Question about suite guests

milkman32

We were in 14730 last month. These rooms were originally sold as GS but the sign on the door shows Aquatheater.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

e36c9b21175880d23f377dbd9cb99ebd.jpg

Do you have any pics of the balcony? Would love to see the size. It also appears that the overhang above covers most of the deck, did you get much sun?

Thanks!

While technically she does not get to enjoy suite perks, if you act like she is supposed to get them, she'll likely get to tag along with you no problems. Enjoy your cruise!

wow. self entitled much?! this is the reason so many of the times the suite only access areas are OVER CROWDED and makes it much less enjoyable for those of us who PLAY BY THE RULES.

Do you have any pics of the balcony? Would love to see the size. It also appears that the overhang above covers most of the deck, did you get much sun?

Thanks!

OMG

That is the suite we had in August on Oasis.

Nice bedroom with separate living room with sleeper sofa.

Smaller bath single sink, jump up to get into tub/shower and same way out.

Balcony overlooking aqua theatre standing room only, no chairs.

Two chairs and a round table on ocean view side (two separate balconies with two separate doors.

I loved the floor to ceiling wrap around windows in the master bedroom.

Would I book again.

No.

Going back to Crown lofts for location to suite lounge and two level suite.

We did however enjoyed it in a way.

Safe travels

Happy New Year

Thanks!

1d466f4b595204053d44064a0abf7e04.jpg

aed35c9311da923b35ea5493b242f521.jpg

We had more sun on the smaller balcony off the bedroom.....which is the one with the chairs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Thanks. My son has it booked for next October. TA told him about it.

Happy New Year

Harmony has addressed decks 11,12, & 14. But I don't see how Oasis/Allure would be able to do any upgrades to the suite/decks until a dry dock, if even than!

Harmony has addressed decks 11,12, & 14. But I don't see how Oasis/Allure would be able to do any upgrades to the suite/decks until a dry dock, if even than!

All they could is bust out the cabins next door and reconfigure the suites. They could do it underway, but would lose revenue, so I doubt it is feasible

Currently booked on Oasis of the Seas for April, was lucky enough to get one of the new suites overlooking the Aqua theatre, question I have is, my wife and I will have gold cards, my 78 year old mother is also cruising with us in an inside cabin as a single, will RCCL allow her to join us as we are gold cards and allow her access the same as we have.

I wouldn't expect that she will be allowed to join you. It may depend on the time of year, of course, but on our summer cruise on Allure, several suite guests were told that they were not allowed to bring guests to Coastal Kitchen who were not also in a suite. It was a very busy sailing however, so they may be more lenient if they aren't busy. If not, you might have to leave her to dine by herself, or you may have to give up your perks to be with her.

I would consider upgrading your mother's accommodation to allow her to use the facilities that you will have, and that have been paid for.

Currently booked on Oasis of the Seas for April, was lucky enough to get one of the new suites overlooking the Aqua theatre, question I have is, my wife and I will have gold cards, my 78 year old mother is also cruising with us in an inside cabin as a single, will RCCL allow her to join us as we are gold cards and allow her access the same as we have.

Hi. We were talking about this with one of the Oasis suite concierges this morning and my advice is to ask nicely. BTW, Coastal Kitchen is wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...

We have our first GS booked for an upcoming Allure cruise. Our 2 teenaged children are booked in an adjoining balcony cabin. I'm sure they will be able to tag along on the boarding and disembarking as a suite guest with us since they are minors but will they be able to share any of the other perks? I'm thinking dining? Seating at shows? etc. We are traveling with a few other families so I am sure we won't be taking full advantage of our perks since we wouldn't be doing things with them if we did, but I do want to make the upgrade as worthwhile as much as i can. I guess I better read up on coastal kitchen ...

We have our first GS booked for an upcoming Allure cruise. Our 2 teenaged children are booked in an adjoining balcony cabin. I'm sure they will be able to tag along on the boarding and disembarking as a suite guest with us since they are minors but will they be able to share any of the other perks? I'm thinking dining? Seating at shows? etc. We are traveling with a few other families so I am sure we won't be taking full advantage of our perks since we wouldn't be doing things with them if we did, but I do want to make the upgrade as worthwhile as much as i can. I guess I better read up on coastal kitchen ...

Pretty sure minor children are allowed with their parents

Makes me wonder why there are rules when adults (not kids) feel they can ignore the rules.

It's his 78 year old mother, for cryin' out loud................AND he's asking about it, just not blatantly breaking the rules.

Edited by cruisincha

It's his 78 year old mother, for cryin' out loud................AND he's asking about it, just not blatantly breaking the rules.

if he wanted his mommy or his best friend or his nephew to enjoy the same perks, then he should have booked them in a suite.

we have issues with the ones that are telling him to just sneak mom in or act like that she is entitled to access when she is NOT

Hi. We were talking about this with one of the Oasis suite concierges this morning and my advice is to ask nicely. BTW, Coastal Kitchen is wonderful.

