Room Service Tipping

EJPhilly

I always get the tip ready and put it near the door.. sometimes in the holder for the do not disturb sign... or have it sorted and in my pocket so the handoff can be quick and easy.

Beyond that, I agree with previous answers... 2-5 is a good number that seems to be standard.

No, room service is not included in the auto daily gratuity.

It most certainly is included.

Q: How is the automatic daily gratuity shared between members of the staff and crew?

image: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/s.gif

A:

The automatic gratuity is $12.95 USD, or $15.95 USD for suite guests, applied to each guest's SeaPass® account on a daily basis. Here's how it is shared between your onboard service team:

Dining & Culinary Services: $7.75 USD

Stateroom Attendant: $3.85 USD OR Suite Attendant: $6.10 USD

Other Housekeeping Services: $1.35 USD OR Housekeeping and Suite Services: $2.10 USD

Edited by cruzsnooze

We might have to order breakfast a couple of mornings before our Excursions, what do you generally tip?

Thanks

We always order breakfast every morning on cruises and I always give $2. We just get danishes and coffee.

It most certainly is included.

Q: How is the automatic daily gratuity shared between members of the staff and crew?

image: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/s.gif

A:

The automatic gratuity is $12.95 USD, or $15.95 USD for suite guests, applied to each guest's SeaPass® account on a daily basis. Here's how it is shared between your onboard service team:

Dining & Culinary Services: $7.75 USD

Stateroom Attendant: $3.85 USD OR Suite Attendant: $6.10 USD

Other Housekeeping Services: $1.35 USD OR Housekeeping and Suite Services: $2.10 USD

http://www.royalcareersatsea.com/pages/culinary

Edited by FLACRUISER99

No I do not since it's included in the auto daily gratuity and I don't feel it's necessary to double tip.

DH and I look at the culinary services that are provided as the normal eateries/restaurants/bars around the ship that would be included in the standard auto tip. Therefore we tip extra because the service of room service is a separate service, in our opinion.

From our POV a tip of $2 -$5 depending upon what is ordered, seems reasonable and just fine.

Everyone is entitled to their interpretation of what 'culinary services' are in the dispensing of the automatic daily gratuity.

We tip depending on speed. If they're early, they get double of what they get if they're w/in the first 15 minutes. If it's late, they still get a tip.

On one cruise, our steward brought our room service.

We usually do room service on shore excursion or scenic cruising days. As Diamond Plus, it behooves us to stir our stumps down to the MDR if they have a special set-up for us.

We might have to order breakfast a couple of mornings before our Excursions, what do you generally tip?

Thanks

I order coffee every morning for my wife. She like a cup while she gets ready. I always tip as the kids that bring the order are always friendly, smiling and the service prompt.

We feel like tipping for room service as they are walking up and down the hallways. It just feels to us like they have earnt a thank you. You don't have to, but the question by the OP: "what what do you generally tip?" So no answer is right or wrong. Hey, I am even an Aussie and I tip them! Usually a couple of dollars in our case, more if it is a bigger order.

Edited by goodycruising