Carnival to Roll Out For-Fee Room Service Fleetwide

LauraS

Just adding to the nickle and diming ways to come

It's optional so quit complaining. Other options are still no charge, just higher end stuff like wings and stuff..

it was on the Conquest last week, and looked pretty good, but I didn't order anything, and wasn't forced to...

Edited by poison7fl

It's optional so quit complaining. Other options are still no charge, just higher end stuff like wings and stuff..

it was on the Conquest last week, and looked pretty good, but I didn't order anything, and wasn't forced to...

I agree it is about options.

Some may call it "nickel & diming". It looks like "cafeteria cruising " to me. Lower price to board compared to many other lines. Then you pay for the extras.

JMHO

Charlie

Might want to check to see if those other cruise lines already charge for this, but that is just my opinion as well. They are the ones that have blazed the added prices for lots of things, not Carnival.

I feel the exact same way. As long as the whole room service menu doesn't go "for a fee", then I'm totally OK with this. Nobody's MAKING me order the things that cost however much they cost.

Same here. People will complain about anything. :rolleyes:

We are room service people, so this change adds a little extra fun for us. We will still mostly order the free items though. Not seeing the problem.

Just got off the Conquest yesterday and the Conquest the week before. Both ships had the new room service menu.

We tried the chicken quesadillas, chicken wings and sweet potato fries. I liked the wings and fries the most and thought the chicken quesadillas were just average.

I did order some of my favorite free items and liked having the option of being able to order the other item.

They charge for something as simple as french fries and chicken tenders but deli sandwiches are still free. Not that i'm complaining about sandwiches are still free, I just figured deli sandwiches would have been targeted first for a fee instead of french fries.

$5 for chicken tenders they should be like Chick-fil-a strips and not processed meat molded into a tender shape. Should be a decent basket of them too.

Was anything removed from the previous list? Or changed to the new for fee list?

Shrimp salad on French roll

Mozzarella & Portobello mushrooms on focaccia

Roasted new York strip loin and cheddar cheese on French bread

Chicken fajita, guacamole with greens in a jalapeño & tomato wrap

Hot pastrami sandwich on rye bread

Shrimp salad on French roll

Mozzarella & Portobello mushrooms on focaccia

Roasted new York strip loin and cheddar cheese on French bread

Chicken fajita, guacamole with greens in a jalapeño & tomato wrap

Hot pastrami sandwich on rye bread

Some of my favorites.:mad:

I'm good with this, as long as they don't start moving some of the complimentary items to the "for-fee" menu.

I am as well. I mean at least there are still options that are free. Isn't in NCL that completely did away with free room service all together? I don't need the paid options, but I do still like the idea that I can get the free options if I so choose.

Love the New carnival marketing plan. Serve crappy room service food and then charge if you want anything decent.

They have already done this in the dining room now they are doing it with room service.

Do not buy this food unless you want more of this Nickle and Dimeing.