2 Parks at Disney on excursion?

e39m5

Does anyone know a bit about how the Disney express service excursion works at port canaveral?

We arrive at port canaveral 6:30am, depart at 9pm.

The excursion says it lasts 10 hours. I'm wondering if it's possible to hit two parks in that time?

I'm also considering renting a car instead of doing the excursion. More flexibility and shouldn't be too much more expensive. Has anyone ever made that work?

I personally think it would be tough to do 2 parks and see what you want to see in each park. I'm sure the 10 hrs include traveling time which is an hour each way. Then add time for parking, getting to the park which could be going on another hour. You can spend the whole day in Magic Kingdom alone and depending on the day/crowd it could mean bigger/longer lines for rides.

I would want to do Disney the right way and at a separate time to really enjoy the parks instead of watching a clock so we don't miss the ship especially for first timers to a park.

Here's a link to reviews on the excursion and majority says not enough time

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/shore-excursions/excursion/2442/

A lot depends on when you will be there (beginning of Feb vs spring break or 4th of July.)

How old are the people going? I wouldn't have done it with little ones, but my teenagers would most likely be fine.

Tickets per park are over $100 per person. To me that's a lot of money for four hours or less in each park.

the other thing to consider is how much do you want to accomplish at each park. If the excursion is ten hours, your time at the parks is at most eight hours. To get to two parks, add transportation time between parks. At least half an hour each way. A bus might not be there right away, or the first one might fill up. A taxi might be faster...I have no idea. Oh, and you need time to buy your tickets too.

If you decide to drive, it's $20 for parking, but you only pay once per day. You will need to allow time for parking lot lines and trams from the lot to the gate plus transfer time on Monorail or ferry if you go to the Magic Kingdom.

Also, if you rent a car...FL has frequent travel issues that can massively delay traffic. On the excursion, they won't leave without you.

People ask all the time about doing one park in a port day. Most say don't bother trying for one park as a rushed day makes for a miserable day. I wouldn't attempt two unless it is a once in a lifetime trip and you will never be back again.

plus a park hopper ticket costs more so theres even more money you would need to put out. the cost alone is adding up.

we do the parks a lot and I would never try for two parks in that span of time considering you have an hour each way. then if you want to park hop you need to catch a bus from one park to another and some of them you would have to get to a resort to get to another park. if you think it would be easier to drive you would need to think about the time it takes to get to your car, then get to the next park and park the car. that little bit could easily take close to another hour.

your best to do one park, theres just to much in the way of time and do you really want to take the chance that traffic is bad and you miss your sailing? way to many variables for my liking.

what ever you do, have a great time.

I've done 4 parks in one day - but that basically involved just doing one or two rides at each park. Two parks in a day is no big deal - I've done Magic Kingdom and EPCOT in the same day.

However there is no way that you could do 2 parks justice in that time. It would just be a quick look at a few of the highlights. My multi-park trips were only done after I was already very familiar with them.

I don't think you really have time to experience 1 park...let alone 2! From the time you get to the parking area, it can take another 30 mins (or more) to actually get INTO the park....

I would save Disneyworld for a land-based vacation of at least a week!

I live in Orlando, and have annual passes to Disney, so I am very familiar with the parks and the roads. Please do not waste your money trying to do this. Seriously, what you are attempting to do would be so stressful and incredibly expensive, and very risky for missing the ship due to a traffic tie up on the highway leading to the port.

Yes, it can be done if that is what you want to do. If I were to do this, I would:

1. Rent a car

2. Go to Epcot 1st, arriving before park opening

3. Go straight to the most popular ride you want to ride the most, then ride others afterwards.

4. Have lunch at Epcot (make advance reservations if you want to eat at a sit down restaurant)

5. Take the monorail from Epcot to Magic Kingdom after lunch

6. Get advance fast pass reservations for 3 rides at Magic Kingdom

7. Take monorail back to Epcot to pick up car.

Be sure to leave plenty of time for the monorail ride back, getting to your car and the drive back to port to drop off the rental car.

it will definitely not be the most relaxing of days but it can be done and it can be fun!

I cruised on Disney Wonder four years ago and we stopped at Port Canaveral and at that time our excursion to Disneyworld was included with the cruise. I have frequented the parks several times and all I wanted to do was hit the highlights and ride a few rides. I got the first bus out, visited all 4 parks, only rode on rides with 10min or less wait (Feb. off season) and just took in the sights. Full disclosure that I walk fast, know my way around and how to use the transportation system. To other posts I fully agree it doesn't do justice to hops parks in such a manner but if your ticket is all inclusive and all you want is to get a "feel" for the parks than it can be done. I caught the next to last bus back to ship and it was an exhausting day but that's just the way I roll.

Jim C.

You could easily do Epcot, walk out the international gateway at the back of the world showcase, and take a ferry or walk to the studios. However, a park hopper pass would cost $50 extra, whether you bought it for one day or ten days.

Whatever you decide to do, as soon as you buy your ticket, download the my Disney experience app, and make fastpass+ reservations so you can guarantee access to 3 rides or experiences with minimal wait. You can reserve additional rides at the parks after the first three are completed.

I work for Disney and I agree with kccrzr's suggestion. Depending on where you are from if this is a once in a while trip, I would hit the highlights and they have outlined a fantastic day. Yes, it will be more to add on park hoppers and yes it will be a busy day, but I think you know this already! The key is the advanced reservations for fast passes at MK and dining at Epcot. If you purchase your tickets in advance you can do all of these things online or in the my Disney exp app. Have a great time!

I don't think you really have time to experience 1 park...let alone 2! From the time you get to the parking area, it can take another 30 mins (or more) to actually get INTO the park....

I would save Disneyworld for a land-based vacation of at least a week!

Exactly ditto from my perspective.

My response is for if you try doing it on your own as I do not know anything about the Disney express service excursion. Maybe that includes priority lines in parks etc. What is the cost of that excursion and is it offering two parks?

The simple answer for doing two parks within the time frame on your own is yes it can be done.

Does it make sense to me. NO.

The parks are not cheap, $100 + per person. taking in to the time to and from the ship to the park. Doing one park is still going to be rushed far less trying to do two.

Which park to do? That depends on ages of the people. If it's adults only i would say EPCOT as they have some decent restaurants and drinks available.

If you want fine dining do your research and pre book.

If you like the water park theme then i Highly recommend Blizzard beach. Great fun there.

My wife and I did the Disney Express excursion last April 2015 while on the Quantum OTS.....If your ship arrives at 630am, likely the first bus will not leave Port Canaveral until 730-800am, an hour and a half to the old "Ticket and Transportation Center" , where the bus dropped you off. If not familiar, it is near the Polynesian Hotel and where the River boat goes back and forth to the MK. and where the Monorail to MK and EPCOT join. From there you could take the Monorail to the Magic Kingdom or to EPCOT. I would only do one park unless you can just go-go-go. We are Disney Annual Pass holders so tickets were no issue and we even made some Fast Pass ride reservations before the trip. We did the MK at our leisure, even went to the Polynesian Hotel for a drink. The bus left about 500pm but I believe our ship left at 7 or 800pm. So if you are Disney people and very familiar with the parks...go for it. Remember the boat does not wait if you miss your bus!