Fttf?

luvs2beachit

Really only you can answer that. If you like to get onboard early and go right to your room, if you have tender ports, or if you plan to spend a lot of time at Guest Services, then FTTF might be worth it for you. If none of those sound like what you would like, then it might not be for you.

I am looking forward to having it on my first carnival cruise :) I love to get on the ship asap and one of my only negative memories of my last cruise was carrying around my carry ons till my room was available about 1pm. My main reason for getting it is to have my room ready when we board, especially since our kids will be with us this time.

Personal preference but totally worth it for us because:

1. Room ready as soon as you board and not having to lug around luggage...can't imagine doing this as this is always the case on Princess.

2. Priority tendering and debark...love this... never waiting in line

3. Never waited in a line at guest services either...or at the port check in....and we were among the first 15 people off the ship at debark to make an early flight and didn't wait in any lines there either....

As I have said on here before, my husband questioned why we would need this as we never waited in any lines on our last Carnival cruise? I then explained to him that was because we had FTTF.

We love it and have never had a port where we haven't docked.

We like going to the room right away and most important to us is the last morning and we get to leave the ship usually amongst the 1st 50 people which means no long wait in the custom lines.

Love Baltimore to cruise from but the custom line can back up all the way up the ramp to the ship and it's a long wait with no rest for old legs

Is it worth it to purchase FTTF? :confused:

This question has been asked, and answered, multiple times on here. The answers are always the same. Some say "no". Some say "yes". Look at all of the benefits included, and decide whether or not you want those benefits.

This will be just our second cruise on Carnival so debating whether or not we will qualify for enough of the benefits of FTTF to make it worth the extra expense. We will likely arrive at the port about noon and will want to debark as soon as possible when we return. When I asked a Carnival rep today on the phone about debarkation he said that we wouldn't qualify for anything with FTTF besides embarkation?

I've never done Carnival, how late do you board if you don't have FTTF? I'm leaving out of Long Beach if that helps answer my question.

Never went out of Long Beach but Miami was probably about a half hour. We had FTTF in Baltimore but the line didn't look that bad...on the flip slide we just had it in Ft. Lauderdale and I'm glad we did. That line was insane had to be at least 45 mins.

This will be just our second cruise on Carnival so debating whether or not we will qualify for enough of the benefits of FTTF to make it worth the extra expense. We will likely arrive at the port about noon and will want to debark as soon as possible when we return. When I asked a Carnival rep today on the phone about debarkation he said that we wouldn't qualify for anything with FTTF besides embarkation?

That makes absolutely no sense! The benefits of FTTF are:

• Priority embarkation
  • Priority debarkation
  • Immediate access to your stateroom upon embarkation
  • Priority line guest services
  • Expedited luggage delivery (YMMV)
  • Priority tendering

If you purchase FTTF, you are entitled to ALL of those benefits. It's up to you if it is worth the price to purchase.

If it got me faster through the buffet line then I'd be all over it. :D That's the only line that I hate.

Last couple of cruises the "VIP" line to get on the ship was longer than the regular line.

Never bothered with it, that $60 pays for our sailaway drinks.

If exploring the ship when you first get on board is a priority for you and you dont want to lug bags around then maybe $60 is worth it to you. If getting off the ship 30-60 mins ahead of non-VIP folks is important, again might be worth it to you.

I plop my carry on down on the floor next to me at the bar. We self-assist getting off and usually off the ship within an hour of ship clearing customs. If tendering is a concern we purchase a Carnival excursion and get necessary priority that way.

Edited by cdnmr

We had FTTF for our Dream cruise a few weeks ago. We were dropped off in front of the terminal a little before 11. We went through check-in, boarded, dropped our carry-ons in our room and were eating lunch in Pasta Bella by 12. We did self disembark. Met in the Crimson dining room at 6:15, started disembarking at 6:45, leaving the Fulton garage by 7:30. Didn't use priority tendering at Belize, but did use the priority line at Guest Services a few times. I felt it was worth the cost, and will buy it again.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

We love it and have never had a port where we haven't docked.

We like going to the room right away and most important to us is the last morning and we get to leave the ship usually among the 1st 50 people which means no long wait in the custom lines.

