Towels

LovetheCubs

So I see alot of packing tips that say dont bring pool towels that they are available at the pool. But....how do you find your chair! I have seen pictures of tons of towls on chairs. If you get in the pool or go to the bar for a few wouldnt it be confusing? (This is my first cruise so it may not be as crazy as it looks in the pics!) But also has anyone ever have someone take their cruise line towel thinking its theirs?

You'd have a beach bag or some kind of bag with you right? To carry your stuff? Or a book, a hat? If you go to the pool with absolutely nothing then maybe you can fold your towel in a recognizable way. I would recommend you put something there besides your towel, such as a bottle of water or a drink, as it might look unoccupied (chair reserving situation) and get taken away.

You'd have a beach bag or some kind of bag with you right? To carry your stuff? Or a book, a hat? If you go to the pool with absolutely nothing then maybe you can fold your towel in a recognizable way. I would recommend you put something there besides your towel, such as a bottle of water or a drink, as it might look unoccupied (chair reserving situation) and get taken away.

Haha so I am blonde, really! I am so consumed with this and that for this crusie lol that didnt even cross my mind!

So no one brings their own?

You will have your "stuff" there,....your coverup, book, tote, etc....

It's not confusing or hard to remember where you're sitting!

You don't want to bring your own towel...they get wet and dirty...stuff doesn't dry very well in the cabin...Use the ship's towels!

Edited by cb at sea

You can get a fresh towel on board if you need one. Just give them the old one and they'll give you another one. (If I remember correctly.)

They do indeed. If you don't get them in your cabin to start with ask the room steward for 2. Then swap them at the poolside as you finish. If they are in your cabin wet the steward will replace anyway.

Mike

You can use towel clips or even hair clips to put towels on the chair. When my kids were small I would use clothespins and glue stars or sunshine pictures on them and clip towels to the chairs so they knew which chair was theirs.

Can you bring the towels off the ship?

As said, yes, and they usually have an exchange set up just off the ship before you board. That way you can exchange for a clean one right then, instead of carrying your sandy/wet towel back to your cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

We are glad we brought our own with us! We couldn't find the towels in one of our staterooms until the last day. They were under the bed, all the way to the back! [emoji845]

I'm sure if we hadn't had our own we would have insisted the room steward find them for us but since the kids were the ones that got wet the most, we would take our own (Canada flag) towels to put on our chairs and the kids would use the NCL towels to dry off with. Chairs were then easy to spot and the wet towels could be exchanged for dry ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are glad we brought our own with us! We couldn't find the towels in one of our staterooms until the last day. They were under the bed, all the way to the back! [emoji845]

I'm sure if we hadn't had our own we would have insisted the room steward find them for us but since the kids were the ones that got wet the most, we would take our own (Canada flag) towels to put on our chairs and the kids would use the NCL towels to dry off with. Chairs were then easy to spot and the wet towels could be exchanged for dry ones.

:confused: But that is the job of the cabin steward. If there is something in your room that you need that you don't have, or something that is missing, you just need to ask them, or leave a note if you don't see them. We saw our cabin steward frequently and he took care of the (reasonable) requests we had quickly.

I bring a couple of really thin towels that dry quickly and don't take up much space, mainly for in port. I often didn't want to bother with ship thicker towels on island or port. I'm not cold so didn't feel like needed big or plush (not that many cruise lines stock plush anymore but started this years ago).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We never had any plans to use the NCL towels in the first place.

I was unimpressed with our cabin steward, who was noticeably absent a lot of the time. There were a few things lacking on his part and I will be giving feedback to the Hotel Director about it.

We loved having our own towels with us, and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. To each, their own.