Is this true?

jerseygirl3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153751280867310&set=gm.1257743740907524&type=3&theater

I love children, but I'm shocked that Celebrity is going to be allowing children this young (especially under 5 free of charge) into the specialty restaurants. I cannot see a toddler sitting through dinner at Murano.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153751280867310&set=gm.1257743740907524&type=3&theater

I love children, but I'm shocked that Celebrity is going to be allowing children this young (especially under 5 free of charge) into the specialty restaurants. I cannot see a toddler sitting through dinner at Murano.

Comes up as content not available.

The web site age policies tells you to check with guest services, it used to have the ages for the restaurants but no longer does. The ebrochures have not been changed they still list 12 yrs old for the Murano Type restaurants. This of course will eventually be irrelevant on the M class ships since they will all be gone, changed to Tuscan.

Comes up as content not available.

Kids ages 6-12 will dine for lunch & dinner at our specialty restaurants at a discounted rate of $10 from

the standard dinner menu.

• Ages 5 and under will dine for free.

• Children will be able to dine from the standard dinner menu in each restaurant. In Tuscan Grille,

there’s also a separate “Italian Favorites” menu that children can choose from if they’d prefer for

the same price.

• Children’s pricing not available for premium experiences including Chef’s Table, Connoisseur

dinners, Food and Wine pairing dinners, Top Chef Dinner, etc.

• For pre-cruise purchases guests need to book at full price and once onboard we will apply an

onboard credit accordingly (5 years and under full cover charge credit; 6 years to 12 years at

discounted rate).

• Note that the cover charge for Bistro on Five is $10 for all guests, so the only children’s pricing will

be for children age 5 and under (free).

Kids ages 6-12 will dine for lunch & dinner at our specialty restaurants at a discounted rate of $10 from

the standard dinner menu.

• Ages 5 and under will dine for free.

• Children will be able to dine from the standard dinner menu in each restaurant. In Tuscan Grille,

there’s also a separate “Italian Favorites” menu that children can choose from if they’d prefer for

the same price.

• Children’s pricing not available for premium experiences including Chef’s Table, Connoisseur

dinners, Food and Wine pairing dinners, Top Chef Dinner, etc.

• For pre-cruise purchases guests need to book at full price and once onboard we will apply an

onboard credit accordingly (5 years and under full cover charge credit; 6 years to 12 years at

discounted rate).

• Note that the cover charge for Bistro on Five is $10 for all guests, so the only children’s pricing will

be for children age 5 and under (free).

In reality the only change in age policy then is in the Murano type restaurants since they did not have an age limit on any of the other restaurants. This will only really effect the S class ships eventually. Guess they need to change the ebrouchures which still have a 12 yr. old limit on Murano, et al. I do agree though that it might be a problem for a really young child in Murano. It is nice to see some families getting a bit of a break on the food though.

Edited by dkjretired

This is great news :) my seven year old grand daughter will sit through a long meal without any fuss and loves to order for herself and be served. We've done all the specialities with her apart from Murano but it can be expensive. One night in Tuscan she asked for pizza from the buffet, which they kindly gave her, she had berries to start and ice cream for dessert but we still paid full for her, which was fine but still a bit ouch lol

She would love Murano too! I'm not sure they should do away totally with the age restriction in there though. :rolleyes: last year someone tried to sell us Murano and said she could join us, we didn't think it was fair on other diners though even though she's well behaved as when you go there you expect no under 12's.

This is great news. Does anyone know if it is effective immediately and on what ships? We are taking our first celebrity cruise next week (Jan 2 Reflection) and our two kids (4 and 6) will be with us. I have my birthday while on board and thought we could do a nice alternative dinner for that night but couldn't see paying $45 each for my kids. We were thinking Tuscan would probably be a good fit for us. Thanks so much

Edited by flcruisechick16

Flame me if you will, but I don't think Murano is appropriate for children. We pay a very premium price to dine there, in a quiet, elegant atmosphere, but when you start adding young kids, many of whom will not tolerate this kind of experience, and parents who seem to think that everything their little precious does is wonderful, including banging flatware, crawling under tables and running around tables, well, there goes the lovely dinner.

Flame me if you will, but I don't think Murano is appropriate for children. We pay a very premium price to dine there, in a quiet, elegant atmosphere, but when you start adding young kids, many of whom will not tolerate this kind of experience, and parents who seem to think that everything their little precious does is wonderful, including banging flatware, crawling under tables and running around tables, well, there goes the lovely dinner.

