Carnival rising prices

Jimmy Geegitz

Carnival is trying to think of themselves as a real cruise line instead of remembering what they are. The Wal Mart of cruising. There is nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed sailing carnival because of the prices. You can't increase your fares and not offer anything new and still have the same old boats. I am platinum and have looked elsewhere. NCL had some great no supplement for solos in January. I booked one. Carnival has to compete. It has to understand offering the same price or higher then real cruise lines people will choose the other line.

Carnival is trying to think of themselves as a real cruise line instead of remembering what they are. The Wal Mart of cruising. There is nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed sailing carnival because of the prices. You can't increase your fares and not offer anything new and still have the same old boats. I am platinum and have looked elsewhere. NCL had some great no supplement for solos in January. I booked one. Carnival has to compete. It has to understand offering the same price or higher then real cruise lines people will choose the other line.

Whoa! Carnival is not a "real" cruise line? Oh my. Been cruising with them since the 90's and I did not know that. Well I'm one that will not choose a real cruise line even if Carnival is higher.

Yo Podna,

#1 you obviously don't understand sarcasm. #2 you have to get an open mind.

If Rccl or NCL are offering cheaper cruises with perks, like free beverage or dining and the price is the same or cheaper you have to look into it. I am not loyal to carnival(platinum) because of their beautiful fantasy class ships. I liked that I could cruise on them for a week for less then $400. I have a 7 day Western Caribbean on NCL for $600 with a drink package. Its a no brainer and its not a fantasy class ship. There is no harm in looking at other venues.

I didn't get the sarcasm either. Indeed it can be hard to pull of in written form.

I for one have no problem shopping around. But clearly these deals are not to be found in the Summer when we cruise. Neither NCL or Royal is less when matched trip for trip from any port or date that I've checked. If you find a good deal, go for it. I don't get why threads like these always have to morph into a bunch of insults and arguing.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I for one have no problem shopping around. .... If you find a good deal, go for it.

I agree.

I don't understand people who are blindly loyal to one company. Its too easy with just a few clicks of a mouse to see everything available from everyone else. How could additional information be "bad"?

It seems like a lot of the competitors are throwing in beverage packages. This is huge for drinkers. Even if the price is slightly higher. Your still getting package for a lot less.

It certainly is something to consider.....makes you wonder why they are doing it tho.......

It certainly is something to consider.....makes you wonder why they are doing it tho.......

Bev cost to cruise line is a lot lower than drink package retail value. Plus it is a good marketing tool to get business.

But I think the point was.....why do they have to use it to get the business?

If, based on some posters here, Carnival's product is poor and other cruise line products are a better value, then why do those better cruise lines need to offer a beverage package to attract cruisers?

I don't know but find it interesting.

Is anyone here suggesting Carnival is having a problem filling their ships based on their current product?

But I think the point was.....why do they have to use it to get the business?

If, based on some posters here, Carnival's product is poor and other cruise line products are a better value, then why do those better cruise lines need to offer a beverage package to attract cruisers?

I don't know but find it interesting.

Is anyone here suggesting Carnival is having a problem filling their ships based on their current product?

Go look at their latest stock review by Wells Fargo. Profitability is way up and far exceeded estimates. They are doing just fine. Significantly less cabin price discounting than in the past. As in comparison, Celebrity and NCL are down significantly, see any correlation?

Carnivals pricing is getting way out of hand, I'm sure the cheerleaders have no problem with it because they are so "dedicated" to their brand lol. Those who know better are looking elsewhere and finding some good deals with other cruise lines. Carnival's pricing has gone way up and the quality has gone way down, no thanks. People will eventually figure it out.

Carnivals pricing is getting way out of hand, I'm sure the cheerleaders have no problem with it because they are so "dedicated" to their brand lol. Those who know better are looking elsewhere and finding some good deals with other cruise lines. Carnival's pricing has gone way up and the quality has gone way down, no thanks. People will eventually figure it out.

Shhh, they thought their secret was safe until you spoiled it. Where is this "way up" pricing??? So, based upon your "view" with a week or so it will only be the cheerleaders left. Must be a bunch of "them" I guess....

Go look at their latest stock review by Wells Fargo. Profitability is way up and far exceeded estimates. They are doing just fine. Significantly less cabin price discounting than in the past. As in comparison, Celebrity and NCL are down significantly, see any correlation?

Yeah!! Time to book NCL and Celebrity and get a lower price AND FREE DRINKS!!!

carnivals pricing is getting way out of hand, i'm sure the cheerleaders have no problem with it because they are so "dedicated" to their brand lol. Those who know better are looking elsewhere and finding some good deals with other cruise lines. Carnival's pricing has gone way up and the quality has gone way down, no thanks. People will eventually figure it out.

get a clue and pour the koolaid out !!

