Live from Azamara Journey: Hits and Misses from its Refurb

LauraS

:rolleyes:

Is this a joke thread? Well, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Is it time to pull the plug before we all peg out?

Yuk yuk. It wasn't intended to be but has become very comical. I have received some good responses to things I was concerned about though so laugh on everyone. :D

Edited by potterp

Don't forget there are others that find the hook in the cabin to be very useful!

If you don't like it - don't use it. But let everyone make their own decisions.

Can't understand why they removed that hook - unless Azamara are more concerned about the "looks" than the usefullness for their guests...

Thanks for your support. This is what some (including me), agree with. it's nice looking but if it's not functional, who cares. We're not going to live there forever but would just like to have the things we used to have.

Good luck with those staterooms keeping looking nice and tidy with hooks and duct tape all over the place. I'd love to see some of the cabins wth stuff hanging from the ceiling and walls. Like walking into a Chinese laundry! :eek: I prefer to keep the place smart and tidy and uncluttered, but each to their own.

Phil

Hmmmm.....not sure if you are dissing me, the Chinese, or making a joke! To each their own.

By the time you load up the hooks on the bathroom door with 2 bathrobes, 2 bath towels, and a hanging cosmetic bag, you can hardly turn around inside the tiny bathroom (unless you are in a suite or leave the door open, that is)!!!!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂

PS: I already have the hook and the line. Looks like I will have to add a "sinker" to my kit. At this rate I will be packing packing a second bag! Maybe I will bring extra to sell. Perhaps I could set up a table in Mosaic....

There are two new guest cabins on the refurbished Journey: 8800 and 8802. They are in front of 8002.

8802 was very comfortable and quiet. I liked it.

Here's a picture...

Bonnie,

Thanks. I didn't know that. Yes it looks nice.

Thanks.

Edited by potterp

We use the hooks on the bathroom door for bathrobes. I pack a few clothes pegs and peg costumes to a coat hanger and hang in shower or over bath depending on type of cabin we are in. I must admit I send swimwear to the laundry instead of a second ' rinse'

I keep a costume washing liquid in a one portion Gordons gin bottle( you know the type you get on an airplane ) however on the Journey last year I had unfortunately forgotten to fill it up so rinsed it in the sink with a costume to get any remains out. I then left the bottle upturned on the sink.

When we returned to the cabin the bottle had been dried and was on the counter top by the drinks tray with a bottle of Bombay Saphire and a note informing me there was tonic in the fridge. Talk about attention to detail.....the spirits provided had not included gin and our butler must have thought he would fix my 'problem'.

On Celebrity we use the hook on the wall in the cabin to hang the pool bag on however I don't remember there being one in the suite last year.

Am I the only one who makes sure the cabin is spick and span with everything away before we leave it to go to breakfast? After all it's my holiday home and I am house proud.

I put everything away before we leave our room, including wiping the sink and countertop. Jammie's are tucked away in a drawer...don't want anyone touching my personal items. 😉 😋

Hmmmm.....not sure if you are dissing me, the Chinese, or making a joke! To each their own.

No, I wasn't "dissing" you, just expressing my opinion. Taking items from home to hang up clothes on a multi-million dollar upgraded ship for people to use duct tape and as someone else said hanging stuff from the ceilings. I wasn't "dissing" the Chinese either, but speaking metaphorically as yes, a bit of a joke.

Phil

No, I wasn't "dissing" you, just expressing my opinion. Taking items from home to hang up clothes on a multi-million dollar upgraded ship for people to use duct tape and as someone else said hanging stuff from the ceilings. I wasn't "dissing" the Chinese either, but speaking metaphorically as yes, a bit of a joke.

Phil

It is sad though when a multi-million dollar upgrade misses the boat (pun intended) on small items that would make the room more functional (at least for some people).

Time to lighten up! The duct tape was a joke. Although, I do travel with duct tape. It has proven to be invaluable on more than one occasion. Have you ever seen the Canadian tv show "Red Green"?

I haven't seen Red Green, but I just Googled it so know what you mean.;) I'm glad the duct tape was a joke. I took you as being serious. Honestly, I've been around these boards so long and people really do take the duct tape with them wherever they go. All manner of uses, especially if your partner has a habit of talking too much. You are right. Time to lighten up!:)

Phil

Am I the only one who makes sure the cabin is spick and span with everything away before we leave it to go to breakfast? After all it's my holiday home and I am house proud.

No, it's a bit of a joke even if we are having room service I have to be up ahead of time to check all the previous nights clothes are put away.

I blame my mother's strict rules when I was little.

I wouldn't go as far as actually cleaning something, but tidying up, yes

Has anyone seen or have pictures of the two handicapped verandah cabins on deck 6 since they were upgraded to suites? I am hoping they raised the desk area, added much better lighting (I understand that was a universal request), and, yes, kept the clothesline? We were on the Quest in January and putting on make up in a wheelchair does require a reasonable space and I remembered the Journey from years before had everything at the perfect height. And yes, I use that line for delicates that I am not sending to the laundry and should not go in dryers in any case.

Has anyone seen or have pictures of the two handicapped verandah cabins on deck 6 since they were upgraded to suites? I am hoping they raised the desk area, added much better lighting (I understand that was a universal request), and, yes, kept the clothesline? We were on the Quest in January and putting on make up in a wheelchair does require a reasonable space and I remembered the Journey from years before had everything at the perfect height. And yes, I use that line for delicates that I am not sending to the laundry and should not go in dryers in any case.

Actually, the only person who did say they had a clothesline in their shower was in an accessible cabin on deck 6 but I have not been able to find out if other cabins on that deck have them.

Perhaps that person will come in here and answer you question about the desk area also.

Don't pay attention to the person who says there are more important things in life than hooks. That is what they started when I asked questions about where to hang wet bathing suits.

I wish the only worries I had was hooks,washing lines and wet bathing suits.

Sure, but there are other message boards and threads for those topics. Cruise critic is where we talk about cruise vacations, and for some of us, that includes the specifics of what we can expect in a cruise cabin.

I don't believe it !!

What a load of chunter about a clothes line - For Gawd's sake lighten up; Its hardly a deal breaker is it; "Ooh I'm NEVER going on Azamara again 'cos there's no clothes line in the bathroom."

There was an early comment in this thread about the crew:

If you had just spent 2 weeks working 7 days a week to do a refit and feed 1000 contractors AND clean up ready for another cruise, you'd be tired and a bit teasy wouldn't you?