2017/2018 Deployment Thread & Opening Schedule

Andy

Even though I refuse to sail out of Cape Liberty, the Summit has some interesting Canada / New England sailings interspersed throughout the summer season. The overnight in Halifax sounds great. I give X some credit for mixing things up....a bit.

Michael

I'm not a fan of Cape Liberty either :eek:

Hi Everyone,

Here's the revised deployment opening dates. Please note: The first date listed is the opening date for Captains Club Members. The second date is for the general public :

Alaska, Bermuda, Canada, New England 12/1/15, 12/4/15

Europe 12/8/15, 12/11/15

Caribbean & Exotics 12/15/15, 12/18/15

I believe this is the latest update. However, the above dates are subject to change. Hope this is helpful !

Any Updates Andy? It's Dec 1st :p:p:p:D

Cape Liberty has a brand new, efficient cruise terminal. It is much better than FLL or MIA.

So I've heard. I will try it someday. I usually stay in New York visiting friends and family pre-cruise. It's the trip from Manhattan to Bayonne I'm not fond of. :rolleyes:

We sailed out of Cape Liberty for the 3rd time in September. The new terminal is great, no more shuttle bus and very efficiently run. Give it a try if you like the Canada itineraries, or Bermuda.

Disembarking the ship and waiting for the bus was the deal breaker for me when I sailed on the summit a couple of years ago. I don't know how people with mobility issues coped with it. :eek:

So I've heard. I will try it someday. I usually stay in New York visiting friends and family pre-cruise. It's the trip from Manhattan to Bayonne I'm not fond of. :rolleyes:

Since you have family & friends in NY, I'm sure one of them wouldn't mind driving you to the port or picking you up after the cruise and taking you to the airport. Just offer to reimburse them for gas & tolls.

Since you have family & friends in NY, I'm sure one of them wouldn't mind driving you to the port or picking you up after the cruise and taking you to the airport. Just offer to reimburse them for gas & tolls.

We're all Native New Yorkers. We're subway and cab people. lol :D:D:D

Even though I refuse to sail out of Cape Liberty, the Summit has some interesting Canada / New England sailings interspersed throughout the summer season. The overnight in Halifax sounds great. I give X some credit for mixing things up....a bit.

Michael

When? I'm just seeing the 7 night Bermuda sailing throughout July and August; am I missing something :confused:? Also the same for Alaska, no pacific coastal, just the same itineraries in July & August :(. With Europe also being very similar to previous years, unsure what we'll do.

When? I'm just seeing the 7 night Bermuda sailing throughout July and August; am I missing something :confused:? Also the same for Alaska, no pacific coastal, just the same itineraries in July & August :(. With Europe also being very similar to previous years, unsure what we'll do.

There's a coastal on infinity and Europe is very different. Are you looking at 2017?

Any Updates Andy? It's Dec 1st :p:p:p:D

I just booked a 2017 Alaska cruise via Captains Club. Those itineraries were coming available to the rep a few at a time as they were being loaded today. The one I wanted wasn't available initially, but after talking about another reservation, the rep checked again and found it.

All booked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cape Liberty has a brand new, efficient cruise terminal. It is much better than FLL or MIA.

Did this include upgrade of the entry road , parking lot and elimination of the snake dance previously required to drop off luggage and then park.

Haven't hear anything about the Bayonne Bridge project...

We'd go back...but only on S class...Summit right now is only X option..

Edited by hcat

There's a coastal on infinity and Europe is very different. Are you looking at 2017?

Yes, 2017, not in July or August. What's different in Europe? Please don't say Bodrum and Chania - a little like saying St Martin to the US folks :D.

There is a 10-night Canada/New England cruise on June 27, with 9-night Bermuda/New England cruises before and after that one.

Michael

We sailed out of Cape Liberty for the 3rd time in September. The new terminal is great, no more shuttle bus and very efficiently run. Give it a try if you like the Canada itineraries, or Bermuda.

I'm sure the new terminal is fantastic. I just can't fathom starting my cruise in New Jersey....I'm from San Francisco and when I go out there, I want to sail out of Manhattan. We sailed out of Cape Liberty in 2012 and to us, it was like starting a cruise out of Oakland instead of San Francisco :eek: That's why we only sail with lines that go out of Manhattan. A bummer that X doesn't alternate between both.

Michael

I just booked a 2017 Alaska cruise via Captains Club. Those itineraries were coming available to the rep a few at a time as they were being loaded today. The one I wanted wasn't available initially, but after talking about another reservation, the rep checked again and found it.

All booked.

Did you get any perks?

All booked.

Your better with CC than I am... Spoke twice already and was told not available yet... Will try again at lunch... I am looking at Alaska Cruisetour

All booked.

thanks for the update.

Still not loaded onto the website.