OMG! Just imagine if they are children from the Northeast. :eek: j/k :)

No one cares where the kids are from, as that makes absolutely no difference. But to add to what I wrote before, I also can't see kids liking anything on the Murano menu, and knowing how busy the staff is in that venue, I don't think it's fair to expect them to run around getting "kid food" from other restaurants. I mean, if the child won't eat anything from the menu, why take them there in the first place?

No one cares where the kids are from, as that makes absolutely no difference. But to add to what I wrote before, I also can't see kids liking anything on the Murano menu, and knowing how busy the staff is in that venue, I don't think it's fair to expect them to run around getting "kid food" from other restaurants. I mean, if the child won't eat anything from the menu, why take them there in the first place?

Sorry, my mistake...it is "Cruise Kitty" who does not care for peeps from the northeast.

Edited by 20pluscruises

I don't think Murano is suitable for very small children either. Under eights maybe, although my grand daughter would have been fine at six, not all children are able to sit nicely through a long meal. Unfortunately there are some parents who think their little darlings can do no wrong and running round a restaurant screaming is normal behaviour. It's very difficult though because some children would enjoy the experience.

This is great news. Does anyone know if it is effective immediately and on what ships? We are taking our first celebrity cruise next week (Jan 2 Reflection) and our two kids (4 and 6) will be with us. I have my birthday while on board and thought we could do a nice alternative dinner for that night but couldn't see paying $45 each for my kids. We were thinking Tuscan would probably be a good fit for us. Thanks so much

I would recommend that you consider either Tuscan or The Lawn Club Grill on Reflection.both are more family friendly and there are menu items the kids would like. Helping make the flatbread at. Lawn Club Grill could be fun.

I have stated on these boards before that I believe Celebrity is not only trying to attract younger passengers but is also trying to discourage older passengers.

My wife and I love to dance, but were finding it hard to do couples dancing to the music late one evening because of the type of music that they were playing. I had heard that same band do a song that my wife loves and I requested that song. Right after I asked, a young lady about 10 years old also requested a song. Her song was the next one that they played and they never got to the one that I requested for the rest of that set, so we left.

It is relevant to explain that it was about 11:30 pm. I would expect 10-year- olds to be asleep at that hour, so it was my assumption that Celebrity staff have been told to cater to the youngest passenger that they can, regardless of venue. That would also explain their not worrying about what older passengers think of 5-year-olds in their best restaurants.

I believe now that "Modern Luxury" means "Eschew Elegance & Eliminate Elder Excursionists", which is fine because I still have Cunard and Crystal and am willing to pay for them. In the long run, Celebrity will have what they are targeting -- a younger average age for their customers.

I have only one more X cruise reserved and it will probably be my last with them. Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

I cannot imagine people paying the cover charges for these restaurants for their kids however, there will be those who have the specialty dining as a perk who may bring the children. If the kids are well behaved, I see no issue with them dining in Murano's or the like.:D

It all comes down to adults taking responsibility. As others have said, our son would have enjoyed and behaved well in Murano's when he was young but other children may not. Parents need to be the responsible adults and decide if their child can sit long enough to enjoy.

I would add we have loved all our dining experiences in specialities, often with children present, but for two...One on another line when a large and demanding group were being catered for and the few other diners in the restaurant consequently got very poor service and a loud atmosphere. The other was in Tuscan some years ago when a rather drunk middle aged lady was complaining loudly to everyone about her meal. Her behaviour was more unpleasant than that of a bored child.

I am sure that if one looks at the bigger picture there will not be a real issue with children in Murano's. Firstly parents are not going to want to pay that sort of pricing unless they are sure their child can cope. Children's clubs and babysitting are also options for parents to dine without their little ones. If parents do choose Murano's for a family meal they are more likely to book early evening.

i don't think that many families will use Murano's and will hope that those who do have considered the venue and are confident it is appropriate for their youngsters.

I really don't care who is dining where -- as long as their behavior is in step with the location. I will continue to cruise when I believe that the amount of children onboard will be at a minimum. I have no problems complaining about the lack of a quiet dining atmosphere - should it be unruly children or adults.

I cannot imagine people paying the cover charges for these restaurants for their kids however, there will be those who have the specialty dining as a perk who may bring the children. If the kids are well behaved, I see no issue with them dining in Murano's or the like.:D

The new pricing for kids 6-12 is $10.00

And it does not include items on the speciality restaurant menu.

I would think this would allow more people with children to attend that would not attend otherwise. Good business move.

According to the post above it does include the Specialty restaurant menu....

Children will be able to dine from the standard dinner menu in each restaurant.

Key word there is Each