Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

I'm not entirely familiar with Royal's history with Northern European itineraries, but I'm looking at doing a cruise that stops in Ireland/Scotland. Any indication that the ship that leaves from Amsterdam will make this itinerary? If not, I may have to look into Celebrity, MSC or Princess.

We looked for one after a TA in 2014 and ended up jumping over to Celebrity Infinity for a British Isles cruise. We enjoyed it.

That's not true. ;)

For 2017, Vision is listed in Amsterdam between May and July - so I'd reckon she offers a cruise to the British Isles in 2017.

First part is true.

Second part ok: maybe she comes back to North Europe and maybe she will offer not just the standard 12 day Baltic cruise pattern that is missing since Brilliance left Harwich. Some more variety incl. Norway, Island and British Isle would be great. We will see in March!

We looked for one after a TA in 2014 and ended up jumping over to Celebrity Infinity for a British Isles cruise. We enjoyed it.

Thank you for the info!

The last time RCI offered a British Isle cruise was on Vision from Copenhagen about three years ago. As there are no indication for an RCI ship in Amsterdam that might go around Britain I would go with Silhouette. She offers better itenaries.

Yeah I figured as much since I don't remember seeing itineraries for a while. I did see some of the Celebrity itineraries and they were intriguing.

MSC has a good itinerary to the British islands from Hamburg. 12 days, 6 ports of call and at least 10 hours in every one of them.

I agree - I did some research and saw that the itineraries are released on their European website but not US, but I was able to see the sample itineraries which look amazing!

So it's 12 months of releases, but a two year window. I guess that makes sense compared to last time.

I never really paid attention until last year.

I think there's a problem with your signature dates for Jewel :D

Jewel of the Seas 10/27/2016

Jewel of the Seas 11/6/2017

Jewel of the Seas 11/18/2016

I think there's a problem with your signature dates for Jewel :D

Jewel of the Seas 10/27/2016

Jewel of the Seas 11/6/2017

Jewel of the Seas 11/18/2016

Thanks, I rarely see them. I blame Royal, those were supposed to be Rhapsody, I had to change them one at a time as they kept cancelling.

First part is true.

Second part ok: maybe she comes back to North Europe and maybe she will offer not just the standard 12 day Baltic cruise pattern that is missing since Brilliance left Harwich. Some more variety incl. Norway, Island and British Isle would be great. We will see in March!

Have a look here - Vision of the Seas calls at Amsterdam between 09 th of May, and 02nd of July, 2017: http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/nl/cruises-portal

I reckon that she indeed offers some varied itineraries - for example the 12 night Arctic Circle itinerary Brilliance offered in 2012 from/to Amsterdam, and maybe one/two cruises to the British Isles when cruising from Amsterdam.

After her Amsterdam season she could switch to Hamburg IMHO for several Norway cruises - RCCL already announced that a ship out of Hamburg in 2017 is considered.

Have a look here - Vision of the Seas calls at Amsterdam between 09 th of May, and 02nd of July, 2017: http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/nl/cruises-portal

I reckon that she indeed offers some varied itineraries - for example the 12 night Arctic Circle itinerary Brilliance offered in 2012 from/to Amsterdam, and maybe one/two cruises to the British Isles when cruising from Amsterdam.

After her Amsterdam season she could switch to Hamburg IMHO for several Norway cruises - RCCL already announced that a ship out of Hamburg in 2017 is considered.

We'd really like to see some varied itineraries like have been done in the past. Fingers crossed.....:)

Does anyone know when I might find Canada/New England cruises for 2017?

Canada/NE sailings usually come early in the deployment release and could appear as early as mid-February or as late as the end of March. It would seem they are running on schedule and will have them out right after they release the short Caribbean and together with the longer Caribbean sailings.

RCI should release the schedule for deployment soon which will give the estimated date of release.

Does anyone know when I might find Canada/New England cruises for 2017?

Usually it's one of the first deployments that goes on sale - so expect it between mid of February and mid of March, if RCCL is going to release it's new cruises by the same pattern they have done in the past years.

Furthermore, the Canada/NE deployment should be VERY prectictable - Anthem from Cape Liberty, Serenade from Boston, and Grandeur from Baltimore - I hardly believe there will be any Québec sailings again... :(

I decided to go check out the Sydney port schedule to see if the Voyager & Explorer would be there and when in spring 2018, and things seem kind of weird. Voyager is shown as being in Sydney on March 11, 16, 20, 23, 27, April 2, 5, 16. Either those dates are placeholders for another ship, or the Voyager is doing a lot of 3 & 4 night cruises from Sydney which just seems bizarre to me.

What do the experts think? :confused:

I decided to go check out the Sydney port schedule to see if the Voyager & Explorer would be there and when in spring 2018, and things seem kind of weird. Voyager is shown as being in Sydney on March 11, 16, 20, 23, 27, April 2, 5, 16. Either those dates are placeholders for another ship, or the Voyager is doing a lot of 3 & 4 night cruises from Sydney which just seems bizarre to me.

What do the experts think? :confused:

Maybe Ovation is staying a full season before returning to China, Aussies love short cruises but that seems a few too many visits for Voyager.

In March and April we are in Autumn not Spring here in Australia.

I'd like a nice fall transatlantic as I'll be booking my first one in 2018. I'd be happy with about 3 European ports and 3 Caribbean islands. Already got my deposit ready!

The itineraries that will come out in March won't go that far out - only through about April of 2018.

I'm interested in SA - 'round the Horn but I think Royal is leaving that to =X=.

Sadly, same as Central America with Panama Canal, it's very unlikely to see RCCL doing one of thatt cruises... :(

Seems they are not getting the ships full on those sailings - although they are showily stating they cannot offer any Mexico Riviera and West Coast sailings, since they are not beloning to the "low-cost-segment"... :rolleyes:

Disappointing - just disappointing, since NCL, in the same market segment, seems to be succesful on those itineraries without any showy and cheeky comments... :rolleyes:

Maybe Ovation is staying a full season before returning to China, Aussies love short cruises but that seems a few too many visits for Voyager.

In March and April we are in Autumn not Spring here in Australia.

Sorry. Of course I know it's Autumn there, but I'll be cruising in my Spring. Lol. Hopefully, April will have nice weather down there. Last time, I was there in your Spring and it rained a lot :(

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzin-K