Princess has cancelled our cruise

nunuc2000

It's not only Princess. Quite a few months of cruises were cancelled by Celebrity in early 2017 due to charters. We got bumped and were offered $100 total OBC. Luckily, we were able to choose a different sail date that worked for us. Good luck to everyone else. It's a hassle but hopefully, it'll all work out in the end.

I am NOT satisfied with the answer about my FCC's and will be calling someone else at Princess to assist with that one... expire, my butt!! :mad:

Celine

Are they FCDs (Future Cruise Deposits, the things you buy for $100 a pop onboard, and then get that $ refunded if you don't use), or FCCs (Future Cruise Credits, usually given for some kind of service failure or problem on a previous cruise)? Because that will probably make a difference in how they treat them.

Are they FCDs (Future Cruise Deposits, the things you buy for $100 a pop onboard, and then get that $ refunded if you don't use), or FCCs (Future Cruise Credits, usually given for some kind of service failure or problem on a previous cruise)? Because that will probably make a difference in how they treat them.

In this case, FCC (Future Cruise Certificate) is being used to mean FCD.

In this case, FCC (Future Cruise Certificate) is being used to mean FCD.

Yes, sorry... FCD.. purchased on our last cruise. And i agree with others... $15obc is not generous by any stretch. I thought I'd misread it at first when they sent me the email.

If you want them to extend your future cruise certificate, I would try back again. I usually find that speaking to someone else down at Princess is sometimes the answer. One will say no, another will say yes. Third time is always a charm.

I know it might not be quite as convenient but would you be able to fly up to San Francisco and do this coastal cruise? Does it fall into your schedule? If the 7 day coastal works for you on the Grand out of SF, it will still visit the same ports. Just a thought, even better if it allows you to stay for a few days and see the sites of our lovely city.

To the poster that was offered $15 ... whoa....I was the one that had a cruise canceled by Celebrity and thought that $200 wasn't all that generous. Yikes! $15 is incredibly low when you consider all the other planning that has taken place and that Princess will oftentimes offer you a LOT when you take a move over offer.

Not sure which cruise you're referring to? Is there one at the same time from SF? IN which case, yes, that would be great! I don't see it online though...?:confused:

Bummer..I have Princess air booked to cover a HA and Princess cruise...b2b..I would be upset to have all those arrangements changed due to a charter...$15 is laughable ....that is barely a glass of wine...

Hope something else works out for you:confused:

We also were cancelled for 4/22/17, Ruby, Coastal Calif. Received the e mail yesterday...

We are Celeb cruisers but wanted to try Ruby.. we thought the So Coastal Calif 7 day was a perfect itin for us..,.got a very decent price on a mini suite..and .a few perks even though we have no status level on Princess....but not going to happen, We were not interested in the alt date offered...

Not the worst for us, but Princess lost an opportunity to gain new customers!

We already called to have them re-credit our card...they held a large dep since we booked...

Hope others find something that works!

I called yesterday the customer service person knew nothing about the cancelation! I was able to re-book for the following week but not at the great rate I previously had! They offered the whooping 15.00 on board credit...I said really 15.00 are they sure they can spare it!! It is really insulting like your time in planning is worth nothing!!

We had just booked our air the day before, thankfully through EZ-AIR so they cancelled with no issues.

You have to wonder why they are so secretive on cancelling to begin with!

Yep! That's what I got for the 10/1/16 Ruby cancellation. I was able to move my reservation to the 10/8 cruise and kept the same cabin. So the $15 will go towards a glass of wine or two

Did you get price protection and promo protection? I think other cruise lines will protect both, but not sure about Princess...

My travel agent still has not been officially notified of the cancellation and she is a top producer for Princess! The value of the Sip N Sail was about $400 pp, so the $15 does not make me want to jump and shout. Will probably not re-book.

Not sure which cruise you're referring to? Is there one at the same time from SF? IN which case, yes, that would be great! I don't see it online though...?:confused:

Princess does have a 7 night California coastal itinerary leaving out of SF in Sept and in Oct. Looking back at your post, I see you may be needing to go on the 1st of October and that is not offered. Too bad ... I saw one in Sept and a couple in mid / late October. Guess that doesn't work for you. :(

Did you get price protection and promo protection? I think other cruise lines will protect both, but not sure about Princess...

Yes, the price and promo remained the same. But that is what is still being offered on the website, so no skin off of their nose.

We were disappointed our Ruby Princess Pacific Coastal was canceled...we booked initially b/c Celebrity did not offer this itin...

When I checked the Celebrity website today I was happy to learn that Infinity is now doing a similar itin in Oct 2017, that has an overnight in San Francisco, and works with our schedule...lost San Diego but have enjoyed that city previousy..We think we made a good save. For us, it means a lower deposit, alcohol package perk and our other Captains Club perks..

anyone out there might want to check it out.,Infinity is older than Ruby but has recently been updated & seems like a good ship for Calif Coastal

PS Just hope Celeb does not cancel us....they did that for our Infinity ABC Island cruise for 2016...but we were able to pic another date.

Edited by hcat

The OP is fortunate to have booked their air through Princess (we seldom do this ourselves). The real pity should go to all those who have booked their own non-refundable air...as the airlines generally have little sympathy when cruise lines cancel cruises.

Hank

Yup....that is really unfair....wonder if cancel any reason trip ins covers airfare?

when we switched to the Celeb itin on Infinity we did so knowing they might cancel for the Dreamforce Conference's use of Infinity as a hotel, like they did last year and disrupted our schedule.......We will only book with SW air which is refundable/changeable.,

Hope everyone's new plans work out,..

Yup....that is really unfair....wonder if cancel any reason trip ins covers airfare?

When checking eZAir recently many times "flexible" airfare was less expensive & was not paid until 45 days in advance so hopefully those affected had this type of airfare. "Restricted" was payable when booking & non-refundable but I haven't needed to use the Princess insurance's "cancel for any reason" option.

Edited by Astro Flyer

anyone out there might want to check it out.,Infinity is older than Ruby but has recently been updated & seems like a good ship for Calif Coastal

The Infinity is a marvelous ship....we've sailed on her 3 times and probably my favorite ship of all times ... and one of these was in an inside cabin. Still just the best ever. I had my way, I would be on her for every cruise!! I booked her again for a B2B, as I mentioned in another thread.

But I do think that the OP was referring to this year's itinerary. If I am mistaking, then the Sept 24, 2017 cruise would get you back into LA on October 1st. Hopefully, I am mistaking!

what do you mean that Princess cancelled for a charter?

Cruise lines sometimes book large groups on a cruise but other passengers can still also book the cruise; sometimes a cruise line will charter the entire ship to a group.

I've read several times where passengers already booked had their reservations canceled for a charter booking & just one example was on the Regal's first Valentine's Day cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It's not a charter, it's a redeployment. They split two 7 day cruises up into a bunch of 4 day cruises.

And didn't someone post the message they got from Princess, with a link to a form to fill out for any expenses they wouldn't be able to get refunded? That sound like Princess will be covering air change fees even if you don't have their air.

It's not a charter, it's a redeployment. They split two 7 day cruises up into a bunch of 4 day cruises.

Because princess does so well with short cruises?

How long before we see

'get the entire cruise fare back as credit towards a future cruise'

again?