Global Entry System

KirkNC

We went through Terminal 26 at Port Everglades 2 weeks ago when returning on the Oosterdam and did not see any signs for GE and did not see a line where that was available. After reading this and with some international flights coming up we will be signing up for this program.

Is GE good at any other ports besides Fort Lauderdale? I'm wondering about San Diego and Tampa.

So far Ft Lauderdale is the only port I have heard. There maybe others but no one has commented on them yet. Multiple airports have it.

We went through Terminal 26 at Port Everglades 2 weeks ago when returning on the Oosterdam and did not see any signs for GE and did not see a line where that was available. After reading this and with some international flights coming up we will be signing up for this program.

Pier 21 was sign less also.

We debarked from Westy last Saturday using Terminal 21, Port Everglades. We did early walk off and were ones of the first off. We were second or third in line for customs but there was a significant line behind us.

There was a GE line, no kiosk, but a line on the far right hand side of the customs line. Only one person at the customs desk and no one behind him in line.

I had been talking to wife about applying and wife wasn't buying it. She looked at the lines waiting behind us and said, we need to apply.

I'm confused on using GE at Amsterdam airport. From some sites it appears you can clear customs there & others say you need the Netherlands equivalent.

To my knowledge it only is applicable at US entry points.

We've used the GE kiosks at the Vancouver, Canada airport - where one clears US Immigration/Customs before flights to the US. I know there are other international airports where one clears U.S. CBP. It's been about 5 years since we've flown home thru AMS, but at the time we went thru CBP after arriving in the US. Things may have changed since then. I'd ask over on the cruise air forum where there are frequent international flyers.

Edited by Mary Ellen

A little tip - Once you have your trusted traveler number, write it down on your passport. We put ours near our address, in pencil, where you record your residence information.

A little tip - Once you have your trusted traveler number, write it down on your passport. We put ours near our address, in pencil, where you record your residence information.

Thanks. Will do it.

We just renewed our Goes card. It is the best investment we have made.

The international travel has saved us hours alone at all airports in the US and it makes travel to and from Canada much easier. Love the pre check with shoes, left on, liquids, computers in cases. It beats the first class line at tsa.

Thought I would report in that I just had my GE Interview this afternoon. WOW talk about fast. My appointment was for 1:30, I arrived and walked in the door at 1:14. I barely had the chance to read the sign that stated someone will come out and call your name, and this guy steps out of the closed door and calls my name. Now there were about 8 others sitting there waiting. I said in shock "that's me" he whisked me back, sat down said let me take your picture. He asked for my passport and drivers licence. Then said do you have any upcoming travel, I told him our flight to Rome. He said, OK let's take your finger prints. Placed my hand in the little box that was lit up green. Then he told me I would receive an email shortly and the number that starts with 98 is my Known Passenger number and to record that with my airlines. Told me to have a good trip and exit to the door on the left and I was done. Took a whole 4 minutes :)

• 2 weeks later...

We docked at Port Everglades Terminal 19 this past Monday and there was signage for Global Entry in the terminal. It was set up to be the extreme right lane and while CBP hasn't installed GE kiosks they appeared to have the finger print readers in place. We were prepared to show our cards but as it turned out they were using only the GE signed lane for everybody disembarking so we were processed like non-GE participants. Of course we were getting off the Silver Wind with only 242 passengers on the ship so no need to run the dozen or so lanes in Terminal 19. Additionally our tag color was the third called so not many had gotten off the ship so even without GE working we breezed right through.

As much as I don't particularly like the Ft Lauderdale airport have to say it wasn't as bad as I've seen it. Far as I could see from our ship there were four other ships in port, including the Zuiderdam, so probably some 8,000 +/- passengers. It was still nice to have TSA PreCheck at the airport and skip the longer security point lines.

