Carnival rising prices

Jimmy Geegitz

what some people actually believe. Supply and demand is the biggest myth in economics. Google DeBeers. That concept only applies when demand can not be manipulated. Corporate America has kept you fooled for years. Sick actually, of talking to stupid people who need a cure for Dunning-Kruger syndrome. Look it up.

As far as prices go, well, heh-in about a month you will be begged to buy seven- dayers for $399. Hang tight. The economy may or may not be collapsing, but you don't wipe out $2 trillion dollars of wealth without a hit to the expendable cash niches.

Hotels that normally run for $149 a night in Kemah area are going for $65 on Priceline. Search it, the cancellations are already starting. So is this good or, uh, not good. Well poor people are poor in a bad economy, and a good economy, so for most, they will feel it in a trickle down way, barring total depression. Realistically if you can hang onto your job during a downturn, an argument can be made it is positive for you. IF. Prices drop, savings rates increase, and crowds thin. I already have the heads up to wait, BTW. Now I just need to wait for some know-it-all to tell me I am wrong..5, 4, 3..

You may not have to wait long. There are know it alls all over this board. Some even call out the others.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

what some people actually believe. Supply and demand is the biggest myth in economics. Google DeBeers. That concept only applies when supply can not be manipulated. Corporate America has kept you fooled for years. Sick actually, of talking to stupid people who need a cure for Dunning-Kruger syndrome. Look it up.

As far as prices go, well, heh-in about a month you will be begged to buy seven- dayers for $399. Hang tight. The economy may or may not be collapsing, but you don't wipe out $2 trillion dollars of wealth without a hit to the expendable cash niches.

Hotels that normally run for $149 a night in Kemah area are going for $65 on Priceline. Search it, the cancellations are already starting. So is this good or, uh, not good. Well poor people are poor in a bad economy, and a good economy, so for most, they will feel it in a trickle down way, barring total depression. Realistically if you can hang onto your job during a downturn, an argument can be made it is positive for you. IF. Prices drop, savings rates increase, and crowds thin. I already have the heads up to wait, BTW. Now I just need to wait for some know-it-all to tell me I am wrong..5, 4, 3..

What does this crazy talk have anything to do with whether Carnival offers the cheapest cruise or not?

what some people actually believe. Supply and demand is the biggest myth in economics. Google DeBeers. That concept only applies when supply can not be manipulated. Corporate America has kept you fooled for years. Sick actually, of talking to stupid people who need a cure for Dunning-Kruger syndrome. Look it up.

What a joke. :rolleyes:

So let's see...... You start off with "what some people believe" and end with "Now I need to wait for some know-it-all to tell me I am wrong". No, we are fine and respect you total knowledge and accept that......NOT

Very similar thread on the RCCL boards right now.

Now, we all know RCCL is ridiculously higher than Carnival, but a lot of them are jumping ship and headed to MSC (Divina) mostly....

Again, we are not really comparing apples to apples here, but still a pretty interesting thread.

Now, we all know RCCL is ridiculously higher than Carnival, but a lot of them are jumping ship and headed to MSC (Divina) mostly....

Again, we are not really comparing apples to apples here, but still a pretty interesting thread.

LOL, I actually enjoy it, just commenting on the "style" of the post. On a related topic, MSC is speaking with their wallet to add another horse to the race. We sailed on the Orchestra and while it nice, it sure was different.

I mostly cruise Carnival and all my cruises are out of Florida ports. All of my price comparisons are from Florida ports and I find that most definitely that Carnival prices have risen. Even though Carnival's prices have risen, I also find that Carnival almost always has the cheapest fares..

I love carnival, but this thread is true. Last January, we booked 2 celebrity cruises because we got the 123go promo ($200 obc, free drinks, and free gratuities)-we booked a 5 and a 6 day cruise aqua class balcony for $750 each. No brainer for us.

Then...because we have added cost to fly, we figured we'd tack on a cruise before. I kept pricing out 3 day cruise for March on Carnival and RCCL...finally booked RCCL because it was $200 less than Carnival, and got an outside for the price of an inside, and $125 obc. For our NYE 2016 cruise, same thing-booked on RCCL because it was $300 cheaper than Carnival. Even our carnival pvp said it was a no brainer.

We still plan to cruise carnival, and I have $800 in Verizon rewards gift cards for carnival [emoji3] but, when we have to fly and plan things in advance, it's hard to catch those good deals.

We've also decided that we aren't loyal to a cruise line-we are loyal to our money.

I have noticed that prices have gone up all across the board-honestly, with celebrity's prices right now, not sure if we'd chose them either.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A lot of good points on pricing on here. I think the value of cruising secret is out and prices in general are up every line. Still some good deals out there but I think just going straight to Carnival for the best deal is no longer. The MSC Divina is looking like the best prices across the board right now. I am actually looking forward to MSC's new ship coming out. I think that will be my first MSC cruise.

MSC has gotten some fairly bad reviews, which worries me. And, I went to their website the other day and it wouldn't work! Bad omen! ;)

Anyhow, they sent me an email telling me about their deals, is what prompted me to look at their site and read some reviews. I wonder how they found me though as I've never been to their website before. Interesting stuff. Of course, I'm a cruise fanatic and haunt several cruising websites, so I guess they know me.

I've always shopped around :D I guess that is why I have sailed 3 lines and enjoyed them all, all have pros and cons. I have to say, Carnival has had the least ship amenities/entertainment of the ships I have sailed. But, if the price is right and the embarkation port, etc. suits me, I will sail Carnival.

Did just that. Cancelled my upcoming RCL cruise and switched to MSC 2 For 1 Balcony deal. Saved me $$$.

I've sailed more cruises in the January-February time frame the OP mentioned than any other time of year, and over the past few years have consistently found that Carnival's rates a year or more out (like now for February 2017) are usually much higher than the rates for the same cruise are 2-5 months out.

This past fall for this winter, I have still seen a couple Carnival January-February sailings that pass my "if it's cheaper per person/night than a room at Super 8 + 3 meals at McDonalds, it's a great deal" test. But not quite as many of the "ridiculous steals" as I've seen in previous years.