just a mind game.

It could be possible, but that picture is from her Alaska season this past summer. (Although she was based in Seattle, she called in Vancouver at the beginning and end of the season). I can't imagine them adding a 3rd ship in Alaska, so I'm going to stick with it just being a sort of coincidence. We'll see.

I'm not entirely familiar with Royal's history with Northern European itineraries, but I'm looking at doing a cruise that stops in Ireland/Scotland. Any indication that the ship that leaves from Amsterdam will make this itinerary? If not, I may have to look into Celebrity, MSC or Princess.

Sorry, but IMHO the picture is a littlebit overrated. :o

It's just a great capture from season 2015, provided with a nice headline - so IMHO it gives no digestion about the 2017's deployment.

Jewel otS is listed at several Mediterranean ports throughout summer 2017, so I'd expect to have her in Europe.

I'm not entirely familiar with Royal's history with Northern European itineraries, but I'm looking at doing a cruise that stops in Ireland/Scotland. Any indication that the ship that leaves from Amsterdam will make this itinerary? If not, I may have to look into Celebrity, MSC or Princess.

The last time RCI offered a British Isle cruise was on Vision from Copenhagen about three years ago. As there are no indication for an RCI ship in Amsterdam that might go around Britain I would go with Silhouette. She offers better itenaries.

The last time RCI offered a British Isle cruise was on Vision from Copenhagen about three years ago. As there are no indication for an RCI ship in Amsterdam that might go around Britain I would go with Silhouette. She offers better itenaries.

That's not true. ;)

For 2017, Vision is listed in Amsterdam between May and July - so I'd reckon she offers a cruise to the British Isles in 2017.

MSC has a good itinerary to the British islands from Hamburg. 12 days, 6 ports of call and at least 10 hours in every one of them.