Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Anyone thing Royal will do the UK, Ireland?

Since Vision otS is reported for Amsterdam as turnover between May and June/July, it might be possible that she is doing some cruises around Great Britain.

Otherwise, have a look at Princess or Celebrity, those I like more, though.

Thank, yes it's NCL Sun that I'm looking at now... Wish I could get away short notice, they have $399 insides on one Feb'16 sailing☺

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk

Wow what a price. We have done that great cruise but we paid a lot more.

I sure don't see Panama Canal on that schedule!

I hardly believe RCCL will offer exotic sailings such as Panama Canal or South America with Cape Horn - seems RCCL did not well with those cruises, others for sure were more succesful.

I also do not expect them to offer Mexican Riviera and US West Coast... :rolleyes:

I hardly believe RCCL will offer exotic sailings such as Panama Canal or South America with Cape Horn - seems RCCL did not well with those cruises, others for sure were more succesful.

I also do not expect them to offer Mexican Riviera and US West Coast... :rolleyes:

Really? I thought the PC cruises did fine. Haven't done west coast on a regular basis in five years. Jewel did PC in May 2015. Figured it was full. Balconies were 3k.

I hardly believe RCCL will offer exotic sailings such as Panama Canal or South America with Cape Horn - seems RCCL did not well with those cruises, others for sure were more successful.

Really? I thought the PC cruises did fine. Haven't done west coast on a regular basis in five years. Jewel did PC in May 2015. Figured it was full. Balconies were 3k.

As one of the 'west coast refugees', the void by RCCL has allowed us to see that land based vacations are really a better value. We did one of the October trips on Jewel, and all the trips were full 6 months ahead. These Jewel rollcalls were the top 6 of all Jewel rollcalls. We have come to the conclusion that they don't have the smarts to see how to make even seasonal trips work for them. They worked for us, and we really didn't care how much it cost. In just a few short years, we have become elite on Princess and will be content with them.

As one of the 'west coast refugees', the void by RCCL has allowed us to see that land based vacations are really a better value. We did one of the October trips on Jewel, and all the trips were full 6 months ahead. These Jewel rollcalls were the top 6 of all Jewel rollcalls. We have come to the conclusion that they don't have the smarts to see how to make even seasonal trips work for them. They worked for us, and we really didn't care how much it cost. In just a few short years, we have become elite on Princess and will be content with them.

I would so do a West Coast like Jewel did in the fall. Up the coast.

Awesome!!

I will be onboard the Freedom of the Seas on 2/29/16. I will look at the prices for Venice Mediterranean, I am dying to go back, but the rates and airline prices so so high right now. :mad:

I have a one way fro Orlado to Rome through Air2Sea for under $500 this coming October. Seemed reasonable

Indeed Princess is doing fine on those itineraries, we have also booked them for 2017.

RCCL's reason for abandoning West Coast and Mexico is, that its onboard experience cannot be sold @"low price". Acooring to RCCL, all other cruise lines, sailing West Coast and Mexico are low coast carriers... Princess is a low coat carrier, aha... :rolleyes:

I think the true reason for that is that RCCL cannot compete with Princess, NCL, HAL and X on those itineraries, so they simply do not deploy any ship there.

But than, der RCCL, please stop such showy and cheeky comments...

Indeed Princess is doing fine on those itineraries, we have also booked them for 2017.

RCCL's reason for abandoning West Coast and Mexico is, that its onboard experience cannot be sold @"low price". Acooring to RCCL, all other cruise lines, sailing West Coast and Mexico are low coast carriers... Princess is a low coat carrier, aha... :rolleyes: Well explain why the 7 night Mexican Riviera cruises were selling for such cheap prices?

I think the true reason for that is that RCCL cannot compete with Princess, NCL, HAL and X on those itineraries, so they simply do not deploy any ship there.

But than, der RCCL, please stop such showy and cheeky comments... That reasoning doesn't even make sense. If you stick with that reasoning, RCI might as well pull out of Florida and Europe, also.

Feedback in red. I don't understand why you're getting so caught up in why RCI is no longer doing certain cruises. It's simple, they'd prefer to have their ships deployed elsewhere, including additional ships in Asia and Australia.

Feedback in red. I don't understand why you're getting so caught up in why RCI is no longer doing certain cruises. It's simple, they'd prefer to have their ships deployed elsewhere, including additional ships in Asia and Australia.

The TEXAS folks better start booking Liberty more! Those prices are starting to look like M/R prices.