Who are the great rci reviewers?

Mkehlb

If you are going on Allure or Oasis this review by harryfat1 is a must read.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2146596

Totally agree! A fantastic review with lots of pictures, sense of humor, and sharing his experience from a family point of view (for those coming with kids).

Others that come to mind as well are radio (just wrote one), Mitsugirly is great for Caribbean specific experiences (her review along made me sign up for Nassau excursion and is helping with St Thomas beach selection). There have been some other great ones. If you said the alias name, I would remember but I don't remember offhand.

I will be going on my 1st RCI cruise in 1/17. Whose reviews should I look for? I am familiar with Gambee, Mitsugirly, Jamman, Wrigley 80 and Kylenyc from other boards, but who are the RCI stars? Thanks.

I see you're in Virginia. If you're going on the Grandeur of the Seas, out of Baltimore, I'm a good person to consult as I was on the ship in October.

Sorry, there may be an obvious answer to this but....how do you find a specific member review?

There are a lot of suggestions for reading great reviews but after trying a search for a member's name (and it not working), I'm not sure how to locate them. Hope someone can help.

Thank you for the link's for the Oasis/Allure review (it's the Oasis we're going on), however, the photos aren't opening. It may just be this dodgy work laptop though!

Sorry, there may be an obvious answer to this but....how do you find a specific member review?

There are a lot of suggestions for reading great reviews but after trying a search for a member's name (and it not working), I'm not sure how to locate them. Hope someone can help.

Thank you for the link's for the Oasis/Allure review (it's the Oasis we're going on), however, the photos aren't opening. It may just be this dodgy work laptop though!

I have a photo heavy Oasis review in my signature.

Find the member here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/memberlist.php

Then click on the member's name, Statistics, and "Find all threads started by ...".

I have written a couple of trip report / reviews on our two Freedom cruises, and when I was looking for good examples, I found the reviews from KansCocoa (Middle Age Drama Queen) to be awesome. I'm not sure if she is still posting on CC, but they were great!

Here's a link to one of hers, and once there the others are in her sig line:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1687150

In addition to several of the names already mentioned here, I'll add that Yorkvillain has also done some really good trip reports!

100% agree, I should have mentioned Tim's excellent Oasis review.:)

I have written a couple of trip report / reviews on our two Freedom cruises, and when I was looking for good examples, I found the reviews from KansCocoa (Middle Age Drama Queen) to be awesome. I'm not sure if she is still posting on CC, but they were great!

KansCocoa's review are always awesome. :D

I find it somewhat amusing that many of the people listed here (and I agree with the list) put a lot of pre-cruise detail into their reports which got blasted by some in the thread you started about reviews. I do keep in mind however one point from that thread. I will write my next one all at once and not keep people hanging on for a week or more!

PS- Chair Hogs hate my reviews :)

My favorites:

Radio, Trainman-2, LittleMissMagic, Gambee, DarthGrady, Hoopster95, harryfat1, PCWalton1, CupCrazy, Bugsy4271, empressofpurple (and others I can't think of right now)

For hilarious reviews my 3 favorites are:

SailorJack, maureencruiser and JohnGaltny

ace1zoe2 writes a good review with a lot of pictures. Her New England/ Canada review was a primary reason we took a New England cruise.

Others have mentioned my favorites, Radio, Trainman-2, Maxsmom, little miss magic, pcwalton. I know there are many more but these are the reviewers who post quite often.