How do I go about to bring my little dog with me?

snorkelman

Some lady had her service dog a few weeks ago on the Freedom. We saw the service dog being pushed in a stroller and dressed in a sailor outfit.

M

I thought I had read that she was type 1 diabetic and her dog was able to tell when her blood-sugar was off. I could be wrong...

I am permanently disabled and have proof of my disability, even tho looking at me you wouldn't know that I am disabled... I have 5 small dogs, each of them help me in their own special way... Since I'm booked in an owners suite, can I bring all 5 of them with me? I think the OS is big enough to fit all of us :D :D

Just sayin :eek:

shouldn't you make a phone call to the cruiseline?

Yes I am disabled, but I was clearly kidding about wanting to know if I could bring my FIVE dogs with me!!

Our Youngest is my personal driver and I was going to have him drive us to the port, but I guess my DH will have to :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=362220&stc=1&d=1441929656

311630845_sb1driving.jpg.befe345d7416173c02c0e4fe25f755ba.jpg

I do not have any visible disability, such as needing a wheelchair.

I have a chiweenie that is a great comfort to me. If I have a disability and the dog is used as a means to treat my disability can I bring the little fellow with me? I can buy a service dog vest if that helps.

I fly on planes on the time with people who fake their disabilities. The last lady told me she bought the patch for the vest online. It's a joke.

You think smoking on the balcony is bad? Instead of a service vest, you should probably get the dog a life vest, cause if it woke me up with it's yapping I am pretty sure he would get the Royal Caribbean Pets at sea merit badge, cause it would definitely be going for a swim.

I sleep much better with my cat on the bed. If I promise to keep her in the cabin, as long at the room steward keeps the door closed all the time, and to clean the litter box, which I have to keep out on the balcony cause it's stinky, can I bring my Cat too? Zelda will be very quiet I promise.

Edited by wants2cruise2

My Wife has a service dog and the day we got her we stopped at a Pizza Joint on the way home and were thrown out because of the dog.

I didn't know the law then but within 24 hours I was an expert.

Service dogs are specially trained to perform specific tasks for their owner.

They are not pets, best friends, or for comfort! But as the owner and the dog bond the animal becomes everything above.

There are no State or Federal Licensing or Certification requirements!

And Please, please, please, never pet a Service Dog. They are working to serve the person they help and become very protective.

To the OP. If you need a Service Dog, get one specifically trained to help you with your disabilities. Part of the training is teaching them not to bark or yap and disturb others. Somewhere in CC is a thread about a "Yappy Dog" that never quit yapping and disturbed everyone it came in contact with. Check it out!

I have always taught my children to not pet the service dogs, especially when they have on the working vests. When we were at Disney this year I mentioned to my 5 year old to remember we don't pet the service animals since they are working hard and the wife of the man who needed him thanked me for that as we were in line.

My daughter has a friend who had part of her brain removed and the community and school raised money for a service dog to help with seizures and recovery. Every child in that school district knew him and also that when he had his blue vest he was busy but when they removed it he could then play.

Ralphie....while I was not on that cruise, I remember the whole story posted here. IMHO he was no service dog, just someone who couldn't be apart from their yippee, yappie spoiled dog.

There are too many "service dogs" that are not "service dogs" except in the eyes of its owner.

I agree with others who said, leave your pets at home.

I also have a disability and my service animal is a cat. Actually, I have two of them as cats tend to be a it "stuck up" so between the two, one of them is "usually" available to help. Now, the problem is, I can't sleep with them in the room because they walk all over the bed. So, I have to keep them out of the bedroom. Will there be a place on the ship where they can hang out while I am sleeping? (OK, none of that is true, except that we do have two cats, and we do lock them out of the bedroom at night because they would jump on the bed and keep us awake at night. Really, I just wanted to get in on this thread before it gets locked :p)

Edited by rudeney

I am permanently disabled and have proof of my disability, even tho looking at me you wouldn't know that I am disabled... I have 5 small dogs, each of them help me in their own special way... Since I'm booked in an owners suite, can I bring all 5 of them with me? I think the OS is big enough to fit all of us :D :D

Just sayin :eek::eek:

Of course you can bring them. Bring them to the Concierge , I'm sure he would have biscuit's and a bowl of water for them . :eek:

Well, let's see: we have dogs, a kangaroo, monkey, several cats, a parrot - some cruise lines will have to re-brand and go with "The Ark".

Oh and yes, my Schlomo is Darwin's long-lost twin. LOL!

This thread is hilarious!

(Not the disability aspect, but the jesting of different animals being service providers.)

Some lady had her service dog a few weeks ago on the Freedom. We saw the service dog being pushed in a stroller and dressed in a sailor outfit.

M

Cruisegirl, we sailed with you and had the "pleasure" of dining in Giovanni's the night they were there with their dog, in his stroller, with his sailor suit on.

Seriously, I'm a big supporter of service animals and understand that many disabilities are not visibly seen (especially animals who are trained to detect blood sugar changes or possible seizures), but sleeping in a stroller in a sailor suit?

If that really is a service dog, then their handling of him is the reason so many question his right to be on the ship. Riding along in a stroller, dressed up made it look like a big joke (on the cruise line).

Ryano, I'd welcome sailing with your lab any time. I understand that there are times you need a break, but you should bring him along some time.

Can I just ask where you found the vest? I have a service kangaroo. Do you think they would have a vest to fit?

LOL & then LOL again.

But, is he as clever as Skippy?? (The bush kangaroo)

Skippy " tch tch tch tch tch tch tch"

Mark Hammond "What's that Skippy?"

Skippy "tch tch tch tch tch tch" scratching his nose with his left paw.

Mark ' What Skippy, Sonny has fallen in the creek, and been hit on the head with a large tree branch, but you have dragged him to the bank?":

Skippy " Tch, tch tch tch tch" scratches nose with right paw

Mark " Ok Skip, I understand, we need to get Gerry to fly in with his copter because Sonny had been washed downstream into the gully."

Skippy " tch tch tch tch tch tch"

Mark " Yes Skip, I'll get on the radio straight away and tell Ranger Hammond."

OK, perhaps only funny to Australians over 45-ish......

Edited by reedy8

Well, let's see: we have dogs, a kangaroo, monkey, several cats, a parrot - some cruise lines will have to re-brand and go with "The Ark".

Oh and yes, my Schlomo is Darwin's long-lost twin. LOL!

This thread is hilarious!

(Not the disability aspect, but the jesting of different animals being service providers.)

I have seen many service hookers on board!

Rug hookers of course.:cool: