Carnival Cruise Gift Cards through eBay - $100 with Bonus $20

maustro

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been posted, but a quick search did not yield any results.

I saw this over on another forum: a popular gift card store on eBay is having a promotion on CCL gift cards. Buy a $100 and get a $20 GC for free. Limit 2 per eBay user. Free delivery.

You can do a search on the following string and it should be come up: Buy $100 Carnival Cruise Lines Gift Card and get a bonus $20! ($120 Value)

Edited by maustro

I'm confused. Just looked it up and it does not indicate what the bonus $20 is. Carnival cards come in $25 denominations and up, so the $20 is not carnival. The fine print does not say. Anyone know? I don't want to pay $100 for $100 card and get a $20 gift card to something that is worthless to me, when I can get from Verizon for 10% off.

I'm confused. Just looked it up and it does not indicate what the bonus $20 is. Carnival cards come in $25 denominations and up, so the $20 is not carnival. The fine print does not say. Anyone know? I don't want to pay $100 for $100 card and get a $20 gift card to something that is worthless to me, when I can get from Verizon for 10% off.

Based on past purchases I have done with the seller, you will get one gift card worth $120.

Picked one up through Ebates. Will get $5 back as well so a total of $25! That's basically 25% savings!!

Not a bad deal at all! Combine that with the roughly 20 verizon I've bought/will buy I almost paid for the 4th guest!

It's $10 more savings than Verizon but there are a lot of negative comments, not getting cards and cards coming but with no money. Since it only saves me $10 more, I just think I will pass. Something is just not sounding right since he calls it a $100 card. Why not outright say it's a $120 card for $100. It may b fine but he still hasn't responded to my question.

I hope all of you that bought do get yours.

Just bought 2! Found out about it on a deals website. Paid through Paypal so I will leverage someone's buyer protection and get restitution if these cards contain less than the advertised value. In other words, the $200 I paid for, plus the $40 in bonus (however that will be paid out: $40 in additional promotional cards, GCs worth $120 each, or similar).

Good catch about the wording ("bonus $20" rather than "get a $120 GC for $100"). I think Carnival GC can be loaded for any denomination between $25 and $500, so a $120 GC *could* happen.

Edited by undercat

Did you read their feedback? 599 negatives in the past year for cards with $0 balance, no communication, and super slow shipping.

Not very trustworthy IMHO and not someone I would order through on ebay.

Yeah I'd steer away from this supposed deal

Looks like lots of people are happy BUT there's way to many who either got a card that had a zero balance or very slow shipping

And doesn't seem like with that many Negatives for non shipping or sending a card with zero balance that EBay should even let them continue selling

Guess eBay makes loads of money in fees and charges so looks the other way at all the negative feedback

Just bought 2! Found out about it on a deals website. Paid through Paypal so I will leverage someone's buyer protection and get restitution if these cards contain less than the advertised value. In other words, the $200 I paid for, plus the $40 in bonus (however that will be paid out: $40 in additional promotional cards, GCs worth $120 each, or similar).

Good catch about the wording ("bonus $20" rather than "get a $120 GC for $100"). I think Carnival GC can be loaded for any denomination between $25 and $500, so a $120 GC *could* happen.

On the other social media site where this was posted, someone posted that the PayPal/EBay fraud guarantee did not cover gift cards. I would be very careful. I buy a lot on EBay, but would never buy a gift card.

I have sold a lot of items on eBay in the past, and they are a company trying to make money. The fees and commissions that they make, even on the postage you have to pay to ship your own items is ridiculous. They don't always honor the buyer protection agreement either on buying or selling all the time. By the time you get done with all their fees and etc. you really don't make any profit. I've had people pull out of sales at the last minute and then I have to go to the resolution center to get fees removed on items that didn't even sell, how is that fair. I agree with other posts Buyer Beware!!

I hope everyone that bought will come back and share if they get their cards. I thought about it, but decided against it. Just saving $10 more than Verizon was

not worth the risk. Plus the seller never responded when I sent him a question. Yes there are many happy customers, but I don't buy from a seller that will not respond to an inquiry.

Edited by wantocruisemore