Booked an 8:30 am from FLL

Coming in on the Serenade on a Monday morning...I booked it on Southwest it seems to me if I don't make it I can take the 4pm on Southwest. If I book

both flights can I cancel one?

We have carry ons and will be doing self-embarkation.

Coming in on the Serenade on a Monday morning...I booked it on Southwest it seems to me if I don't make it I can take the 4pm on Southwest. If I book

both flights can I cancel one?

We have carry ons and will be doing self-embarkation.

That's too early for my stress level.

If you book Business Class on Southwest, they are fully refundable. If you book the least expensive fares, you won't get a refund if you cancel, but you can use the funds for a year on another flight.

Booking with points do you know how that works...if I book both flights and cancel one?

I believe if you cancel early enough (forgot the limit), the points go back on your account.

I just got off phone with SW they will not let me double book myself for the later flight however if I miss the flight they will put me on the next avail no charge...standby though.

I can book the next morning flight just in case and cancel it if I make it.

It's the the difference of getting home at 1 pm or sitting around airport til

4 and getting to Spokane at midnight...hour drive home! I'm thinking it's

Worth the chance.

My mind goes straight to not making the flight and then finding out that the 4pm flight is full.

Fort Lauderdale is kinda cool. Why not spend some time there? Book the 4pm and look around. Heck, book the morning flight for the following day and stay the night!

I just got off phone with SW they will not let me double book myself for the later flight however if I miss the flight they will put me on the next avail no charge...standby though.

Worth the chance.

I'd be thinking it's not worth the chance, or worth worrying about it just to get home a little early.

my typical answer to "is this flight too early" question.

If you are worried about it now, will it ruin your cruise thinking about "will I make my flight home".

I also agree that the 4 pm flight is an option now, but may not be available on day of.

Finally, I would not book that flight on a Sunday, but you say you are coming in on a Monday ? not sure how rush hour is in FLL on a monday morning.

You know what is best for you. Follow your heart but have a back-up plan.

Worth the chance.

You might want to make sure that they won't charge the prevailing rate.

I definitely wouldn't just assume the 4pm flight would be available should you miss the 8:30am flight. What if you can't get on the 4pm flight? Then you'll have to stay another day in Ft Lauderdale...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will be charged the difference between what you paid for the early flight and the price of the 4:00 flight. There are no additional "charge fees".

You will be charged the difference between what you paid for the early flight and the price of the 4:00 flight. There are no additional "charge fees".

But it will not cost her anything because she is paying with points

But it will not cost her anything because she is paying with points

Points needed for a flight go up just as the price goes up, so it could cost many more points than the original flight.

Edited by clarea

Way too early for me. We self-disembarked Independence in FLL over the summer and we were standing at the JetBlue service desk to check bags at 8:20.

I don't even know if it would be possible to make an 8:30 flight. Maybe if you were very first in line for self-disembarkation and even that only gets you off the ship at something like 7-7:30

Worth the chance.

If you book the early morning one with points, and go standby on the afternoon flight, it will probably require additional points. The closer you are to the date of a flight (or on the date), the more points/money it costs.

If you don't have enough points to cover the increase for the later flight, then you will have to pay for it. Your points for the earlier flight you missed will be redeposited in your account within 2 days:

When traveling on points, 48 hours after the last flight date/time of a ticket, the ticket will be redeemed based on what was actually flown, and any remaining unused points will be returned to your account.

For instance, FLL-LAX can run from around 7,500 - 28,000 points for their lowest fares. It's a gamble which ones are available on any given day. Today, 10/4, the 2:30pm flight is 12,724.