Love Baltimore to cruise from but the custom line can back up all the way up the ramp to the ship and it's a long wait with no rest for old legs

T2C hi! Three of us are sailing out of Baltimore on our first CCL crusie. We will be driving form the DC area. I am disabled (mobility and severe vision issues). I have to use at least a cane almost 100% of the time. Our cruise docs stare that there is a 1:30 - 3;30 PM embarkation time. I do not see anything about a specific check in time though. Not knowing the CCL procedures for ADA passengers, we went ahead and bought the FTTF pass.

1) I am reading this correctly that I just need one pass since the three of us are together in one cabin, correct?

2) We will be dropped off at the port by a family member. Having the FTTF pass, what time should we plan to be dropped off?

3) Once we are at the terminal, is there a particular area or section of the terminal I should look for FTTF check in, screening, embarkation?

4) How long after the scheduled arrival time back in Baltimore should I have pick up meet us at the terminal and is there a particular place designated for that?

Thanks!

Personally I don't think it's worth it.

The Priority lines from Long Beach on our last cruise in January were probably longer than the regular lines. I heard they had too many Platinum, Diamond, and FTTF guests & pulled employees from the regular check-in lines to help out there, but that everyone waited about the same amount of time.

We waited in line for over an hour and got onboard around 1pm. Rooms were ready so there was no wait for that. Our luggage was there by the time the safety drill was over.

Didn't use the tender at all so there was no issue with Priority tender.

We needed to use Guest Services three times and there was never a wait... actually I was being waited on when a Priority customer came into the line and since I was already being waited on they had to wait until I was done.

We didn't care when we disembarked because we had relatives in the area picking us up so that was not an issue either.

I absolutely love FTTF. We always bring our own pop on board so being able to drop that off in our rooms immediately is very helpful!

If you're doing a tender port It's an even better idea!

I've cruised many times and will continue to book FTTF :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just had this in Galveston and we definitely had priority debarkation. We did carry off luggage and got to meet in the theater and were off right behind platinum self disembark people. It was great- only time we stopped was when our passport got checked. We were probably at our car within 10 minutes of being "released" from the theater.

I can answer some of this, even though I'm not T2C :)

T2C hi! Three of us are sailing out of Baltimore on our first CCL crusie. We will be driving form the DC area. I am disabled (mobility and severe vision issues). I have to use at least a cane almost 100% of the time. Our cruise docs stare that there is a 1:30 - 3;30 PM embarkation time. I do not see anything about a specific check in time though. Not knowing the CCL procedures for ADA passengers, we went ahead and bought the FTTF pass.

1) I am reading this correctly that I just need one pass since the three of us are together in one cabin, correct?

Just one pass per cabin :)

2) We will be dropped off at the port by a family member. Having the FTTF pass, what time should we plan to be dropped off?

Anytime you want, you are considered priority boarding and can arrive at your leisure :)

3) Once we are at the terminal, is there a particular area or section of the terminal I should look for FTTF check in, screening, embarkation?

I don't know about this port specifically but there should be signs, maybe someone else can give a better idea

4) How long after the scheduled arrival time back in Baltimore should I have pick up meet us at the terminal and is there a particular place designated for that?

Thanks!

For us, FTTF was worth it for two main reasons:

1. No wait for our cabin
  2. No wait at Guest Services

We didn't expect to spend much time at Guest Services, but it was nice not to have to wait in a 20-30 minute line the few times we did have to get things addressed (Sail & Sign card malfunction, charged for someone else's spa service, etc.).

Also, not sure if this is consistent, but we got Zone 2 luggage tags with a letter indicating it was due to having purchased FTTF. So if you're not self-debarking, it's a good zone to have. We self-debarked and flashed our cards to be able to join the Diamonds in the dining room. We were probably among the first 50 people off the ship.

Edited by BTHodgeman

On the Dream 3 weeks ago FTTF was not allowed to use the Platinum/Diamond/Suite lounge but there was a separate check in counter for us and we were allowed to board immediately. We could also use the priority line at GS, had priority tendering (although we didn't use it), and priority disembark (self-assist). We thought it was worth it and would buy it again.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app