We are researching a cruise for May. I had 6 ships from 3 different cruise lines that met the criteria we were looking for when we started looking. 3 CCL, 2 NCL, 1 RCCL. I haven't been able to book yet due to health issues...will need to wait until I have a CT Scan next month to see if I will be able to. In the mean time I have been tracking prices on these 6 cruises since July (I got sick in August)and as some of them kept going up and up in price they fell off my list, some fell off because we narrowed down our search to drivable ports due to my illness. We are now down to 1 CCL ship which is actually the only ship that has gone down since I started watching prices...all the others went up by hundreds of dollars. I was looking at price and OBC once embarkation port and itinerary narrowed down our choices. Drink, dining, and internet packages are not benefits to us as we don't drink much (I can't drink at all now anyways), rarely eat specialty dining rooms (never find the need to), and if the kids (18 and 21) want internet they can purchase it themselves, DH and I don't need it if they are traveling with us which is the plan.

I just love it when people say others don't do their research....I believe most do. They are just comparing prices for what they want, when they can go and if they are like us, must of the time Carnival comes out on top. Carnival is not my favorite cruise line, but I do enjoy sailing them. It is DH's favorite line. You say quality has gone down and prices have gone up. That is all subjective. I haven't noticed a decrease in quality. I have seen prices go up...on every line I have looked at, but Carnival was still the lowest price for when we could go, the itinerary, and embarkation port we wanted. We have sailed other lines. But on those vacations other things like the ship, itinerary, or embarkation port were more of a deciding factor than the price.

Been hearing this people will figure it out bs for years now. But yet Carnival's bookings are stronger right now. And I guess because I do love the product Carnival puts out there I'm a cheerleader that can't figure it out. Oh well rah rah rah.

We are researching a cruise for May. I had 6 ships from 3 different cruise lines that met the criteria we were looking for when we started looking. 3 CCL, 2 NCL, 1 RCCL. I haven't been able to book yet due to health issues...will need to wait until I have a CT Scan next month to see if I will be able to. In the mean time I have been tracking prices on these 6 cruises since July (I got sick in August)and as some of them kept going up and up in price they fell off my list, some fell off because we narrowed down our search to drivable ports due to my illness. We are now down to 1 CCL ship which is actually the only ship that has gone down since I started watching prices...all the others went up by hundreds of dollars. I was looking at price and OBC once embarkation port and itinerary narrowed down our choices. Drink, dining, and internet packages are not benefits to us as we don't drink much (I can't drink at all now anyways), rarely eat specialty dining rooms (never find the need to), and if the kids (18 and 21) want internet they can purchase it themselves, DH and I don't need it if they are traveling with us which is the plan.

I just love it when people say others don't do their research....I believe most do. They are just comparing prices for what they want, when they can go and if they are like us, must of the time Carnival comes out on top. Carnival is not my favorite cruise line, but I do enjoy sailing them. It is DH's favorite line. You say quality has gone down and prices have gone up. That is all subjective. I haven't noticed a decrease in quality. I have seen prices go up...on every line I have looked at, but Carnival was still the lowest price for when we could go, the itinerary, and embarkation port we wanted. We have sailed other lines. But on those vacations other things like the ship, itinerary, or embarkation port were more of a deciding factor than the price.

Most importantly, I hope your health improves soon. In regards to pricing and Carnival I think you hit the nail on the head.

Yeah!! Time to book NCL and Celebrity and get a lower price AND FREE DRINKS!!!

Those FREE DRINKS you are touting require you pay the 18% gratuity (on NCL). Not so free and for me, not even worth the 18% gratuity. I've spent 28 nights on NCL ships and you can have them.

Edited by Who Cares?

MSC cruise lines have a new loyalty transfer program.if you a diamond on carnival you get the same perks with msc.my wife is a commordore on princess,so on msc she would get a minibar,150 min. Wi-Fi,free laundry and other perks .they only sail out of Miami though

MSC cruise lines have a new loyalty transfer program.if you a diamond on carnival you get the same perks with msc.my wife is a commordore on princess,so on msc she would get a minibar,150 min. Wi-Fi,free laundry and other perks .they only sail out of Miami though

So you can go on MSC for the first time and get frequent cruiser perks, because of your loyalty to Carnival? Interesting. Never heard of anything like that

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Example how crazy overpriced Carnival is getting. While researching cruise for Feb 2017. Carnival Vista balcony for 2 people. $2900 includes $125 OBC and all taxes ports fees etc. It is an 8 day cruise. On Celebrity. 7 day cruise. Balcony for 2 people. $2100 including all taxes and ports fees. PLUS it includes drink package for 2 PLUS $300 OBC. For 1 less day your talking almost $2000. That's more than a few extra bucks

I would NEVER pay 2900 for a balcony.. period.