Does it Bother You

solocanadian

I had the same thought.

What nonsense.

I have found a lot of useful information on this site and other Internet sites. There is also some misleading and, frankly, occasionally fraudulent information posted. Why is it "nonsense" to want to know if someone giving an opinion has a reasonable background for giving that opinion? Do you take everything you read on the Internet at face value?

I have found a lot of useful information on this site and other Internet sites. There is also some misleading and, frankly, occasionally fraudulent information posted. Why is it "nonsense" to want to know if someone giving an opinion has a reasonable background for giving that opinion? Do you take everything you read on the Internet at face value?

Well there are people on here that have posted incorrect info and they have lots of cruises completed. What's even worse is that they do not admit it and just slink away from the thread. Everyone makes mistakes so why not admit it? I don't think getting good info is reliant on taking one or a thousand cruises.

I actually wish everyone would include the list of their cruises. It gives validity to their point of view.

Really? We have 38 cruises to date and there are many others, like Krazy Kruizers, with significantly more than that. I don't mind seeing a couple of upcoming cruises listed but prefer nothing listed generally but each to their own.

Edited by qsuzi

I had no idea this was an issue. I just found the countdown clock last cruise and mine still be on. But Really???? Is this an issue?..

Nope, we are just pretending :D. Would love to hear why folks leave them on. Is it to pretend you are still on the ship :D?

Personally I don't think it is an issue for most posters. But it seems to be for a few.

....and you know that how? Or is that the topic for the day to be discussed? Is not important to me equal to not important to "most" posters?

Edited by cruz chic

It doesn't bother me. I must be very good at just ignoring things; I don't have signatures turned off but I rarely notice them. Seems like it used to be a lot worse -- folks would have a ton of large-sized photos in their signatures, but I haven't noticed that recently, at least not on the boards I frequent.

Signatures, especially the clocks, don't bother me one bit when I'm signed in, since I have images turned off.

What I can't stand is trying to read when I am not signed in. Some people have their countdown clocks (whether future, past, or some combination doesn't matter) across the screen, instead of vertically. That makes the screen about 2 1/2 times as wide as it should be for the entire page they have posted on.

It's a pain to have to scroll back & forth for an entire page of postings because they can't/won't list them differently.

What I can't stand is trying to read when I am not signed in. Some people have their countdown clocks (whether future, past, or some combination doesn't matter) across the screen, instead of vertically. That makes the screen about 2 1/2 times as wide as it should be for the entire page they have posted on. It's a pain to have to scroll back & forth for an entire page of postings because they can't/won't list them differently.

It is a pain to have to scroll back & forth. Sometimes it goes back to the beginning before I reach the end.

I actually wish everyone would include the list of their cruises. It gives validity to their point of view.

I couldn't hope to list all our cruises.

I stopped counting a few years when we hit 140.

After major house damage in 2010 from a massive snow storm, many albums were thrown out. Then last year we decided to down size and many, many more albums were thrown out.

KK,

Doesn't your Mariners On Line Account list all your HAL cruises?

Princess and Cunard etc likely could e-mail you a list.

I am ready to start doing the throw out thing but have barely started. :eek: So many things have lost their meaning/interest for me.

Edited by sail7seas

....and you know that how? Or is that the topic for the day to be discussed? Is not important to me equal to not important to "most" posters?

Well, this thread actually shows that for most it is not an issue but for some it is. So, fair comment by Cow Princess.

I think the OP is now aware that she can turn off signatures and not see the clocks or whatever. I wasn't too clear on how to do it so this thread was informational for me.

Having all your cruise history displayed takes up room on the screen. Maybe having a star system would indicate the experience a poster has ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what I've done for both princess and Hal. I see no value in listing all my cruises. Having expired cruise countdown clocks also takes room on the screen.

Edited by cruz chic

KK,

Doesn't your Mariners On Line Account list all your HAL cruises?

Princess and Cunard etc likely could e-mail you a list.

I am ready to start doing the throw out thing but have barely started. :eek: So many things have lost their meaning/interest for me.

You can see your princess cruises online too.

Well there are people on here that have posted incorrect info and they have lots of cruises completed. What's even worse is that they do not admit it and just slink away from the thread. Everyone makes mistakes so why not admit it? I don't think getting good info is reliant on taking one or a thousand cruises.

I agree - quantity is irrelevant

But....

If someone is commenting on a particular ship or a particular cruise, i would like to know if the poster actually had first hand knowledge - and how recent it is.

I agree - quantity is irrelevant

But....

If someone is commenting on a particular ship or a particular cruise, i would like to know if the poster actually had first hand knowledge - and how recent it is.

If someone has the intent to post fraudulent information, what would stop that person from posting a fraudulent cruise history too? :confused:

Signatures, especially the clocks, don't bother me one bit when I'm signed in, since I have images turned off.

What I can't stand is trying to read when I am not signed in. Some people have their countdown clocks (whether future, past, or some combination doesn't matter) across the screen, instead of vertically. That makes the screen about 2 1/2 times as wide as it should be for the entire page they have posted on.

It's a pain to have to scroll back & forth for an entire page of postings because they can't/won't list them differently.

How do you get onto CC without being signed in? When I get on I'm automatically signed in...

I have signatures turned off but If I want to look up someone I might put them back on temporarily...I also have all our cruises listed by year in my signature.. I'm not trying to brag, but do occasionally go back to see when I last was on such & such a ship.. Don't understand why that would annoy others..

Most of you have been on many more cruises than we have & I do enjoy seeing where you all have been when I turn the signatures back on for any reason..

I'm having major problems with my PC as I downloaded Windows 10 & screwed it up royally.. Our computer guy will be here Tuesday morning to see if I have a virus or just my stupid errors have screwed it up.. we have dialup service & it took me 28 hours to download Windows 10...I hate it!!:(:(.. Every time I try to turn a page or look at another thread I have to get off the internet for a minute & then come back on just to do one thing.. Hopefully it will not cost too much to get me back on the track..