Info needed where to park at Port Everglades

beachlvn

We will be driving down for the first time. We have always flown. How do we find out which terminal the Emerald will be leaving from on Nov 7th? And where do we park for long term? Do we need to make a prior reservation?

THank you for helping!

We will be driving down for the first time. We have always flown. How do we find out which terminal the Emerald will be leaving from on Nov 7th? And where do we park for long term? Do we need to make a prior reservation?

THank you for helping!

Have you looked under the "cruise personalizer"? This is the info that appears for our Dec. 5 cruise out of FLL.

"Parking Information

Parking operated by USA Parking: (954) 468-3680

$15.00 per day in the six level parking garage adjacent to Pier 2. Note that oversized vehicles are $19 per day.

Cash and credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express & Discover) are accepted.

Parking is at the owner's risk.

Please note that RV parking is not available.

In addition, there is parking available through Park N' Fly at Fort Lauderdale Airport (approximately 5 miles from the pier).

For most up-to-date information, visit http://www.porteverglades.org/

Directions

From I-95, take 595 East to US1 North.

From US1 North, turn right (East) on 17th Street Causeway.

Just before 17th Street Causeway Bridge turn right (South) on Eisenhower Boulevard.

Turn left at the first traffic light on S.E. 20th Street and follow the signs to Pier 2.

The parking garage entrance is straight ahead; pier dropoff is to the right. All cars entering Port Everglades are subject to search. All persons must have identification to enter the Port."

My guess is that you need to reserve, and possibly pay, in advance.

Jim

THank you for helping!

Also check Park-N-Go in Ft. Lauderdale, off site parking but very secure and much less expensive. They use the shuttle system back & forth to the ships, they also have a web site, just Google it.

THank you for helping!

You do not need to reserve if you park at the pier. Just follow the signs for ship and drop off. You will receive ticket when you enter garage area. After dropping off luggage you can park the car and there are elevators to bring you down to ground level and short walk to cruise check in.

You pay when you return and leave the parking area. At the end of the cruise we usually have a porter bring all our luggage to the car and Tip handsomely and it makes our life easy. Then drive home.

If you want to drop off you luggage early and go out of area for several hours they will give you a sign to stick in window and then you will get a ticket when you actually park.

Hope this helps...........we have used the pier parking many times and try to park close to elevators. The pier garage parking is all under cover.

Enjoy your cruise!

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

You are arriving in the middle of the Ft. Lauderdale boatshow.

Part of the show is in the broward county convention center,

which is adjacent to, and shares parking with berth 2.

THank you for helping!

According to the Port Everglades web site the Emerald Princess will be docked at pier 2. This is the Northport section of Port Everglades. The most convenient parking is at the Northport garage deck which is adjacent to pier 2. It is just down the elevator and across the street. The cost is $15/day, just drive in, reservations not required and not accepted. There are other options that cost about $5/$6 a day less, such as park & go, but you will have to take their shuttle to the pier which is easy but then wait for their shuttle after you disembark. If it is a 7 day cruise is the $42 extra worth it? When we parked at the pier we took the early walk off option and were on the road by 8am.

We had no wait time for the shuttle to ParkN Go and paid $88 for 12 days. On return the shuttle drove to our van and the driver moved the luggage and my husbands scooter. No hassle, priced right and efficient. Reservation made us feel sure we would have no last minute surprises.

We can highly recommend Park-'N-Go for cruise parking. We have used their services often and appreciate their efficient, courteous operation. They drop you off at your pier and once you disembark and gather your luggage there is usually one of their yellow vans waiting - no need to call them. Safe and secure.

We have used park N Go numerous times over the years, Always prompt bus service and easy to get to. However, upon pricing it out for our January cruise it appears that their prices have gone up substantially in the last year. So much so that I think for our January cruise we will just park at the garage at the pier.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

True. Park 'n Go has increased their prices (who hasn't including Princess?) However, we feel the increase is still worth the service and not having to man handle our luggage. In October we pre-paid $7.99, vs. $10.20 pre-paid today. Plus we got two free bottles of water. Nice gesture on their part.

OK, we will also check the Park-n-GO. I sort of like the idea of reservations. I am aware of the boat show, that's one reason we are driving down, but I didn't realize it would affect parking at the pier.

Thanks again for all who responded!

Just 4 more days till we are cruisin'

No worries about waiting for Park-n-Go shuttles. They run continually from the ship to their facility. Not sure how many times one went by while DW and I were waiting for out rental car shuttle. And from what I could see, they did not wait for full shuttle. Saw one take off with only one couple on it.

No worries about waiting for Park-n-Go shuttles. They run continually from the ship to their facility.

The only issue is during the boatshow, the local roads and the port

entrances will be very, very crowded.

It is not unusual for 17th street to be stopped back to the Embassy

Suites.

If I were doing this --- I would arrive early, and then walk out to

Panera Bread for breakfast, and walk back closer to boarding time.

Have seen some interesting side routes while riding the Park 'N Go bus. They would likely avoid boat show traffic. They deal with Lauderdale port traffic all year...especially when the snow birds clog up the routes to the beaches, etc. Just a thought

The only issue is during the boatshow, the local roads and the port

entrances will be very, very crowded.

It is not unusual for 17th street to be stopped back to the Embassy

Suites.

If I were doing this --- I would arrive early, and then walk out to

Panera Bread for breakfast, and walk back closer to boarding time.

Thank you for your suggestion. We'll get there early!

Have seen some interesting side routes while riding the Park 'N Go bus. They would likely avoid boat show traffic. They deal with Lauderdale port traffic all year...especially when the snow birds clog up the routes to the beaches, etc. Just a thought

There is no avoiding all boat show traffic but Park 'N Go is lucky to be south of the port. In addition to people looking for parking there are additional shuttles and buses on the roads. Patience will be called for just getting to Park 'N Go. And while there will be more snowbirds in January, they have already started to arrive (I always check out the number of out of state/country license plates in our Publix parking lot and they are increasing daily :D); by January they will be the majority.

Word of Advise if you use this service. Have everything sorted out in your vehicle before you arrive at the lot. Felt somewhat rushed (my Fault) and was wondering if I had forgotten something. While boarding I realized I was wearing my Prescription sunglasses and my regular glasses were on the console. Second trip around with the shuttle sorted that out. Now we stop somewhere close to the parking lot and do a little inventory....

There are two parking lots near the cruise port and airport. We have used park-n-fly in the past and have reservations for January again. Cost is $93.53 with taxes for 7 day cruise. Service has been excellent. Both are within a block or less of each other.

We have used park N Go numerous times over the years, Always prompt bus service and easy to get to. However, upon pricing it out for our January cruise it appears that their prices have gone up substantially in the last year. So much so that I think for our January cruise we will just park at the garage at the pier.

We have also used Park N Go many times, but will park at the garage at the pier next month. If we pay in advance at Park N Go, the cost will be $67.78 plus tips. The difference of $16 is just not worth it to us.