I agree... ask nicely... for one person they may be lenient.. but ask nicely :) very nicely :)

I think as many have said it depends. We were booked in the aquatheater suite a couple years ago but had to list one of my parents with the kids down the hall. They were both allowed to go with us. (Not my kids, just one extra parent). On another cruise I went with them into the diamond lounge and received a note the next day telling me they were not welcome. (And they are 83,79). Last cruise on the Oasis over New Years the diamond lounge was like the Wild West, nobody checking anything. (And they were finally diamond, go figure).

Hi there, We do this all the time, adults in Suite, kids in balcony. We were on Allure 4 times last year and on the Jan 3 sailing this year. Go up into the suite lounge on the first day and talk to Dexter to Jeremias. Both are awesome! They will give you tickets for all the shows for the kids then they just go in with you. The seating area is on the balcony so just show your gold card at the door on 5 and scan the kids tickets. They can sit with you in the suite seating. Same for the ice show.

Regarding coastal kitchen, of course your children are allowed to eat with you and hang out in the lounge. RC is in the business of providing family vacations. Parents do not get segregated from their children just because the booked a suite as that would be very bad business for top paying customers!

Regarding the rest of your party, if it's not too crazy busy, you can take guests in for dinner on occasion. Tell Dexter you are traveling with a group and unless it is a giant group or they are booked, he'll arrange a dinner for your party in CK.

FYI, this is not the case in the diamond lounge. They are having capacity problems in the diamond lounges across the fleet and are trying to find creative ways to give perks to Diamonds with out overcrowding the lounges. Real estate on ships is precious and the rules are always strict in the DL.

Hope this helps!!!!

Hi there, We do this all the time, adults in Suite, kids in balcony. We were on Allure 4 times last year and on the Jan 3 sailing this year. Go up into the suite lounge on the first day and talk to Dexter to Jeremias. Both are awesome! They will give you tickets for all the shows for the kids then they just go in with you. The seating area is on the balcony so just show your gold card at the door on 5 and scan the kids tickets. They can sit with you in the suite seating. Same for the ice show.

Regarding coastal kitchen, of course your children are allowed to eat with you and hang out in the lounge. RC is in the business of providing family vacations. Parents do not get segregated from their children just because the booked a suite as that would be very bad business for top paying customers!

Regarding the rest of your party, if it's not too crazy busy, you can take guests in for dinner on occasion. Tell Dexter you are traveling with a group and unless it is a giant group or they are booked, he'll arrange a dinner for your party in CK.

FYI, this is not the case in the diamond lounge. They are having capacity problems in the diamond lounges across the fleet and are trying to find creative ways to give perks to Diamonds with out overcrowding the lounges. Real estate on ships is precious and the rules are always strict in the DL.

Hope this helps!!!!

Thank you SO much for your detailed response!!! I can't be sure my kids will even want to do much with us (we usually only see them for dinner and sometimes a show) but it is nice to know we have that option.

The problem is you two will have access for meals in Coastal Kitchen and she will not. Also, she won't be able to access the suite lounge and the reserved seats in the theater.

Can you share a room? If not, I don't think that having an Aqua Suite will be worth it for you.

While it is not the official stance of RCCL, if you have both parties booked under the same reservation, many times if you go to the Concierge they will grant the other one or two people a gold card as well. From personal experience this has happened twice with my kids being booked in a connecting room to us being in a Grand Suite or Owners suite. Specifically, 3 people booked in suite and 2 in conecting room. Being that the A3/Grand Suite doesn't offur conecting rooms could be reason enough. Now if she is booked under another reservation, it will be difficult to swing. That being said, go early to the suite lounge and talk to the hosts there. I have found they usually they will do everything possible to make your cruise convient and enjoyable within reason.

While it is not the official stance of RCCL, if you have both parties booked under the same reservation, many times if you go to the Concierge they will grant the other one or two people a gold card as well. From personal experience this has happened twice with my kids being booked in a connecting room to us being in a Grand Suite or Owners suite. Specifically, 3 people booked in suite and 2 in conecting room. Being that the A3/Grand Suite doesn't offur conecting rooms could be reason enough. Now if she is booked under another reservation, it will be difficult to swing. That being said, go early to the suite lounge and talk to the hosts there. I have found they usually they will do everything possible to make your cruise convient and enjoyable within reason.

that was because you were in a CONNECTING ROOM.

with the extreme overcrowding of all lounges I highly doubt a concierge is going to just randomly give out a gold sea pass( actually he cannot at all, it would have to be done down at GS) to someone NOT in a qualifying suite's Connected room. as in the interior door,