Navigator... No Sorrento's Pizza !

EDL

Hi all, is it true Navigator does not have a Sorrento's Pizza Parlour ?

What my alternatives for snack food ?

I know their pizza is not legendary but hey it fills a gap and soaks up the beer..

Is windjammer 24 hrs ?

Shocked and stunned Ed from Belfast Cruise Ship Watch.

correct. no pizza. it does still have the Promenade cafe offerings.

no WJ is NOT 24 hours. it will shut down between each meal for at least 2 hours to clean/prep for the next.

hours for each meal will vary esp on Port days.

there is always room service.( fee imposed between midnight and 5 am)

Hi all, is it true Navigator does not have a Sorrento's Pizza Parlour ?

What my alternatives for snack food ?

I know their pizza is not legendary but hey it fills a gap and soaks up the beer..

Is windjammer 24 hrs ?

Shocked and stunned Ed from Belfast Cruise Ship Watch.

Don't order from room service.

1450458661272.jpg.6e10dd01c50e4c828c15af7182f9d7e7.jpg

no WJ is NOT 24 hours. it will shut down between each meal for at least 2 hours to clean/prep for the next.

Every promenade cafe we've seen has had pizza.

The Voyager class ships have pizza (plus other stuff) available 24/7 at the cafe on the promenade. There are generally 3 different flavours of pizza, namely mozerella, pepperoni and another that I can't remember.

They don't have daily specials like Sorrento? Haven't done a Voyager in years

Every promenade cafe we've seen has had pizza.

On the Freedom and Oasis class ships pizza is moved out of the Cafe Promenade and into Sorrentos. This was a really good move when they designed Freedom as it created two food venues on either end of the Royal Promenade and helped a lot with lines and crowding.

And it shuts down between 9-9:30 PM for the night on most ships. I've heard that this might be different on the Quantum class ships but I'm not sure.

Navigator followed us about the whole cruise while I was on Freedom last April. I overheard a guy in the theater talking about how he had been on Navigator several times and how much better Navigator pizza was and how bad Freedoms Sorrentos pizza sucked. Its all subjective but you may not be missing anything by not having a Sorrentos.

Navigator followed us about the whole cruise while I was on Freedom last April. I overheard a guy in the theater talking about how he had been on Navigator several times and how much better Navigator pizza was and how bad Freedoms Sorrentos pizza sucked. Its all subjective but you may not be missing anything by not having a Sorrentos.

You can improve the Sorrento pizza by having them stick it back in oven for a couple of minutes

On most ships, this is not the case at all. WJ usually opens at 7 am on sea days (perhaps 6 am on port days) and stays open all the way through the day until about 5 pm, when it closes completely until dinner. The rest of the day they simply close down specific stations as they transition from breakfast to lunch, and from lunch to afternoon snacks. When we were on Oasis, they closed at 3:30 or so until dinner time.

On the Freedom and Oasis class ships pizza is moved out of the Cafe Promenade and into Sorrentos. This was a really good move when they designed Freedom as it created two food venues on either end of the Royal Promenade and helped a lot with lines and crowding.

Yeah, I meant the ships that don't have a seperate Sorrentos:)

It was available in the Cafe Promenade, but somehow we went the entire six nights without trying it. I think it just wasn't very appealing because we could not smell it baking. Plus all of the other food was cold, and the pizza didn't look like it would be hot either.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

I have been on NAV and just got off LIB. Sorrentos was a hundred times better than NAV's and even then it was barely Little Ceaser's or CiCis quality

I have been on NAV and just got off LIB. Sorrentos was a hundred times better than NAV's and even then it was barely Little Ceaser's or CiCis quality

I wish it was up to CiCi's standards. ;)

For the love of God, how hard is it to make an edible pizza?

FWIW, the Coastal Kitchen flatbreads are really good

Edited by John&LaLa

OP, funny you bring this up! Pizza is our go to late night snack to soak up some drinks. It's also a big fav with the kids at night as well. After being in Freedom class three times, we're too used to having pizza offered.

We are on the Navigator in April and I made sure that I could get pizza somewhere! Was very glad a while back to find out that it is offered in the cafe promenade!

Dan