2017/2018 Deployment Thread & Opening Schedule

Andy

Just booked (before receiving any notice from Celebrity). There are no perks available on the TA.

So if its on the Website for booking now then whats the purpose of Captains Club? I thought we had 3 days before the general public?

So if its on the Website for booking now then whats the purpose of Captains Club? I thought we had 3 days before the general public?

Anybody with 'Preview' status or higher can book starting today. So in reality, yes the general public can book today. lol :eek: Sort of redundant

Anybody with 'Preview' status or higher can book starting today. So in reality, yes the general public can book today. lol :eek: Sort of redundant

Well as of right now i see no reason to book. The prices are way high the drinks packages obc etc is gone.

For Equinox Eastern Med on the 9/4/17 12 night we booked 1674 - largest C1 balcony on 11 - and 1676 for sister-in-law and brother-in-law. Prices a bit higher than expected - paid $7000 per cabin (we really wanted aft cabins and the SVs were not that much cheaper). Received Go Big - chose beverage pkg. Go Best was $540 each more. Plan to transfer to TA and use the OBC they give me toward the premium pkg, tips, internet

No suites for us on this cruise - S2 was $9898, S1 $10,898. We will happily "slum" it ;)

Let the planning begin!

I find it interesting that Captains club answered right away, no wait. So either not many are booking or they added extra staff:rolleyes:. Im going with the first option.

I called to inquire about South America (Winter 2017) and was told there is a delay in releasing that schedule/prices. No information on when SA will be released.

Steve

Edited by WNcruiser

I'm hoping there is a kind soul out there that would get me pricing for a cruise in USD. With my IP I can only get CAD. Some of us want to pay in USD and others in CAD. Would like to compare before containing TA.

June 5, 2017 - Constellation - Italy & Croatia - 10 days - roundtrip Venice. Looking for the USD pricing for a Category 6 oceanview cabin (eg. 3128). In CAD it's coming in at $5,184 with taxes and port fees. Assuming they'll be $100 off for Captain's Club pricing for the next category down.

Anyone who has already booked, is Celebrity offering reduced deposits?

Please and thanks!

Lynn

I'm hoping there is a kind soul out there that would get me pricing for a cruise in USD. With my IP I can only get CAD. Some of us want to pay in USD and others in CAD. Would like to compare before containing TA.

June 5, 2017 - Constellation - Italy & Croatia - 10 days - roundtrip Venice. Looking for the USD pricing for a Category 6 oceanview cabin (eg. 3128). In CAD it's coming in at $5,184 with taxes and port fees. Assuming they'll be $100 off for Captain's Club pricing for the next category down.

Please and thanks!

Lynn

You can change your country. On the home page scroll down and change Canada to USA

Edited by Cruise Junky

re.........For Equinox Eastern Med on the 9/4/17 12 night we booked 1674 - largest C1 balcony on 11 - and 1676 for sister-in-law and brother-in-law. Prices a bit higher than expected - paid $7000 per cabin (we really wanted aft cabins and the SVs were not that much cheaper). Received Go Big - chose beverage pkg. Go Best was $540 each more. Plan to transfer to TA and use the OBC they give me toward the premium pkg, tips, internet

How did you manage to get GO BIG?

You can change your country. On the home page scroll down and change Canada to USA

Duh...never realized I could do that....the print is so small, I've never seen that drop down! Works out the same price with exchange. Didn't think i'd ever say, i wish the price of oil would go up again. I hate this yoyo CAD. Thanks.

re.........For Equinox Eastern Med on the 9/4/17 12 night we booked 1674 - largest C1 balcony on 11 - and 1676 for sister-in-law and brother-in-law. Prices a bit higher than expected - paid $7000 per cabin (we really wanted aft cabins and the SVs were not that much cheaper). Received Go Big - chose beverage pkg. Go Best was $540 each more. Plan to transfer to TA and use the OBC they give me toward the premium pkg, tips, internet

How did you manage to get GO BIG?

It only offers only the $300 OBC online. When I called Captain's Club to ask a few questions, I asked about the BBB and they said it was available for that cruise. I changed the $300 OBC to the beverage package. They also offered Go Better and Go Best for more money.

Moose Tracks

I was able to book with a 50% deposit (called Captain's Club).

You should also be able to get $80 off your cruise for CC discount (difference between the next category down and category 6).

Yes, I noticed -- the prices are jacked up to take into account they are giving free Gratuities for booking while on a previous TA.

More than the gratuities for suites. I think Celebrity is testing whether the new suites benefits increase the market value for the suites. I booked an S1 on the recent 15 day Sihouette TA before the Luminae was announced. The S1 prices for the new fall TA is almost double.

Strange that the C1 is less expensive than the C2/C3. Clever marketing or an error?

Please and thanks!

Lynn

$3989.24 including taxes and port fees with $300 OBC

Re......It only offers only the $300 OBC online. When I called Captain's Club to ask a few questions, I asked about the BBB and they said it was available for that cruise. I changed the $300 OBC to the beverage package. They also offered Go Better and Go Best for more money.

In The USA?????

How did you find Princess compared to Celebrity or Royal Caribbean? Looking to book my first with them soon.

I think they fall somewhere in the middle. Food was better than Royal, not as good as Celebrity.... stateroom was great, one of best attendants on ANY ship.... entertainment in the Piazza far better than what Celebrity offers, but not as good as entertainment overall on Royal ships.

We did not like the way Princess does "anytime dining" at all.....it is anything but anytime dining....really diminished the dinner experience...we would not choose that way again.

Specialty restaurants every bit as good as Celebrity.

Overall we would cruise Princess again, in fact may be doing so in Alaska....

And pricing is far more in line with what we expect to pay.....X is pricing us right out of the game.....Elite Plus and all.....:confused: but I guess if they can get it the loyal cruiser is not important anymore...

Re......It only offers only the $300 OBC online. When I called Captain's Club to ask a few questions, I asked about the BBB and they said it was available for that cruise. I changed the $300 OBC to the beverage package. They also offered Go Better and Go Best for more money.

In The USA?????

You got BBB for a 9/17 cruise? The site says cruises through April of 2017.

I'm calling.

I thought I read that X was not going to go to Istanbul for the near future - but it is on several of the initeraries. So no more Ist. overnights? or embarkation / debarkation? I guess those changes would make it easier to "work around" if things get tricky there.

In The USA?????

Yes, I'm from the US. When I put the cruise on hold, it only offered the OBC. When I called the Captain's Club, the rep let me switch to the beverage package and had Better and Best for sale (or at least Best because that is what I asked about).

I noticed on the Alaska cruises it only had the $300 OBC as a perk initially (I had to ask to get the Go Best on the cruise I booked). They added BBB to others I looked at by the 3rd day of the sale.

I thought I read that X was not going to go to Istanbul for the near future - but it is on several of the initeraries. So no more Ist. overnights? or embarkation / debarkation? I guess those changes would make it easier to "work around" if things get tricky there.

So far only 2016 itineraries have been affected. I guess Celebrity is pondering 2017.