Post photos of smart casual outfits and formal nights

I'd love to see what you wore :) please specify which night it is

Sorry...Why :confused:

I'm sure you'll look great in what you consider "smart casual" it's exactly what you would probably wear out to a restaurant in your home town.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Sorry...Why :confused:

I'm sure you'll look great in what you consider "smart casual" it's exactly what you would probably wear out to a restaurant in your home town.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Bc I've never been on a RC cruise and haven't cruised in years and am bringing a group of 11 who have never cruised... I'm sure I'm going to get questions about what others will be wearing ... Good enough to reason?

On smart casual nights:

men - nice slacks with Polo shirt, button down shirt, or nicer long sleeve shirt

women - will see more of a variety from sundresses to nicer capris and blouses, long pants.

On formal nights:

men: some won't participate and will wear what they wear on smart casual evenings. tend to see more suits than tuxedos or a sports jacket worn with tie or no tie and just sport coat.

women: will see a wide variety of dress from long dresses, short cocktail dresses, "Sunday" dress with heels, dressy sequined top with dressy slacks. lots of LBD...little black dress...or big as the case may be. :eek:

Hope this helps. Don't really have pics for you.

And no one will care what you wear as long as you are neat,clean and no clothes with holes......many,many posts saying a long black skirt or pants with the sparkly top....and you do not need a different outfit for each night.....again....no one cares as long as you meet the minimum requirements....hope you all enjoy your trip....best piece of advice...,half the clothes,twice the money!!

OP, you might go over to the Cruise Fashions and Beauty boards - there are several threads where people (mostly women) have posted pictures of their formal attire.

I have rarely seen a smart casual night onboard, although some of the specialty restaurants have a smart casual dress code. RCI's definition includes a jacket with or without tie for men - I rarely see that. Long sleeved button down shirts and polos/Hawaiian seem to be the order of the day (that's what DH wears). I wear black pants/skirt and a nice top. For formal nights DH will often wear a tux, sometimes his own and sometimes a rental depending on whether we fly or drive to the port. I will wear a long dress, but not a truly formal one, usually a maxi dress that I bling up with jewelry and a sparkly shawl.

Bc I've never been on a RC cruise and haven't cruised in years and am bringing a group of 11 who have never cruised... I'm sure I'm going to get questions about what others will be wearing ... Good enough to reason?

What we do on Formal nights is head to one of the specialty restaurants. While I do miss the chance to put on a suit and tie, the extra luggage just isn't worth the bother to be honest.

"Bob. James Bob."

Tunk,

I have to ask, only because, it brings out an obsessive thing wiht me. Are you from Northeast PA or North East, PA? The difference is about 200 miles and North East, PA is in Northwest PA and I know many people from there.

Silly hijack over, just wanted to ask you since I've seen several of your posts and I have a few friends in Pennsylvania. ;)

Tunk,

I have to ask, only because, it brings out an obsessive thing wiht me. Are you from Northeast PA or North East, PA?

It is kind of amusing that North East, PA is in the northwestern part of PA. But it rather fits the entire schizophrenic theme of the Commonwealth rather well, I think.

But to answer your question, to paraphrase Tina Fey (who was imitating Sarah Palin): "I can see New Jersey from my house!".

those are some serious bread sticks.

Interesting that the man behind your left shoulder is in shirt sleeves. So happy there are choices and and on some lines if you were to wear a tux you would be looked at like the maitre' d or waiter.

Really good to leave the formal wear at home!