Carnival now giving Anniversary and Birthday gifts

ready2cruzagain

When I booked the steakhouse, the email form asked if I was celebrating anything. I said anniversary. And that night is our actual anniversary. When we got our confirmation it showed anniversary on the paperwork.

Its also listed under Special Occasions on our guest tabs for the second leg of our BTB, not the first since our Anniversary is not that week. Wonder if I should put down both weeks?

We shall see.

Edited by Trumpster

Just off the Freedom on Saturday, the 13th. Hubby's birthday is the 24th. He got a nice card wishing him HB with a $25 bottle of wine card, a $50 spa card and a free photo card.

I don't recall notifying them it was his birthday although his passport info would have that. jk

When you check in online, under guest information, it asks for your birth date.

Question about wine from the Fun Shop, for those that have received the $25 gift card towards a purchase. Can you take the bottle of wine back to your room to drink? Not really crazy about paying the corkage fee in MDR.

I ordered my free wine in the MDR. No corkage fee.

Question about wine from the Fun Shop, for those that have received the $25 gift card towards a purchase. Can you take the bottle of wine back to your room to drink? Not really crazy about paying the corkage fee in MDR.

You only pay corkage fee for wine that you bring on to the ship, not for wine purchased ON the ship.

I ordered my free wine in the MDR. No corkage fee.

Thanks so much for this information. We have never taken wine onboard before and knew they charged a corkage fee, but it's nice to know if it's a freebie they won't charge the fee!

Thanks so much for this information. We have never taken wine onboard before and knew they charged a corkage fee, but it's nice to know if it's a freebie they won't charge the fee!

I used the $25 gift card for a bottle of $25 wine at the atrium bar and was not charged gratuities. Took the bottle back to my room and enjoyed it. You can carry on one bottle of wine each and as long as you don't take it to the restaurant with you, you are not charged a corkage fee. For example, I fill my wine glass in the room and take the full glass to dinner with me.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Yeah the fee is only on wine that you bring onboard and want to drink it (as in open the bottle there) in the MDR. If you buy it on the ship it's exempt. You also don't pay if you choose to drink it in your cabin.

I was very happy to get a free $25 bottle of wine via a little card delivered to my cabin by my Room Steward. I don't drink very much, but I shared it with a couple of my table mates. We had a good time! :)

Edited by firemanbobswife

We wonder as well. I just filled out our online check-in yesterday and no where in the pages did it ask for special occasions. DH has a birthday in the month we sail so I would have noticed it if there was a question.:confused::confused:

I'm with you. Did my check-in just yesterday and never saw that option. I'm just going to send my TA an email at "celebrating birthday" to my booking. I will take what whatever they offer:D

It must depend on what "level" you are - we just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on the Glory and didn't receive any "extras" even had dinner reservations in the steakhouse on our actual anniversary. I did make sure to include the date when I booked the cruise and the steakhouse. Oh well, still had a great time!!

It must depend on what "level" you are - we just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on the Glory and didn't receive any "extras" even had dinner reservations in the steakhouse on our actual anniversary. I did make sure to include the date when I booked the cruise and the steakhouse. Oh well, still had a great time!!

No it's not.

It's already been stated that it is a random selection of people. They aren't going to give freebies to everyone celebrating a special event. That's probably half the ship.

I'll never get a birthday gift. I refuse to sail in July, when they double the rate (unless I get a free one)

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

My birthday month is July too so super expensive. I don't cruise for my birthday as a result. Don't care about getting a gift. Every cruise line is pricey in July.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi

Does the event date need to take place while you are on board? We are looking at a cruise that is 10 days after my Mom's b'day and our anniversary, and ends 2 weeks before my Dad's b'day.

Thanks

No, my friend was surprised when she discovered a $25 wine GC, a $50 spa GC and a free 6 x 9 photo GC in their room. We were not sailing on her actual birthday, but her birthday month. Nice surprise!!:)

Edited by nissach

This may sound like a stupid question, but here it is. When you list your anniversary and it ask for the date xx/xx/xxxx do you list what it is this year or the actual year you got married?:o:o:o

Year you were married. Not this year!

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

• 5 months later...

Currently on the Carnival Fantasy and came back to the room to find a surprise $25 wine gift card. Neither my husband or I are celebrating anything. It was a pleasant surprise and very unexpected, but nonetheless appreciated.