Can I get whole fruit?

Vikstar

Just wondering if whole fruit is available in any of the dining areas or buffet (as in not pre-cut.) Would I be able to get a whole banana for breakfast?

Always have. But they do sometimes run out, also depends on the itinerary (how long they have to store them for) DW also got them delivered to the cabin as part of her fruit bowl.

Just wondering if whole fruit is available in any of the dining areas or buffet (as in not pre-cut.) Would I be able to get a whole banana for breakfast?

We have always managed to get whole fruit.As far as I can remember at least apples,oranges & bananas have been available but bananas did run out for a couple of days.When I asked for a banana they did get me one so perhaps they were just being rationed.There were probably other fruits as well.

Used to have fruit in cabin in AQUA class but not on last cruise. We do roomservice breakfast so I have learned to order bananas each morning so when they run out, I still have bananas. Yes. As another thread said have them clear out your cabin fridge and store your snacks there throughout the cruise. Have to learn to pack walnuts and pecans as they seldom have them for our cereal. Sometimes they have them on buffet and we can get them there for cabin and again store them in fridge until we need them. Plan ahead.

Used to have fruit in cabin in AQUA class but not on last cruise. We do roomservice breakfast so I have learned to order bananas each morning so when they run out, I still have bananas. Yes. As another thread said have them clear out your cabin fridge and store your snacks there throughout the cruise. Have to learn to pack walnuts and pecans as they seldom have them for our cereal. Sometimes they have them on buffet and we can get them there for cabin and again store them in fridge until we need them. Plan ahead.

We had whole fruit in the cabin...aqua class...Nov 7, 2015 Reflection

Used to have fruit in cabin in AQUA class but not on last cruise.

We were on the Equinox for over thirty days starting on October 2nd. The first two legs were in an Aqua Class stateroom, and we also had fresh fruit in the stateroom each day in that three sectioned tray on both legs. And not just three green apples but three pieces of different fruit such as one apple, one orange, one banana, one kiwi. There was always one apple and one orange, with the third piece alternating between a banana or a kiwi. But when we were on the Infinity last spring for a B2B2B, with all three legs in an Aqua Class stateroom, we never had the fresh fruit. This stateroom amenity seems to be hit or miss anymore.

Always remember that they are to be enjoyed while on the ship only, not taken ashore as snacks while you visit the various ports. And don't hesitate to ask if you don't see any whole apples, banana, etc. They may just have forgotten to put them out on the buffet, or may temporarily be out of them and haven't had a chance to restock the serving area yet.

FYI, I wouldn't touch the apples in the room. The room stewards throw those in the fruit bowls with their hands, in between cleaning rooms. I avoid any fruit in the rooms without an outer-covering. Gross.

Michael

Or wash them like you might at home.