Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

Not really a long walk. They did have golf carts going back and forth

I'd guess the walk is about 2 football fields - 200 yards, about 500-700 feet. There are 25 sections that are 15-20 feet long. I don't think the distance is any longer than the walk to other docked ports on the itinerary. It could be worse... wait in a long line for a 10 minute tender each way (or 25 minutes in the case of the old Belize City tender)

Harvest Caye Menus and Maps

Edited by Angelo_R

We had a nice day on HC for the grand opening. Weather was iffy with a short rainstorm early but some clearing later. There are many loungers on the beach with quite a few having umbrellas - also many loungers by the pool which is beautiful. Landscaping is beautiful and will be better once grown in. We attended the ribbon cutting and the champagne was flowing. I understand there were problems with power failures and vendors having problems with running credit cards so there's some bugs to work out. I was impressed with the work that went into this major project and would be happy to return for a beach day. I will try to attach pics. a07a1ace4976059316abb7d693c624f2.jpge43e863fec3a2a6a243de8cfef196f54.jpgf1b3cb54a2558c1623865979d4c32602.jpg627b0dae10a0e7302345a370c1a3491e.jpg32578d0f578dc1a56d6653de8c52e502.jpgb6027c86d987300c1304012488cc860c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can anyone visiting pleaseeeee get a pic of the beach rentals options? I understand that the clam shells have a hire cost, but I also read that the umbrellas do too? Would just be interesting to know- I'm far too English and pale to sit all day in the sun without an umbrella! I'm on the Escape so I think those chairs may fill up a fair bit faster- if the umbrellas are first come first serve I will just make sure to get myself down there early.

Also first off I wasn't bothered by the zip lining but that beach zip line looks really cool. Do you have to book in advance via NCL or can you just turn up on the day and sign on? I'm also really interested in the little self drive boats if anyone can get any info. Very jealous of everyone there soon, I won't be there for 11 months! Oh well at least it should all be open by then... hopefully...

Edited by SquishTheWhale

Anyone have details or pictures of pool cabanas or a review

Someone did a video tour of a cabana. Search youtube for it or I think the link is either earlier in this thread or in the other Harvest Caye thread that is floating around (the one asking for reviews from Dawn cruisers).

Edited by brookie848

Someone did a video tour of a cabana. Search youtube for it or I think the link is either earlier in this thread or in the other Harvest Caye thread that is floating around (the one asking for reviews from Dawn cruisers).

We've seen lots about the beach cabanas and I think thats what you're referring to- its the pool cabanas we haven't yet seen anything on.

we were there last week on opening day and it is true that you cannot use the UBP. You also have to pay for food at the overpriced LANDSHARK BAR. There is nothing free food/drink wise on the island BUT the liquor store is the cheapest in the Caribbean. Overall, the island was a huge let down. There are shuttle carts that run the length of the pier and onto the island for people who have problems making it on foot.

We were there on opening day and there were many umbrellas at the beach and the pool.

We walked to the far end of the beach and there were no umbrellas at all, but when I expand my pics it does look like there were umbrellas at the closer end of the beach. So maybe only half the beach has umbrellas.

15e402c85ad47016fdf4c7188597e2e6.jpg8e63e402f6c6f9362d169a3f3978377f.jpg

Edited by Sotermarler

Just came off the cruise. Harvest Caye was OK, the weather wasn't good for us so we stayed a couple hours, swam in the pool and left. Nothing really great, no food or drinks included as others have mentioned. Regular chairs are free and cabanas and clamshells were extra. The beach sand was course with broken shells, not our thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That is such a crock. If a third party vendor ran the bar and you needed to pay cash or use a credit card, that's one thing....but being able to swipe with your key card and charge your alcohol, that is a pure money grab. You can't bring on soda and water, but you can bring off beer from the UBP in a small cooler in a bag to enjoy poolside.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

ok, so please help me to understand.... I get that you will have to pay for food and drink once you are off the ship. Not a surprise, but the bring a cooler off the ship to enjoy poolside is what I am not understanding. So, it is ok to bring beer off the ship in a cooler onto HC to drink by the pool or whatever? Can someone please clarify this for me :confused: and if so how much...just seems too good to be true.

ok, so please help me to understand.... I get that you will have to pay for food and drink once you are off the ship. Not a surprise, but the bring a cooler off the ship to enjoy poolside is what I am not understanding. So, it is ok to bring beer off the ship in a cooler onto HC to drink by the pool or whatever? Can someone please clarify this for me :confused: and if so how much...just seems too good to be true.

No it's not supposed to be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No it's not supposed to be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There was nobody checking bags or even saying we weren't allowed to bring food & drinks off the ship onto HC.

We all got off the ship carrying mugs full of mimosa and soda with snacks in our bags. No one said a word.

It's the reverse that's not allowed. They wouldn't even allow us to bring unopened water bottles from the cabana onto the ship.

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

We were at Harvest Caye on Thanksgiving. I do not feel that it is fully ready for use. We walked a good bit and it was hot. I tried to pay for food and drinks with a credit card. couldn't get the credit card machine to work. Same for the room key. Sir, you will have to pay with cash. ok I barely has enough for the bill. As we walked away, I saw the same person accept a credit card from another guest. Guess that person wasn't buying much as my credit card bill would have cost $$ to run. This way the vendor kept more money rather then pay the card company.

We were at Harvest Caye on Thanksgiving. I do not feel that it is fully ready for use. We walked a good bit and it was hot. I tried to pay for food and drinks with a credit card. couldn't get the credit card machine to work. Same for the room key. Sir, you will have to pay with cash. ok I barely has enough for the bill. As we walked away, I saw the same person accept a credit card from another guest. Guess that person wasn't buying much as my credit card bill would have cost $$ to run. This way the vendor kept more money rather then pay the card company.

I guess it's gonna be caveat emptor! We will most certainly inquire first before placing any order to be certain vendor will accept CC. Don't like carrying around cash, especially in a beach surrounding.

Scanditaly