Question about suite guests

milkman32

Currently booked on Oasis of the Seas for April, was lucky enough to get one of the new suites overlooking the Aqua theatre, question I have is, my wife and I will have gold cards, my 78 year old mother is also cruising with us in an inside cabin as a single, will RCCL allow her to join us as we are gold cards and allow her access the same as we have.

Currently booked on Oasis of the Seas for April, was lucky enough to get one of the new suites overlooking the Aqua theatre, question I have is, my wife and I will have gold cards, my 78 year old mother is also cruising with us in an inside cabin as a single, will RCCL allow her to join us as we are gold cards and allow her access the same as we have.

No.

Which suite did you book?

We had 14730.

Hope you were able to get one of the lower ones.

It is nice, though, enjoy.

Safe travels.

The problem is you two will have access for meals in Coastal Kitchen and she will not. Also, she won't be able to access the suite lounge and the reserved seats in the theater.

Can you share a room? If not, I don't think that having an Aqua Suite will be worth it for you.

The problem is you two will have access for meals in Coastal Kitchen and she will not. Also, she won't be able to access the suite lounge and the reserved seats in the theater.

Can you share a room? If not, I don't think that having an Aqua Suite will be worth it for you.

That cabin is a grand suite not an aqua suite.

Edited by Spurschick

That cabin is a grand suite not an aqua suite.

The newer aft suites (11330/730, 12330/730, and 14330/730) were classified as GS on initial sailings after the dry dock, but are now one-bedroom AquaTheater Suites. I have 11730 booked for October 2016 and that was the designation. Rooms on Decks 11/12 were priced the same, with deck 14 quite a bit lower because of the small balcony.

Edited by TrojanHB

The newer aft suites (11330/730, 12330/730, and 14330/730) were classified as GS on initial sailings after the dry dock, but are now one-bedroom AquaTheater Suites. I have 11730 booked for October 2016 and that was the designation. Rooms on Decks 11/12 were priced the same, with deck 14 quite a bit lower because of the small balcony.

That cabin actually shows as a GS until the end of April. It will change categories in May which I assume is to tie in with when the new suite benefits are implemented. Hence why if you are not in that cabin until next October it is categorized differently.

The Op is sailing prior to the change.

Edited by Spurschick

Those with Coastal Kitchen access are allowed to invite guests to dine with them occassionally.

That cabin actually shows as a GS until the end of April. It will change categories in May which I assume is to tie in with when the new suite benefits are implemented. Hence why if you are not in that cabin until next October it is categorized differently.

The Op is sailing prior to the change.

Thanks for the clarification. OP may get to enjoy that suite without the price bump that came with the ATS (rather than GS) designation on my sailing.

Edited by TrojanHB

On different tracking sites I now see these grand suites listed as A1-A2-A3.

With different prices.

They are modified Grand suites, not Agua theatre suites, and like I posted above we were in 14730 with the smaller balcony, by the aqua theatre.

The other balcony off the bedroom did have two chairs and a table.

Safe travel.s

My experience from Allure a few weeks ago tells me that she can probably join you at CK for dinner. Just ask the hostess and if they have room (and the restaurant was rarely 50% full) they can probably accommodate. As for other perks (suite lounge, show seating, etc) once you're "in" the suite I was never asked for my card unless actually paying for something (I actually witnessed the concierge let some friends of his into the suite lounge on the last evening - the bartenders had not seem them the entire sailing and treated them like every other suite guest). Also only 1 gold card needed to be flashed in order to obtain access to seating. We were also not asked to show Gold cards for debarkation, so if you asked your stateroom attendant for a few extra luggage tags and set them outside your room, I would imagine she can debark along with you. While technically she does not get to enjoy suite perks, if you act like she is supposed to get them, she'll likely get to tag along with you no problems. Enjoy your cruise!

My experience from Allure a few weeks ago tells me that she can probably join you at CK for dinner. Just ask the hostess and if they have room (and the restaurant was rarely 50% full) they can probably accommodate. As for other perks (suite lounge, show seating, etc) once you're "in" the suite I was never asked for my card unless actually paying for something (I actually witnessed the concierge let some friends of his into the suite lounge on the last evening - the bartenders had not seem them the entire sailing and treated them like every other suite guest). Also only 1 gold card needed to be flashed in order to obtain access to seating. We were also not asked to show Gold cards for debarkation, so if you asked your stateroom attendant for a few extra luggage tags and set them outside your room, I would imagine she can debark along with you. While technically she does not get to enjoy suite perks, if you act like she is supposed to get them, she'll likely get to tag along with you no problems. Enjoy your cruise!

Makes me wonder why there are rules when adults (not kids) feel they can ignore the rules.

Makes me wonder why there are rules when adults (not kids) feel they can ignore the rules.

Its also up to the cruise staff to enforce the rules (not to mention follow them, as in my concierge example). It was just my wife and I, so we followed the rules. Just giving my opinion based on what I saw.

So....you're going to be living it up in an Aqua suite...and you're sticking your dear old mom into in an interior cabin? :eek: :D ;)

We sail quite a bit on Oasis class, always adults sleep in suites and kids sleep in standard balcony although we all spend most of the time together in the suite. We never have a problem in any of the suite areas with the entire family. RC seems to understand that we can easily put a third and fourth in the suite and pay less than an additional stateroom. Unless the ship is completely sold out, they have greater revenue with people purchasing two staterooms.

I have seen people abuse the privilege and invite friends or extended family members and that is usually not tolerated. Although it is not policy, if it is obvious that you purchased a second stateroom just for privacy for sleeping purposes, they usually allow everyone in your immediate family in the suite areas.