Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

Hi.

For anyone that has been in a beach cabana, can you please let me know if below is correct. Someone from a face group said below comes with the cabana:

The price includes:

*Air Conditioning in the cabana

*Golf cart too/from

*Cheese and fruit plates

*Bottled waters

*Sound system

*Bathroom with shower

*Outdoor showers

*Butler/concierge

Thanks so much!

Yep had all that last week

Cabana 6 did not have sound system. I did not hear any music coming from our neighbors either was there Dec 1.

I wonder if they changed their mind about supplying sound systems. I could see that imposing on someone else's space who may want just peace and quiet... just a thought.

Even without the sound system, it's an awesome cabana.

9c89042b0470131b9d6424271d3b87bb.jpg63c0fcc3459c1bbf3715de25c4163167.jpg6a075d37dcd4fad0779245cbdc0b085c.jpg751cf9b3b2260f9edfff27f5179e374b.jpg86704d4085a099d107af6492021aecf0.jpg. Menu you can also ask for items from Landshark. Note the Champagne prices best deal - I think someone screwed up here enjoy!

They were plain white plush no logo

OK thanks, darn I was assuming the pic above was from beach towels but i guess they are from the covers over the deck lounge chairs

JillL - I thought the food prices were surprisingly reasonable, with LARGE portions. Drinks, on the other hand, were priced as you'd expect (not neighborhood-bar cheap).

ebe2df218a143d20bfeef311042ce219.jpg

6e777e5dcdabe742b1982f3a883ac2c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$8.99 for a child's hamburger may be surprisingly reasonable to you, but not to me. Actually, it's outrageous, especially when needing to feed 3 children.

$8.99 for a child's hamburger may be surprisingly reasonable to you, but not to me. Actually, it's outrageous, especially when needing to feed 3 children.

I'm not trying to flame you here, but in all my many travels to Walt Disney World, Atlantis Resort and many other tourist and travel locations, these prices while not priced like your hometown Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonald's or local burger joint are pretty reasonable... About 200 yards away is all the food you want at no additional cost for you and the family on the ship. Again, not trying to flame you.

It's outrageous to the same extent that pizza was being charged for on board owing to a misguided policy. It was refreshing to see FDR backtracking from that.

Harvest Caye is a much bigger deal, though, than having pizza delivery on board ships!

The private island concept which featured a charming complimentary beach barbeque is gone. Carnival has brought online Amber Cove (which I like), NCL HC.

Ironically I agree that the prices at Landshark are unusually low for that sort of joint in

Central America. When I first saw the menu, I thought it had NCL's imprimateur all over it.

Once again I am asking, how much are passengers being charged by means of port charges for this opportunity to spend money ashore with no reasonable way off the island?

[ATTACH]399887[/ATTACH]

You pick them up and the end of a long lagoon that runs behind the Flight House. You don't take them out on the beach....but ride them up and down the lagoon.

Thanks for the information!:)

It's outrageous to the same extent that pizza was being charged for on board owing to a misguided policy. It was refreshing to see FDR backtracking from that.

Harvest Caye is a much bigger deal, though, than having pizza delivery on board ships!

The private island concept which featured a charming complimentary beach barbeque is gone. Carnival has brought online Amber Cove (which I like), NCL HC.

Ironically I agree that the prices at Landshark are unusually low for that sort of joint in

Central America. When I first saw the menu, I thought it had NCL's imprimateur all over it.

Once again I am asking, how much are passengers being charged by means of port charges for this opportunity to spend money ashore with no reasonable way off the island?

I may not understand the question...the prices per cabin seem in line with other cruises not coming to HC and similar to last years prices. I don't know how anyone could break down any port charges.

True, this is not Stirrup Caye...and only people who have been there would know the difference. This to me is an island excursion like Little French Caye in Roatan, except you don't have to pay anything to enjoy it if you don't want to... If you don't like the island experience or want something different, you will have to pay for NCL excursions for now. That's just the way I see it...

Anyone have any info on the electric boats? I only could reserve one boat over a month ago, they hold 2 people and there is 6 in our group. Maybe they will have more available when we get there possibly through shore excursions on the ship or maybe on HC.

I have some photos in the Dawn Live thread - we loved them! When we showed up at our excursion time, all of the electric boats were already out. They had to go fetch another from somewhere else (maybe up on shore somewhere). For the cost - it's a bargain for 2 people.

df7fbb99da0eabb65cd404df4918e065.jpg

1d16eb3bcfb6d71447a6a7fe9853ea99.jpg

009b9322415cfe328a33e83e91945796.jpg

Thankfully, decisions can be made about which ship to book, sail on, and eventually take in the Caribbean based on the views of those who have visited HC and posted here.

I have some photos in the Dawn Live thread - we loved them! When we showed up at our excursion time, all of the electric boats were already out. They had to go fetch another from somewhere else (maybe up on shore somewhere). For the cost - it's a bargain for 2 people.

Thanks DougOut. I hope we can all get to use the boats.

These look so good! What is the excursion booking online called for them? My HC excursions aren't showing yet

Here is the current Harvest Caye excursion list. The ones with the boats are listed here.

https://www.ncl.com/excursions/search?N=4294967008+4294964822&Nao=0&Ne=8057&Ns=p_Shorex_Search_Weight%7C0%7C%7Cp_Shorex_Title%7C0&Nu=p_Shorex_Package_Id&_=1481572170588#tab_detail

Edited by norway olin

Thanks! Looks like its the 'electric float boat' one? Definitely going to book this

I'm confused. I see pics on here of nice wooden cabana things. People say they are $100 an hour. Heard max 6 ppl. Saw list of what's included....

comes with the cabana:

The price includes:

*Golf cart too/from

*Cheese and fruit plates

*Bottled waters

*Sound system

*Bathroom with shower

*Outdoor showers

*Butler/concierge

On my NCL excursions booking page I see other cabanas. Look like white canvas? and say $330 for the day.

Can someone help me understand?

I'm confused. I see pics on here of nice wooden cabana things. People say they are $100 an hour. Heard max 6 ppl. Saw list of what's included....

comes with the cabana:

The price includes:

*Golf cart too/from

*Cheese and fruit plates

*Bottled waters

*Sound system

*Bathroom with shower

*Outdoor showers

*Butler/concierge

On my NCL excursions booking page I see other cabanas. Look like white canvas? and say $330 for the day.

Can someone help me understand?

The large wooden cabanas are on a private beach and have all what's listed and rent for around $495 for all day. The small white canvas cabanas are near the pool and rent for like $200 a day. Nothing rents by the hour that I am aware of. They control how many people can go to the private beach cabanas with wrist bands.