We just had a very pleasant experience getting GE. I did the online application about two weeks ago. We had the 'conditional approval' in three days. I went online to schedule the interview. Unfortunately for us the closest port of entry for is Charlotte. RDU only schedules them one day a year. Charlotte CBP did not have appointments available until Mid-June :-(. We sail in 18 days. I went back online and saw that Dulles had appointments right away. So we spent a lovely Easter weekend in DC enjoying the cherry blossoms. Interview took 10 minutes and now we are 'trusted travelers.'

Dennis

Note, if you are flying a foreign carrier out of the US you will not get a

green check to get thru TSA. The carrier has to be US based or Canadian.

The first class lines still have you take out all your things and shoes off in the US. Oh well, we still loved the passes.

Note, if you are flying a foreign carrier out of the US you will not get a

green check to get thru TSA. The carrier has to be US based or Canadian.

The first class lines still have you take out all your things and shoes off in the US. Oh well, we still loved the passes.

Are you sure about that? What difference does it make what carrier you are flying out of the U.S.? It is, after all, a pre-check clearance for TSA purposes.

Bcnvcanada is correct. Foreign carriers are not participating airlines so have no access to the PreCheck program. Now if you start your trip on a participating airline, say for example American Airlines, and fly to a major US hub like Dallas to catch say a British Airways flight you should get PreCheck unless randomly non-selected. Conversely if you get yourself to Dallas to board a British Airways flight you won't get PreCheck as BA is not a participating airline. To the best of my knowledge Air Canada is the only participating non-US airline.

Am I seeing correctly, that LaGuardia is not on this list??? Seems inconceivable.

Probably not. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think LaGuardia has few if any international flights. Global Entry kiosks are for US Immigration and Customs when arriving on an international flight. I suspect LaGuardia honors GE for TSA precheck but would not have a Kiosk for arriving international passengers.

Looking at today's flight schedule the only international service I see is Canada and PAX there clear Immigration & Customs at their origin airport and are effectively domestic arrivals at LGA.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

We just had a very pleasant experience getting GE. I did the online application about two weeks ago. We had the 'conditional approval' in three days. I went online to schedule the interview. Unfortunately for us the closest port of entry for is Charlotte. RDU only schedules them one day a year. Charlotte CBP did not have appointments available until Mid-June :-(. We sail in 18 days. I went back online and saw that Dulles had appointments right away. So we spent a lovely Easter weekend in DC enjoying the cherry blossoms. Interview took 10 minutes and now we are 'trusted travelers.'

Dennis

Global Entry is not a lot of help flying out of the USA except for a TSA precheck line - leave shoes and jacket on. As said does not work unless you start a foreign journey on a US based carrier. The good part is coming home. Most airports with international flights have a kiosk. If you fly thru one of those airports schedule your interview there. It does not work getting of a cruise in the US except at Fort lauderdale unless things changed recently.

Suggest you get find an airport that can work for you where they do interviews. It also works in Australia and Korea. Interesting not going into Canada without more fees and another interview. Is WONDERFUL walking back into the US or driving at many ports of entry as you don't even stop!

Dennis

Did they issue your GE cards right at the airport? We did ours at Sanford/Orlando International and we had to wait for the card to come in the mail......it was another week at least.

Probably not. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think LaGuardia has few if any international flights. Global Entry kiosks are for US Immigration and Customs when arriving on an international flight. I suspect LaGuardia honors GE for TSA precheck but would not have a Kiosk for arriving international passengers.

Looking at today's flight schedule the only international service I see is Canada and PAX there clear Immigration & Customs at their origin airport and are effectively domestic arrivals at LGA.

Roy

Of course. That makes sense. We will be returning from Southampton via the QM2, so we will be going through immigration and customs in Brooklyn.

Did they issue your GE cards right at the airport? We did ours at Sanford/Orlando International and we had to wait for the card to come in the mail......it was another week at least.

We are having our interviews tomorrow at Orlando. Do they not advise you almost immediately thereafter that you have been approved? Or is it that you won't know until the card arrives? It was my understanding that once approved, and before the card arrives, that the approval is digitally sent to your passport. No?