Cove Balcony. Whats your thoughts?

CJHAN

So DW and I booked our first cove balcony and was I was wondering what those of you who have stayed in them think of them? My biggest concern is the elevator situation as we normally get a deck 7 balcony and everything is in range by use of the stairs. I would really love you guys overall opinions though.

My first thing is it is as you know lots of walking all ready on a ship so it is not a big deal for that part . However I do see what you meal about where our room ends up being . I hope you have a great cruise and at in the end your room is great . I know that I did not help for you but I like the inside room so it is hard for me to say . We have done a balcony on our first cruise but I sleep better inside because of thee dark in the morning . Have fun keep cruising :)

Well most of the time you will be using the elevator to go up to the Lido deck. But not everyone on the ship will be heading that way at the same time so the elevators are not so crowded.

It is easier to go up one flight of stairs to get to the theater and dining rooms. And remember alot of other passengers will be heading there at the same time. Also when coming back from being in port you will not have to wait for the crowded elevators and will only have to go up 2 flights of stairs. Also getting off in port is only 2 flights down. And when disembarking you will only have to go up 1 flight which is important if you have any luggage you are lugging off with no waiting for the elevator.

So DW and I booked our first cove balcony and was I was wondering what those of you who have stayed in them think of them? My biggest concern is the elevator situation as we normally get a deck 7 balcony and everything is in range by use of the stairs. I would really love you guys overall opinions though.

We had a cove balcony on our last cruise on the Breeze. Loved it! I would book one again in a heartbeat. However, determining a good location is key. The one we had was slightly forward of mid ship, just under the Excursions desk. No noise from above, no lifeboat directly overhead, and, since it was port side, we had a great view to watch for pier runners while in port. The downside was, because we spent most of our time on the Lido deck, it was a long walk to the Aft elevators. Just to let you know, on Embarkation day, the front and mid ship elevators are very busy. The Aft elevators are the least busiest. So, next time, we'll probably book a cove balcony cabin a little closer to the Aft area. Study the deck plans carefully before choosing your cabin to determine which one suits you the best.

Cove balconies between the midship elevators and the aft elevators are under the galley. I would stay away from those because you never know if you will have a lot of noise from workers in the middle of the night. Some cabins have niose and others don't. It is best to stay forward of the midship elevators. We had a cove under the dining room and heard nothing. I guess that is because at night the dining room is empty while they are working in the galley. Also the dining room is carpeted which helps cut down on the noise.

We had one on the Dream, and then 2 lido balconies on the glory and Liberty. We booked a B2B on the Breeze and decided to go back to a cove. The lido is so convenient but I loved the closeness to the water, so the dove won. We are more towards the front, to make sure we are under the restaurant and not the galley. I like taking the stairs whenever possible, it really makes a difference on how many pounds we pack on during a cruise. It's really an easy walk up to wherever we want to go.

Well most of the time you will be using the elevator to go up to the Lido deck. But not everyone on the ship will be heading that way at the same time so the elevators are not so crowded.

It is easier to go up one flight of stairs to get to the theater and dining rooms. And remember alot of other passengers will be heading there at the same time. Also when coming back from being in port you will not have to wait for the crowded elevators and will only have to go up 2 flights of stairs. Also getting off in port is only 2 flights down. And when disembarking you will only have to go up 1 flight which is important if you have any luggage you are lugging off with no waiting for the elevator.

These are all really good points thank you.

We had a cove balcony on our last cruise on the Breeze. Loved it! I would book one again in a heartbeat. However, determining a good location is key. The one we had was slightly forward of mid ship, just under the Excursions desk. No noise from above, no lifeboat directly overhead, and, since it was port side, we had a great view to watch for pier runners while in port. The downside was, because we spent most of our time on the Lido deck, it was a long walk to the Aft elevators. Just to let you know, on Embarkation day, the front and mid ship elevators are very busy. The Aft elevators are the least busiest. So, next time, we'll probably book a cove balcony cabin a little closer to the Aft area. Study the deck plans carefully before choosing your cabin to determine which one suits you the best.

We have already pick one near the back i like the fact that its little traffick back there. I know its under the galley so we took a shot on the noise hope we get lucky. I like an adult beverage to put me to slle if the noise is to loud but our DS will not have that option to bad for him.

We had a cove balcony on the Dream last month, #2256, right by the atrium elevators. The location couldn't have been more perfect. It was so convenient to everything. The best part was when we boarded the ship, and when we returned from ports, our room was right there. And when we wanted to see a show in the Encore theater, we just had to step out of our room, go up one flight of stairs, and walk right into the theater. Loved it and would book it again in a heartbeat. Quiet, too, as we were right under the shore excursions desk.

Edited by bakersdozen12

I would LOVE to try a cove balcony, but DH wants nothing to do with it.:mad:

He is hooked on the Lido balconies, as am I.

But just for ONCE, I would like to try a cove.

Hate sitting on our Lido balcony with the sun blaring in my eyes.

Don't mind the sun on a beach, or on Lido deck, but like shade on the private balcony.

Maybe some day.......:rolleyes:

Cove balconies are the only balconies we will shell out the extra money for. If we're not on a Dream class (as we're not on our upcoming 2 cruises), we go interior. They are fantastic. The close proximity to the water, the sound of the sea, the privacy, you can't beat it. The only issue is (and this doesn't apply just to cove rooms) don't book under the galley. Our cove on the Magic in April was under the galley, and it sounded like they were throwing pans on the floor as hard as they could, all night long! :eek:

We loved our private cove on the Magic. The thing about the coves is that the are Unique to the three dream class ships (and I guess the pending vista ships). So if I were on the fence to try or not to try, I'd try as they might not be an option on your next ship.

We are booked for a Cove Oct 2016--- Cant wait, will be my first balcony. I love the idea of being close to the water.

This is exactly why we went for the cove. The upper balcony are nice and you can see if there is a line for the BBQ place but closer to the water cant be matched. (I hope anyway)

Edited by CJHAN

Cove balconies are the saving grace of Dream class ships, imho. Our first cruise on a Dream class ship (Dream), we booked a balcony on one of the upper decks, per usual, and wasn't pleased looking down on the promenade deck, instead of water. Our next Dream class cruise, we booked a cove balcony, which afforded us a much more pleasant view than looking down at teak decking and the tops of other cruisers heads.