Carnival now giving Anniversary and Birthday gifts

ready2cruzagain

Well glad to hear this as I will be sailing during my birthday in September on The Freedom. I sailed last year on my birthday (on RCCL) and every time I bought a drink at a bar they said Happy Birthday. It caught me by surprise the first time as I wondered how they knew. I guess it came up when they scanned my card. No free stuff from RCCL so it will be nice if Carnival gives me something.

I'm very curious to see how many people receive something. DH and I will be having our 5 year anniversary on embarkation day. Since that's the busiest day, I wonder if we might be overlooked. (If we were to receive anything at all of course).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got the $50.00 Spa gift card on the Sensation. No birthday, no anniversary, no nothing. They were handing them out like candy. Our room steward had a stack of them in his hand. Just a way to get people to use the Spa.

You could not use it with any of the spa specials. Had to use it on a full price item.

Edited by Frank12

I am glad to hear about this. We usually sail on or hear our anniversary and they usually treat us to a cake with a little song by the waiters.

We will be on the Liberty in March and I will be celebrating my 70th Bday. I have informed Carnival that it will be my Bday while I am aboard so I'll let you know what happens.

Cheers

Len

Feeling a bit stupid. Looking at my guest info section, I see where I can update travel, emergency contact, on board payment info and identification credentials but I see no option to add celebration or special information. :confused:

Just off the Freedom on Saturday, the 13th. Hubby's birthday is the 24th. He got a nice card wishing him HB with a $25 bottle of wine card, a $50 spa card and a free photo card.

I don't recall notifying them it was his birthday although his passport info would have that. jk

We celebrated our anniversary last month on Sunshine. When we got to our cabin there was a complimentary dinner ticket for JiJi's or Capitano's. We chose JiJi's and it was FABULOUS! The occasion was noted on our profile. Hope they keep it up. We're booked on Miracle next anniversary + Conquest the one after that.

Since this seems to be hit or miss on the items being offered for celebrations, it will probably be like the free or discounted cruises that have been given out randomly in the past. Those that receive them are thankful and those that don't are pissed off at Carnival for not getting what others received.

Since this seems to be hit or miss on the items being offered for celebrations, it will probably be like the free or discounted cruises that have been given out randomly in the past. Those that receive them are thankful and those that don't are pissed off at Carnival for not getting what others received.

I for one would just be happy to have received something but unfortunately there are those who "deserve" to receive one and do not and will definitely let everyone know about being left out.

That's what used to happen when they would bring a whole birthday or anniversary cake at no charge (and sing to you) at dinner in the dining room. Some tables had a birthday or anniversary every night.

When they started charging for a whole cake in the dining room, it was amazing how many fewer birthdays and anniversaries there were.

Could just be people not feeling it is worth it to pay for the cake. When I was younger, my family would go to Olive Garden for my birthday and they'd bring out the cake and do the song routine. After I got married, I took my wife and told them it was her birthday, but found out they charged for the cake when it showed up on the bill. We still go there for birthdays sometimes, but we no longer tell them it's our birthdays.

I am one of those that have never received anything free from Carnival, such as a free cruise. I was surprised. The staff stated that it is something new so maybe they are just rolling it out to the ships. Would be nice if they were consistent for once.

We leave Sunday, February 21st, on the Dream, and it is also DH's birthday. I noted his "special occasion" when I completed our guest information. Guess we will see whether or not he gets a card or anything special. Of note, I can understand why Carnival would only give gifts if you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary WHILE you are on the ship. It's a stretch to expect something for your anniversary or birthday sailing when you are sailing a month later or earlier, etc. IMHO.

We were recently on the Glory during our anniversary and for our anniversary we received a $50 Gift Card to the Spa, and we received a $25 Gift Card towards a bottle of wine.

Used the Spa Card for a manicure...paid a tip was all and used the $25 card for a $25 bottle of wine (there was no gratuity added).

The staff said it is something new they are doing.

I thought it was Awesome!!

We sailed in January on Glory. It was our belated Honeymoon Cruise. Our waitstaff brought us a small heart-shaped cake with candle. On the plate written in chocolate was "Happy Honeymoon". They also sang to us.

When we got back to the cabin, there was a CCL container with $25 GC for bottle of wine + a coupon for a 6 X 9 photo. We had not taken any photos so had to take one the next 2 nights in the MDR.

Our cabin steward had also written "Happy Honeymoon" on the vanity mirror.

Nice unexpected touch!

We sailed in January on Glory. It was our belated Honeymoon Cruise. Our waitstaff brought us a small heart-shaped cake with candle. On the plate written in chocolate was "Happy Honeymoon". They also sang to us.

When we got back to the cabin, there was a CCL container with $25 GC for bottle of wine + a coupon for a 6 X 9 photo. We had not taken any photos so had to take one the next 2 nights in the MDR.

Our cabin steward had also written "Happy Honeymoon" on the vanity mirror.

Nice unexpected touch!

Our cabin steward also wrote on our mirror, left it on there for the full 21 days lol.

Per John...

What a few ships are doing to help promote areas like Ji Ji's on the Sunshine or the Spa on another ship is to send some, not all a promotional gift certificate with a discount or a specific promotion offer. It is not every ship and not every week and certainly not everyone who is celebrating a birthday or special ocassion. We also offer suite guests this when we can. It is random and again is really and honestly done to help promote a certain revenue area.

So, pretty much hit or miss ...

Feeling a bit stupid. Looking at my guest info section, I see where I can update travel, emergency contact, on board payment info and identification credentials but I see no option to add celebration or special information. :confused:

Where is the modify button? I do not see one. ????

If you still need help finding it...

Go to My Cruise Manager, then go to My Cruise Details.

Look for the 4 tabs about halfway down the page. Select My Guests.

Look for "modify" on the left, under your name & contact info. It's right there -- hiding in plain sight! :D

We got two coupons for complimentary Steakhouse Entrees two weeks ago on the Glory.

It was my spouse's birthday during the cruise and we're Plat and stayed in a Suite too, but it was sorta a head scratcher as to why we got it. Regardless of the reason, the steak was excellent.

Per John...

What a few ships are doing to help promote areas like Ji Ji's on the Sunshine or the Spa on another ship is to send some, not all a promotional gift certificate with a discount or a specific promotion offer. It is not every ship and not every week and certainly not everyone who is celebrating a birthday or special ocassion. We also offer suite guests this when we can. It is random and again is really and honestly done to help promote a certain revenue area.

So, pretty much hit or miss ...

Well that explains that one. Guess it is hit or miss and here I was told it was something new they were doing for birthdays and anniversaries.:rolleyes: